d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trans-pacific Partnership > T P P
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jun 28 2015 09:48am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 27 2015 04:04pm)
Now when they ship your Job overseas, you'll have to smile because it's a good thing for the economy, just not yours though.

I'm pretty sure health care is the only industry that is actually (in real life not just according to economists) growing, because those jobs aren't easily outsourced.

To get around this, I predict, the Capitalist class will continue In-sourcing work like they're doing with illegal Mexican immigrants providing the cheap labor they do for so many things across the nation...but this will actually become a different legal class....since laws are basically constructed for the powerful by the powerful, what this will do, is essentially give somebody in a much less developed nation the "opportunity" to come work in the United States for similar wages that they would have worked for in their home nation. So instead of having things put together by wage-slavery and sweatshops, we can just move those things here in the case of nursing, health care aides, lab techs, etc, etc, because the market is always right.

This will probably be a development as me move farther away from Democracy and more into (Authoritarian by definition) Capitalism.

Gold: 0.76
Jun 28 2015 10:10am
Quote (Skinned @ 28 Jun 2015 10:48)
I'm pretty sure health care is the only industry that is actually (in real life not just according to economists) growing, because those jobs aren't easily outsourced.

To get around this, I predict, the Capitalist class will continue In-sourcing work like they're doing with illegal Mexican immigrants providing the cheap labor they do for so many things across the nation...but this will actually become a different legal class....since laws are basically constructed for the powerful by the powerful, what this will do, is essentially give somebody in a much less developed nation the "opportunity" to come work in the United States for similar wages that they would have worked for in their home nation. So instead of having things put together by wage-slavery and sweatshops, we can just move those things here in the case of nursing, health care aides, lab techs, etc, etc, because the market is always right.

This will probably be a development as me move farther away from Democracy and more into (Authoritarian by definition) Capitalism.

Once De-Regulation takes place and price floors are demolished, all in the name of business. Then I can see the profitability of producing the product near the customer. But sooner or later with this theory the cycle does not perpetuate and the consumer base will dry up.
Gold: 633.87
Jun 28 2015 10:41am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 28 2015 10:48am)

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jun 28 2015 11:10am)
Once De-Regulation takes place and price floors are demolished, all in the name of business. Then I can see the profitability of producing the product near the customer. But sooner or later with this theory the cycle does not perpetuate and the consumer base will dry up.

This is getting embarrassing. We are far wealthier now than in the union paradise of the 50-60s. It's refreshing to see someone admit when they were wrong.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 28 2015 10:47am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 28 2015 11:41am)
This is getting embarrassing. We are far wealthier now than in the union paradise of the 50-60s. It's refreshing to see someone admit when they were wrong.

Who is richer? Certainly not the Middle Class. You've been living in Canada too long, the cold has gotten to you.

The Middle Class has been destroyed, primarily in the name of Free Trade and profits for the top.

All the wealth in the middle has been funneled up.
Gold: 633.87
Jun 28 2015 07:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 28 2015 11:47am)
Who is richer? Certainly not the Middle Class. You've been living in Canada too long, the cold has gotten to you.

The Middle Class has been destroyed, primarily in the name of Free Trade and profits for the top.

The middle class has gained since Reagan took office, and it's far wealthier than during the Eisenhower and Kennedy years.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/08/22/the-lost-decade-of-the-middle-class/

We aren't getting into the plummeting cost of technology, which has brought ease and luxury into the mainstream.

It's true, unskilled workers have lost out, but this a world better for most instead of worse for all.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jun 28 2015 07:50pm
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 28 2015 08:03pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 28 2015 08:48am)

Interesting theory, it's certainly plausible. It's already happening to an extent, look at how many Indian and Chinese we have in the healthcare and IT industries both in Canada and US. We surely have imported much human capital in the recent years.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 28 2015 09:40pm
I called my congressmen to voice my support for the TPP and you should do the same.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2015 04:39am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 28 2015 11:47am)

Its not that cold here. Unless you live in Alberta or yellowknife. Lol good luck to u then.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll