d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Witcher 3 Question
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Jun 25 2015 05:33pm
i keep hearing/reading that the character movement and combat in this game is clunky as fuck to say the least.
is this true? is it game breaking?
i'm still on the fence about whether i want to buy the game or not.
what's been your experience with the game thus far?
Gold: Locked
Jun 25 2015 06:27pm
Quote (LifeStory @ 26 Jun 2015 01:33)
i keep hearing/reading that the character movement and combat in this game is clunky as fuck to say the least.
is this true? is it game breaking?
i'm still on the fence about whether i want to buy the game or not.
what's been your experience with the game thus far?

Rent it imo
Has lot of fans but nobody i know finished it.
All stopped playing it somehow
Gold: 352.00
Jun 25 2015 06:30pm
game feels fine to me
Gold: 45.00
Jun 25 2015 07:10pm
The game controls are one of the best I ever played, the horse in town is terrible though. It's faster to just run in any major city.
As far as combat goes, the dodge/roll mechanics are very precise and smooth, along with counter attack timing and throwing bombs.
I would highly recommend the gane to anyone that likes a free roam RPG, it's by far the best one I ever played (and I think I played them all).
I also almost finished the game, that includes all the side quests and undiscovered locations, of which there is a few hundred. Saved the main story for last for the most part. I would have been done a while ago but I got into the in-game card game they call Gwent. In which just about every person of importance or merchant/smith gives u the option to challenge them to a card match. I avoided it at first but as Gwent side quests started to pile up i decided to give it a shot, and it is simple but entertaining.
I'm most of all impressed by how interesting every NPC abd quest giver is. I'm usually in a big hurry to complete my games, but with this one I find myself taking the time to listen to what everybody has to say.
The game all in all has a very dark theme and things rarly work out well for those involved lol
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 25 2015 07:26pm
Quote (Babatelli @ Jun 25 2015 07:27pm)
Rent it imo
Has lot of fans but nobody i know finished it.
All stopped playing it somehow

i know a guy that beat it
i think mostly not a lot of people beating it goes to show how big the game is :lol:

i mean look thers a 54 page thread in the jsp "hockey" section :lol: i thin ktis not so active here anymore becasue a lot of us got ESO and are playing that atm
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72616159&f=203

i think the game was awsome im saving it for when im bored of eso so i got a long quality game to hold me off for a while til a new one comes out ^^

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 25 2015 07:32pm
Gold: 270.56
Jun 26 2015 12:12am
Playing it on pc, but with a 360 controller. No problems really with controls. As for folks not finishing, the game is massive. On a scale that seems (to me) to dwarf other open world rpgs. I play when I can off work or weekends. And the side missions aren't all filler. They actually have stories, choices, consequences, etc. If open world rpgs are your thing, I highly recommend at least putting a few hours of honest play.
Gold: 882.00
Jun 26 2015 03:22am
ive put about 2 or 3 hours into it. i am having a hard time getting into it. this is the one time i have regretted buying a game digitally because i kinda want to return it. the combat feels weird, like sometimes i will swing at enemies and miss them completely despite my animation landing right on them. this is incredibly frustrating when i want to play on the highest difficulty and you die very easily and each hit you try to make counts.
Gold: 5.01
Jun 26 2015 04:19am
I'm on the fence. I heard it's quite good, but that the controls are subpar when compared to other games.
For example, I'm 100% in love with how Bloodborne is controlled, and a few friends of mine that is also fans of Bloodborne's controls just say that Witcher 3 is unplayable if you're used to BB mechanics.
Slow, clunky and just not as responsive as BB's, and for that reason I am just going to borrow it from a friend when she finishes it (I hope she doesn't return it after she beats it this weekend tho :/)
Gold: 160,818.52
Trader: Trusted
Jun 26 2015 08:33am
This Is the first game i play on my ps4, picked it up 4-5 days ago, already have 40++ hours in and simply loving it. Yes the controls can be a bit chunky at the beginning but once you get used to it ur fine.
The horse is really annoying in towns or villages thats true, walk instead. :D

But the massive free roaming world you get and the story worth every penny. I do not regret getting the game. In fact when i finish im gonna play it again with different build on the hardest difficulty.

This post was edited by Namechange on Jun 26 2015 08:33am
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 26 2015 08:43am
Quote (Namechange @ Jun 26 2015 09:33am)
This Is the first game i play on my ps4, picked it up 4-5 days ago, already have 40++ hours in and simply loving it. Yes the controls can be a bit chunky at the beginning but once you get used to it ur fine.
The horse is really annoying in towns or villages thats true, walk instead. :D

But the massive free roaming world you get and the story worth every penny. I do not regret getting the game. In fact when i finish im gonna play it again with different build on the hardest difficulty.

and you can trust him
Trader: Trusted
:P
Go Back To Sony Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll