d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Tactical Manual To Changing The World > Founder Of The Swedish Pirate Party
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jul 22 2015 04:13pm
Quote (doomchaser @ Jul 22 2015 05:02pm)
Who wants to be a radical? I think you talking of terrorist ..they need to hide so of course they don't announce themselves lol.. These people don't need to hide, Not cowards like a terrorist is..

Radicals who resort to violence are nihilist who do not actually hope to accomplish anything except self-destruction.

There are Rules for Radicals out there for those interested ;)

Quote (Master_Zappy @ Jul 22 2015 05:04pm)
radical is just a minimizing label for someone who expresses thoughts and beliefs outside the mainstream. If one wishes to change society the spread of idea's almost requires one to form parties if you want to change the system within the system, so I disagree with your post. Radical is what you call a person who has a non popular viewpoint, but you dont want to actually address the merits for better or for worse of what their point is.

radical, leftist or righty, kook , conspiratorial , "fans" ,extreme or extremist , all ad hom's that dismissively attack ones character without having to dirty ones thoughts with critical thinking and examinations of the facts/views presented.

I consider myself a political radical, especially within the system I'm operating in.

Look, at my agency now, me and a couple peers sit around and try to figure out ways to simply frame facts to make welfare sorts of stuff attractive to our conservative voting base here. It is our "families" element of education. We target youth and policy makers too. One of us even gets into public schools to speak ;)

Radicals who hope to accomplish anything they wish to need to cut their hair, get a suit, get some little letters after their name and some authority, and get to work. And follow the Rules.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 22 2015 04:17pm
Gold: 159.02
Jul 22 2015 04:16pm
Quote (Skinned @ 22 Jul 2015 16:13)
Radicals who hope to accomplish anything they wish to need to cut their hair

never
Gold: 5,635.83
Jul 22 2015 04:21pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 22 2015 03:13pm)
Radicals who resort to violence are nihilist who do not actually hope to accomplish anything except self-destruction.

There are Rules for Radicals out there for those interested ;)

Rules for radicals? lmao I just want to be myself.. Not afraid to state a opposing opinion, to a group of people.. If they call me radical for my opinion. is it I , that is Radical? or everyone else for naming me such a thing? Like a bunch of pod people pointing at the last human..
Gold: 159.02
Jul 22 2015 04:37pm
the definition of radical doesn't really matter. it's just news-speak
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jul 22 2015 05:35pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 23 2015 01:13am)

been reading Dostoyevsky?

Gold: 285.00
Jul 22 2015 05:42pm
Quote (Gastly @ Jul 22 2015 06:35pm)
been reading Dostoyevsky?

Alinsky. But did read Notes from the Underground and reflipped through parts of Crime and Punishment for an assignment in a Grief class last semester :thumbsup: I got an A- and the professor thought it was a really weird essay. I talked about SK and FN in it and compared their opinions about the postmodern condition.

But I'm talking about Saul Alinsky, the Father of Community Organization, and author of Reveille for Radicals and Rules for Radicals.

I've been laying Easter Eggs, and the part about those resorting to violence being nihilistic people who've thrown in the towel is pretty much a direct quote from the book. The guy is a big deal in macro social work, up there with Jane Addams herself.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 22 2015 05:43pm
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jul 22 2015 06:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 23 2015 02:42am)
I've been laying Easter Eggs, and the part about those resorting to violence being nihilistic people who've thrown in the towel is pretty much a direct quote from the book. The guy is a big deal in macro social work, up there with Jane Addams herself.

blah, the only ones i've gotten recently are Zizek
Dostoyevsky was very much inspired to write by the nihilist anarchists of Russia at the time, especially so in Demons. the nihilist anarchist movement really sheds light on what Dostoyevsky was writing about/against.

i think i'll read Alinsky now that you mentioned him though. been digging into sociology with Bauman and Bourdieu anyways

This post was edited by Gastly on Jul 22 2015 06:46pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll