d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Chaos/baal Runs Question. > Chaos Run/ball W/ Exp Shrine
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2015 07:24am
So I don't run a bot and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck as far as experience in runs. Currently my formula is to

1) Join cbaal runs

2) Find exp shrine before chaos party reaches the star

3) leave a Tp where the exp shrine is

4) Get what exp I can from the remainder of the chaos run. Usually I find the exp shrine before the first seal is opened

5) Go back and grab exp shrine for Minions/Baal

I am doing this at level 91 currently and was curious if the time it takes for the chaos run is worth it vs just doing straight Baal runs at quicker pace.

So basically it comes down to this

3/4 chaos run/Baal run(exp shrine for Baal portion) vs Straight Baal runs without an exp shrine.

I'm recording numbers on my own but I'm curious if someone else has already done it.

Thanks!
Gold: 165.00
Jul 15 2015 07:36pm
Best way to do it is run baal while the bots run cs in a cbaal game. Depending on what char u are and how fast you can clear go right to ws2 when u join game. Clear the unique & champiom mobs in ws2&3 then go to throne. Do waves solo, and in between waves (especially after w3) tele around throne and look for more unique/champion mobs that are in the 4x corners or the middle before the main waves room.

Solo kill baal, then tp and go to cs. If any seals are left take down the seal bosses unpartied. If you hit hard enough (light sorc/cs zon) kill baal unpartied to try to steal the xp.

After diablo when the bots go to tele throne go and kill nith.

This the best way to do it imo
Gold: 0.00
Jul 16 2015 07:16am
That's a great tactic. Unfortunately I'm not sure a BvA will be able to hit hard enough. Maybe I could try it with double botd? Repairing grief/beast would be a nightmare.

Also do you stay unpartied the whole time? Or just when killing Baal?

This post was edited by Psychomang on Jul 16 2015 07:18am
Gold: 165.00
Jul 17 2015 09:17am
Quote (Psychomang @ Jul 16 2015 09:16am)
That's a great tactic. Unfortunately I'm not sure a BvA will be able to hit hard enough. Maybe I could try it with double botd? Repairing grief/beast would be a nightmare.

Also do you stay unpartied the whole time? Or just when killing Baal?

Unpartied the whole time. If you are a barb might be more difficult for you and id just tele right to throne when game starts, do waves and mob in between like i mentioned, then kill baal. After that go to cs and finish any seals unpartied then party up for the Diablo kill. Then after D is dead go do nith while bots waste time trying to tele throne etc

If you plan to go to 98/99, after you hit 97 you want to make sure ur gettin solo baal/nith/D exp. Id do baal, then do nith, then finish off seals and hostile the bots after you pop the last seal. I believe this still gives you D exp as if there are 5 ppl in game b/c you spawned before they left but I'm not 100% on that.

For 98-99 you could also find a shrine first thing and leave it. Then tele right to baal, do waves and then when baal enters chamber go back grab the shrine (don't tp after u get shrine tho tele back to nearest wp and go to a5, take your baal tp). Then kill baal shrined (hope that u kill him fast b4 he curses over your shrine), then do nith and then D. if you lose the shrine and theres still alot of time you could try to get another before you kill nith and get D

This post was edited by mike14e on Jul 17 2015 09:32am
Gold: 1,326.00
Jul 17 2015 11:43pm
If I were you, I'd just join Cbaals and run full cs and baal. At 91, you get plenty of exp from just running the waves and the bosses without top2/solo D. You don't need to do Nihl/Top2/D until you're 97+. That's when you'd really see the difference it makes, but at that low of a level (91), it's almost pointless to do. Just stick with baals or cbaals or w/e
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll