d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Sunday Prayers/worship > Which Would You Rather Hear About?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2015 08:31am
Enjoyed meeting and writing about the quakers so much last week I think I am definitely going to go to another prayer meeting/sunday worship/whatever this weekend.

Here's the thread I made about the Quaker meeting I went to if anyone wants to read it - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72843065&f=119

From the last thread these seemed to be the most popular ideas so I thought i should ask a vote - Which would you rather hear about? Where should I go tomorrow? The Mormon church or the Methodist Church?

e/ messed up my christian denominations - Kingdom hall is Johos... That might be a tough one to do.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jun 27 2015 08:41am
Gold: 2,979.69
Jun 27 2015 08:38am
don't know much about them but

mormons are chiller
methodist more rigid?

depends on mood imo
both sound good and bad
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 27 2015 09:35am
I'd like the next fictional account to be an interaction with radical Muslims. Make it happen.
Gold: 0.76
Jun 27 2015 09:53am
Hah I voted LDS afer suggesting Methodist..but I've never experienced a Mormon service so that would be interesting.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 27 2015 09:53am
I'd rather you tell us about how you sung the secret song to get into imagination land and then helped Jesus and Santa fight off the hoards of imaginary monsters that all the children of the Earth created, like in that South Park episode.
Gold: 159.02
Jun 27 2015 09:57am
scaly walks into the church of latter day saints

that's it, that's the joke
Jun 27 2015 10:10am

Quote (Skinned @ 27 Jun 2015 15:53)
I'd rather you tell us about how you sung the secret song to get into imagination land and then helped Jesus and Santa fight off the hoards of imaginary monsters that all the children of the Earth created, like in that South Park episode.

Quote (IceMage @ 27 Jun 2015 15:35)
I'd like the next fictional account to be an interaction with radical Muslims. Make it happen.

Dunno why you think it sounds so unbelievable... Not like I wrote anything groundbreaking, crazy or even ideologically motivated in the last thread. It was just as impartial an account of what I saw, did and felt as I could manage.

I'll see if I can get hold of a camera and take a few pics if you really think it's doubtworthy that I would do something as normal as sit in on a sunday service.

Quote (Devil_kin @ 27 Jun 2015 15:57)
scaly walks into the church of latter day saints

that's it, that's the joke

Gonna do it by the looks of the poll so far. I imagine I'll get some odd looks and comments as all Mormons seem to dress in suits and I don't even own one.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 27 2015 10:13am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 27 2015 11:10am)
Dunno why you think it sounds so unbelievable... Not like I wrote anything groundbreaking, crazy or even ideologically motivated in the last thread. It was just as impartial an account of what I saw, did and felt as I could manage.

I'll see if I can get hold of a camera and take a few pics if you really think it's doubtworthy that I would do something as normal as sit in on a sunday service.

Gonna do it by the looks of the poll so far. I imagine I'll get some odd looks and comments as all Mormons seem to dress in suits and I don't even own one.

Church is boring, which is why I don't go. I would must rather read about the story I posted.

And I don't doubt you're doing this, anybody could do this. Anybody taking a sociology class typically has to do something like this. If you're really interested in how groups operate and what people do, when maybe you should seek higher education in that area :) It seems like you're already doing the homework.

I always encourage everybody to do that though, so it is a blanket statement.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 27 2015 10:14am
Jun 27 2015 10:19am
Quote (Skinned @ 27 Jun 2015 16:13)
Church is boring, which is why I don't go. I would must rather read about the story I posted.

And I don't doubt you're doing this, anybody could do this. Anybody taking a sociology class typically has to do something like this. If you're really interested in how groups operate and what people do, when maybe you should seek higher education in that area :) It seems like you're already doing the homework.

I always encourage everybody to do that though, so it is a blanket statement.

The problem with that is that is that I'm already studying bio... it's a lot of time to sink into something that has literally no career prospects that I would be interested in that I can think of... What subject would I even study if I wanted to observe different religious practices? and how would that translate into a career? A once a week sit in and write about what I've seen seems enough for me at the moment unless I can think of something that would be an interesting field of work.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jun 27 2015 10:24am
Gold: 0.76
Jun 27 2015 10:23am
Quote (Scaly @ 27 Jun 2015 11:10)

The murican ones I've seen all wear black slacks white shirt and black suspenders or at least the evangelists on bikes do.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll