d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > If Someone Has A Curable Illness But They Cant > Afford Treatment, Do You Let Them Die
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 20 2015 06:55pm
Quote (Diablokgb @ Jul 20 2015 07:35pm)
Also they anticipate lawsuits for users who get those rare side effects. They set a few billion aside because they know like 1 in every 1,000 will have a dangerous side effect. I see it all the time drugs get commercialized on television and then like 5-10 years later there is a law firm advertising that if you were effected by this drug you are entitled to financial compensation.

hmm, new plan - take lots of pharmaceuticals and get a good lawyer.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 20 2015 07:08pm
So, Obamacare mandates health coverage to every citizen of the USA and the TPP loosens government regulations regarding pharmaceutical pricing. It sounds like they're removing the insurance company's liability while retaining them as an entity. I am dependent on my drugs, which for me raises an interesting question: Does the synthesis of pharmaceuticals exhaust scarce or common resources?

Is this the same as the water paradox, how can something we have taken for granted for so long suddenly become so scarce that we no longer have a right to it?
Gold: 633.87
Jul 21 2015 04:43pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 05:12pm)
I'm fine with bringing legitimatecapital and jobs to the peopleof the developing worlds.....see the difference in our sentences? The corporations which settle in the low labor cost nations like Malaysia for instance are bringing capital only to the owners of those factories who....wait for it...are shell companies for American corporations. yes lots of capital. The labor is supplied by slaves and indigent workers who are starving and willing to work for food.

What I am for instead of further enabling corporations to exploit the poor and country-less humans of third world nations the building and maintaining of start-up employee owned businesses with charitable donations and low interest to 0% business loans that can bolster their economy.

No Everything is not about free trade there is so much Bad stuff that it's hard to list it all. International Banking Laws that will allow Mega Banks to write new laws to circumvent the laws that cover any one nation. The Patent laws which we've been touching on in here a bit.

one thing I'd like to high light is that with the TPP passed there will be a board of Corporate advisers and lawyers who will answer to nobody but themselves and whoever owns them. they will form a Tribunal that will control 40% of the world's GDP That's just way too much power it seems to me.

I can go on, I linked earlier a good site that covers the Bad that is looming on our Horizon,

The vast majority of workers in China, Vietnam, and Malaysia are not slaves. They willingly gave up a wretched subsistence farming lifestyle on tiny plots of land to search for factory jobs in the city.

You are 100% in favor of sending them back to the farm.

You have a choice, right now you're siding against the poor.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 21 2015 05:12pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 21 Jul 2015 17:43)
The vast majority of workers in China, Vietnam, and Malaysia are not slaves. They willingly gave up a wretched subsistence farming lifestyle on tiny plots of land to search for factory jobs in the city.

You are 100% in favor of sending them back to the farm.

You have a choice, right now you're siding against the poor.

Bullshit Your siding with the corporation the Poor are going to remain poor and hungry, Vietnam, and Malaysia are both known for using slave labor that and a wretched indentured servant practice that might as well be considered slavery

Oh Bogie..I'm tired and going t bed but I will provide facts when the rooster crows.
Gold: 633.87
Jul 21 2015 05:26pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 21 2015 06:12pm)
Bullshit Your siding with the corporation the Poor are going to remain poor and hungry, Vietnam, and Malaysia are both known for using slave labor that and a wretched indentured servant practice that might as well be considered slavery

Oh Bogie..I'm tired and going t bed but I will provide facts when the rooster crows.

Hundreds of millions have been dragged out of poverty by... 1) opening markets to foreign capital, 2) workers leaving the countryside and taking export-based manufacturing jobs.

China is a living refutation of your argument; the last thirty years is a damning indictment of anti-globalist thought.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jul 21 2015 05:28pm
Gold: 159.02
Jul 21 2015 05:32pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 21 Jul 2015 17:26)
Hundreds of millions have been dragged out of poverty by... 1) opening markets to foreign capital, 2) workers leaving the countryside and taking export-based manufacturing jobs.

China is a living refutation of your argument; the last thirty years is a damning indictment of anti-globalist thought.

china is a world leader in the suicide net industry and should be respected.
Gold: 129.89
Jul 22 2015 03:18pm
Quote (XxAdrielJeremiahGreebxX @ Jul 19 2015 01:48am)
?????

considering illegal aliens get free health care, I doubt it
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 22 2015 08:21pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ Jul 20 2015 05:18am)
I would not expect to find a wife willing to have kids with a guy who calculate the value of life in dollar

Unfortunately, that's reality. Your government does it, my government does it, and so does Sweden.
Gold: 7,371.00
Jul 22 2015 08:22pm
Quote (Comus @ Jul 20 2015 06:08pm)
So, Obamacare mandates health coverage to every citizen of the USA and the TPP loosens government regulations regarding pharmaceutical pricing. It sounds like they're removing the insurance company's liability while retaining them as an entity. I am dependent on my drugs, which for me raises an interesting question: Does the synthesis of pharmaceuticals exhaust scarce or common resources?

Is this the same as the water paradox, how can something we have taken for granted for so long suddenly become so scarce that we no longer have a right to it?

The sad part not a lot of people see the macro connection and through doublespeak we are moving more and more towards corporations usurping more public wealth and leaving rich nations like the US and others in massive debt.

When policies are passed you need to ask yourself who is making money here? Big pharmaceuticals, and industries that make up the medical field are going to make out like bandits considering now that their market share has increased from a % of population that had insurance to forcing the whole population to pay into the medical system.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll