d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Monolths
Prev1118119120121122174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 26 2017 10:29am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 26 2017 12:11am)
card_sultan do you believe in ET ?

yes, but i believe they are from either this plane in land past Antarctica, or from another dimension/time - maybe they should be called extra-dimensional beings. The idea they traveled billions of light years to visit us is pretty incredulous.

Quote (Santara @ Apr 26 2017 03:01am)
Except for the part where combustion does work. Combustion takes place in the combustion chamber, not vacuum. The expanding gases push out on all sides of the chamber except for the exhaust nozzle. That means that the combustion pushes the chamber in the opposite direction of the exhaust. Do you even rocket engine?

Who else would you be talking about when you strongly imply that a message is being crafted to mislead the public?

I just explained that combustion works in space. When did you ask about accelerating from 2K to 17.5K?

"Doesn't seem like..." is yet ANOTHER argument from incredulity from you. Just because YOU don't understand doesn't mean reality is inexplicable.

The extruding flames are a result of the exothermic reaction which cannot occur in a vacuum and therefore no thrust.

See the only difference is that you blind believe in the state religion, i see it's just bs your told to believe.

Low Earth Orbit is not space, this is why they have sent a man past low earth orbit since 1972 - because our method of travel past there is just sci fi fantasy.

Just because You dont understand people who dont blindly believe in the state religion like yourself, doesn't make what they are saying not true.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 26 2017 05:22am)
Liquid oxygen would literally allow oxidation under any circumstances as long as there is something there to burn and some sort of spark to start the reaction. The only requirement for combustion is an oxidizer, something to oxidize, and activation energy which can be done with the most minor spark.

So if rockets really work in space, why hasn't man been back to the moon, Because it would be to much of a joke.

Quote (russian @ Apr 26 2017 06:07am)
I never said it was a vacuum. I just asked what your opinion was. Not only about the actual cutter, but also the person that's staying underwater for a surprisingly long amount of time. It's well known that humans require oxygen to survive (we actually need it to oxidize a fuel - a glucose derivative - in what's essentially a slow combustion reaction). Humans also frequently die when submerged in water due to lack of oxygen - an event commonly referred to as "drowning". But somehow the person in the video has managed to stay submerged for a pretty long time and appears to be alive and well.
Any idea how this is possible? How on Earth (flat or otherwise) can it be that someone or something requiring oxygen continues to function in an environment that doesn't have readily available oxygen?

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I do have PADI certification and I can tell you that every time I've survived for more than a few minutes underwater I always had some strange contraption strapped to my back. Some sort of metallic cylindrical objects. Maybe this is a clue that will help us figure out this magical mysterious conundrum. Together. What do you say, pal?

you asked for my opinion and i gave my opinion, my opinion is that underwater conditions are not the same as vacuum conditions

This post was edited by card_sultan on Apr 26 2017 10:39am
Gold: 1,261.00
Apr 26 2017 11:10am
Quote (card_sultan @ Apr 26 2017 09:29am)

you asked for my opinion and i gave my opinion, my opinion is that underwater conditions are not the same as vacuum conditions

I completely agree with you there. But forget about vacuum for a second. Can fire burn under water?
Apr 26 2017 12:44pm
Quote (russian @ Apr 26 2017 07:10am)
I completely agree with you there. But forget about vacuum for a second. Can fire burn under water?

Idk if id call it "fire" but i know they do underwater welding all the time, and of course there that machine this guy invented that use a radio wave signal to separate the bounds of water that will essentially allow burning of the water, its pretty cool but sadly the Goverment will do its best to bury it in doubt. We need to burn oil, if people knew we could just burn water, holy chit.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Apr 26 2017 12:46pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 26 2017 01:37pm
Quote (tard_sultan @ Apr 26 2017 11:29am)
The extruding flames are a result of the exothermic reaction which cannot occur in a vacuum and therefore no thrust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxQdv4IO4DY

See the only difference is that you blind believe in the state religion, i see it's just bs your told to believe.

Low Earth Orbit is not space, this is why they have sent a man past low earth orbit since 1972 - because our method of travel past there is just sci fi fantasy.

Just because You dont understand people who dont blindly believe in the state religion like yourself, doesn't make what they are saying not true.

No matter how many times you post that video, you're not going to change reality. Combustion isn't taking place in a vacuum. It's taking place in a combustion chamber and exhausting to vacuum. This is "government propaganda," it's a sound understanding of engines and physics, both of which you lack.

Rockets work in a vacuum. No measure of retarded sources you throw at me is going to change reality.
Gold: Locked
Apr 26 2017 02:56pm
Quote (Santara @ Apr 26 2017 02:37pm)
No matter how many times you post that video, you're not going to change reality. Combustion isn't taking place in a vacuum. It's taking place in a combustion chamber and exhausting to vacuum. This is "government propaganda," it's a sound understanding of engines and physics, both of which you lack.

Rockets work in a vacuum. No measure of retarded sources you throw at me is going to change reality.

He just doesn't understand how combustion chambers work or that all of the necessary catalysts for the reaction are injected into them no need for there to be, say, an oxygen atmosphere; which is way too low of a concentration anyway and is diluted with other useless gases to feed a reaction that intense, that's why they use pressurized pure liquid oxygen tanks in liquid propellant rockets.

I didn't have to watch the video to tell whoever that conspiracy nut is wasn't able to procure the necessary means to simulate a liquid-propellant combustion chamber be it in a vacuum or otherwise. It's not something you can home brew

Try to understand: the pressure is astronomical in those chambers. Most of the R&D costs go into devising a way to contain it so that it all ejects out of the back in a controlled manner without simply exploding. Whether there's 1 or 0 atmospheres worth of pressure on the outside of them matters about as much to the rockets propulsion system as the pressure difference in the atmosphere from going up a flight of stairs matters to our bodies. It doesn't even notice the difference between a vacuum and sea level.

Edit: Just saw the video and got exactly what i was expecting. Some idiots dicking around with a vacuum chamber as if that has any bearing or relation to the conditions experienced by a rocket

This post was edited by DCSS on Apr 26 2017 03:13pm
Gold: 1,261.00
Apr 26 2017 03:06pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Apr 26 2017 11:44am)
Idk if id call it "fire" but i know they do underwater welding all the time, and of course there that machine this guy invented that use a radio wave signal to separate the bounds of water that will essentially allow burning of the water, its pretty cool but sadly the Goverment will do its best to bury it in doubt. We need to burn oil, if people knew we could just burn water, holy chit.

Yeah, electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen is nothing new and is done in every high school chemistry lab. I don't think anyone is trying to bury it.

But back on topic. You wouldn't call it "fire", you say. What do you call this?

Apr 26 2017 06:36pm
Quote (russian @ Apr 26 2017 11:06am)
Yeah, electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen is nothing new and is done in every high school chemistry lab. I don't think anyone is trying to bury it.

But back on topic. You wouldn't call it "fire", you say. What do you call this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SsSCtMSEbw

He was not using electrolysis - your comparison is just that, the Goverment trying to bury it by telling people a lie and describing it dishonestly, electrolysis is not a radio wave.

As for why not calling that fire - well fire is describes as Combustion in Air, so being as it's not in air, its not "fire".

This is why you think you can shift the goalposts, cause you really dont understand what words mean.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Apr 26 2017 06:49pm
Apr 26 2017 06:39pm
Quote (Santara @ Apr 26 2017 09:37am)

Your retarded theories about how you think combustion is possible in a vacuum are just that....and watching that joke video from Myth Busters shows me exactly your level of understanding.

It must suck being at the bottom of the mental ladder, i can see your point about " how can you doubt these mental giants?", so i really sympathized with your condition.

You're like that idiot friend you take to A David Blaine show who swears you're witnessing real magic, um ok.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Apr 26 2017 06:47pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 26 2017 07:18pm
Quote (tard_sultan @ Apr 26 2017 07:39pm)
Your retarded theories about how you think combustion is possible in a vacuum are just that....and watching that joke video from Myth Busters shows me exactly your level of understanding.

It must suck being at the bottom of the mental ladder, i can see your point about " how can you doubt these mental giants?", so i really sympathized with your condition.

You're like that idiot friend you take to A David Blaine show who swears you're witnessing real magic, um ok.

Looks like we need to start at the basics for you:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/rocket.htm

Rocket engines are, on the one hand, so simple that you can build and fly your own model rockets very inexpensively (see the links on the last page of the article for details). On the other hand, rocket engines (and their fuel systems) are so complicated that only three countries have actually ever put people in orbit. In this article, we will look at rocket engines to understand how they work, as well as to understand some of the complexity surrounding them.

When most people think about motors or engines, they think about rotation. For example, a reciprocating gasoline engine in a car produces rotational energy to drive the wheels. An electric motor produces rotational energy to drive a fan or spin a disk. A steam engine is used to do the same thing, as is a steam turbine and most gas turbines.

Rocket engines are fundamentally different. Rocket engines are reaction engines. The basic principle driving a rocket engine is the famous Newtonian principle that "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." A rocket engine is throwing mass in one direction and benefiting from the reaction that occurs in the other direction as a result.

This concept of "throwing mass and benefiting from the reaction" can be hard to grasp at first, because that does not seem to be what is happening. Rocket engines seem to be about flames and noise and pressure, not "throwing things." Let's look at a few examples to get a better picture of reality:

If you have ever shot a shotgun, especially a big 12-gauge shotgun, then you know that it has a lot of "kick." That is, when you shoot the gun it "kicks" your shoulder back with a great deal of force. That kick is a reaction. A shotgun is shooting about an ounce of metal in one direction at about 700 miles per hour, and your shoulder gets hit with the reaction. If you were wearing roller skates or standing on a skateboard when you shot the gun, then the gun would be acting like a rocket engine and you would react by rolling in the opposite direction.
If you have ever seen a big fire hose spraying water, you may have noticed that it takes a lot of strength to hold the hose (sometimes you will see two or three firefighters holding the hose). The hose is acting like a rocket engine. The hose is throwing water in one direction, and the firefighters are using their strength and weight to counteract the reaction. If they were to let go of the hose, it would thrash around with tremendous force. If the firefighters were all standing on skateboards, the hose would propel them backward at great speed!
When you blow up a balloon and let it go so that it flies all over the room before running out of air, you have created a rocket engine. In this case, what is being thrown is the air molecules inside the balloon. Many people believe that air molecules don't weigh anything, but they do (see the page on helium to get a better picture of the weight of air). When you throw them out the nozzle of a balloon, the rest of the balloon reacts in the opposite direction.
Gold: Locked
Apr 26 2017 07:51pm
eh i already tried to simplify it for him and he ignored me you think hes going to read that wall of text
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1118119120121122174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll