d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gay Man Sues God's Word > For 70million
Prev123418Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,203.86
Jul 16 2015 09:30am
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 16 2015 11:29am)
How did you "come across" a story this old without searching for specific key words/phrases?

Anyway, since posting this, the man has become a Mormon and renounced his homosexual life style.

probably fell victim to facebook click bait
Gold: 17,400.00
Jul 16 2015 09:37am
funny if bible was rewritted to avoid shit like this :rofl:
Gold: 0.76
Jul 16 2015 10:23am
Quote (Mattd90 @ 16 Jul 2015 10:22)
I hope he takes the company to court, loses, then pays out the ass in lawyer fees for being so stupid.

edit: Posted 7/9/2008 6:40 PM

Shit man I saw the blurb here

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/homosexualagenda/index?more=11797913

and then bing'ed the key words with a week specifier for a filter

there was a shitload of links but most were unknown sources so I just picked USA today

My fuck-up on this one I apologize guys..

I did catch this cringeworthy bit of news that comes from my great state.

kip to comments.
Flags to fly less than half-staff over gay marriage ruling
Thesalemnewsonline.com ^ | 07-13-2015 | Andrew Sheeley

Posted on 7/13/2015, 4:16:24 PM by Currentriverrat

The Dent County Commission voted unanimously Monday to observe one year of "mourning” over the Supreme Court’s June 26 decision that gay couples have the constitutional right to marriage.

The observance will come in the form of lowering the flags at the Dent County Courthouse and Judicial Building to below half-staff on the 26th day of the month from July 2015 to June 2016.

The vote came after Presiding Commissioner Darrell Skiles filed a letter into the public record protesting, “the U.S. high court’s stamp of approval of what God speaks of as an abomination.”

The letter details Skiles’ opposition to gay marriage and proposes lowering of the flags so “all who see these flags at this lowered position be reminded of this despicable Supreme Court travesty,” he wrote.

Joining Skiles in the unanimous vote were commissioners Gary Larson and Dennis Purcell.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 16 2015 10:33am
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Jul 2015 10:17)
Give it a few years and liberal atheists will be supporting this type of argument.

I'd never support such a blatant assault on free speech.

Also, look at the ACLU. They've defended Nazis, Rush Limbaugh, and etc all in the name of free speech. The very hardcore liberals have their principles in check about the first amendment.
Gold: 152.00
Jul 16 2015 10:47am
People are so damn sensitive.

Quote (IceMage @ Jul 16 2015 11:17am)
Give it a few years and liberal atheists will be supporting this type of argument.

This that hyperbole you were referring to?

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jul 16 2015 10:48am
Gold: 0.20
Jul 16 2015 10:54am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jul 16 2015 10:18am)
for the right amount of fg i'll support it right now

How much?
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 16 2015 11:03am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 16 2015 11:33am)
I'd never support such a blatant assault on free speech.

Also, look at the ACLU. They've defended Nazis, Rush Limbaugh, and etc all in the name of free speech. The very hardcore liberals have their principles in check about the first amendment.

...unless it's Christians. There's a reason some people derisively call them the anti-Christian litigation union.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 16 2015 11:16am
Quote (Voyaging @ Jul 16 2015 11:47am)
This that hyperbole you were referring to?

Not hyperbole. Slowly liberals will begin to think Christian doctrine is hate speech that causes harm to society, and thus it should be regulated. Give it time.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 16 2015 11:16am
Quote (Santara @ 16 Jul 2015 12:03)
...unless it's Christians. There's a reason some people derisively call them the anti-Christian litigation union.

ACLU Fights For Christian Denied TN Scholarship For Attending Worship Sevice During Mandatory Meeting

ACLU Wins Right Of Christian to Read Bible in TN Public School

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District

ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech

ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School

ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School

ACLU Fights For Christian Inmate's Right to Preach

ACLU of Northern California Fights Law that Got Quakers Fired Over Loyalty Oath

ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter

ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property

ACLU Defends Christians Protesting Gay Rights in Florida

ACLU Champions Religious Freedom Of Mormon College Student

ACLU Fights for Christian Church's Mission to Feed the Poor

ACLU Fights for Christmas Tree

ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays

ACLU of Georgia and Baptist Church File Religious Discrimination Lawsuit

ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services

ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program

ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing "Awesome God" at Talent Show

After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries

ACLU Helps Free New Mexico Street Preacher From Prison

ACLU of WA Wins Right of Christian Minister to Preach in Spokane Plaza

ACLU Fights for Baptist Preacher in Illinois

ACLU Defends Rights of Christian Group to Make Religious Protest at Funerals

ACLU Backs Christian Abortion Protester in Ohio

ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players

ACLU Backs Missouri Nurse Penalized for Wearing Cross-Shaped Lapel Pin

ACLU Defends Christian Street Preacher in Las Vegas

ACLU Argues for Legal Recognition of Small Christian Church

ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages

ACLU of Nebraska Defends Church Facing Eviction by the City of Lincoln

ACLU Defends Church's Right to Run "Anti-Santa" Ads in Boston Subways

ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks

ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery

ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School

ACLU Argument In Support of the Display of a Christian Cross in a Public Forum

ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job

ACLU Defends Free Speech Rights of Christians And Others On Main Street Plaza

ACLU Defends Prisoner's Rosary Beads

ACLU Defends Christian Group's Anti-Abortion Ads On Phoenix Buses

ACLU Pledges to Back Church in a Zoning Battle

ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church

ACLU Offers To Represent Private Prayer on Public Property and

ACLU Joins Falwell To Fight For Church Incorporation Rights

This is a sampling I was going to just post the link but I figured nobody would actually read it so..

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/ :blush: then i forget to post the link too all these are linked to sources

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Jul 16 2015 11:19am
Gold: 109.01
Jul 16 2015 11:19am
he can be allowed to sue God's word once he can properly serve the defendant. :thumbsup:

(and lets pretend the freedom of speech isnt applicable)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123418Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll