d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > June 23rd Patch Feedback Thread > About Dps Being Too High
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Jun 24 2015 09:22am
-> https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Raw-DPS-too-high-June-23rd-patch-feedback/first#post5202840

My threads in the official forum generally get dev response
If you care to support this thread, it is much appreciated
Gold: 22.00
Jun 24 2015 08:55pm
pvp went from one extreme to the other. i'm really, really, really happy to see full defense/bunker builds get fucked to oblivion, as well as celestial seeming to be less effective, but time will tell if this is any better or just as bad.

scaling is a novel idea but needs some adjustments.

as far as the traits, they are cool. less options and combined traits feels like it makes much more sense. many options for party heals, the monk void is still not filled, but i'm interested in seeing what kind of team builds this can bring.

last nail in the coffin for boon duration due to no boost from traits, really sour about that.

also, changing the stats on ascended sounds amazing, though i have yet to try it or see how costly it is.

hero points/training - anything is better than the mess of a skill/trait unlock system that was in place before.

all in all, they are great changes that obviously need some fine-tuning, mostly talking about pvp. /e but ffs i never want to see condi tank anything ever again.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jun 24 2015 08:56pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2015 09:09pm
Quote (Wretch @ Jun 24 2015 09:55pm)

also, changing the stats on ascended sounds amazing, though i have yet to try it or see how costly it is.

it's fairly cheap 5 ectos, 1 exotic insignia/inscription (stats you want to change to), 10 spirit shards (for the item) and the ascended thing you want to change
Jun 24 2015 10:41pm
Yeah I agree Wretch
Everything is a good change actually
The only problem is this randomly high ass DPS increase
As much as I am enjoying it actually... the better gamer side of me that notices balance, can't help to think: "what the fuck is the reason to use anything outside of berserker?"
And that just isn't healthy for the game in the long run

All they need to do is slightly turn down this DPS increase and slightly turn up the condi base nerf
If they did this, everything would be well balanced actually

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jun 24 2015 10:41pm
Gold: 277.00
Jun 25 2015 12:38am
Sure the new traits are cool and all, but I think they did a shit job balancing them.

Thief is actually in a pitiful state right now for PvP. They're even glassier than before. I don't think I've encountered a single thief that lived to tell the tale after their burst (if they even got that off).

Condi damage is bullshit...as always...even more so now.

JP was fun.

Batman; Arkham Knight is hella fun!
Gold: 68.00
Jun 25 2015 08:25am
It feels like they pulled a WoW, with every expansion balancing is completely nulled thx to the oh so great pre patch which makes everyone OP. Pretty funny actually cuz I did not expect that to happen in GW2 but I suppose it's a rule of MMOs.

I hate thief changes.
Jun 25 2015 12:42pm
Three days in I can say that it's worse off than I had previously thought.
I simply cannot bring myself to list the enormous amount of gross errors in this patch. There are too many to mention.
If they don't do something to correct it soon, I'm finding a new game to play.
I really have had enough of a-net's sloppy half-assed demeanor this time around.

Like seriously, you could pull 5 guys off the fucking street and do a better job of balancing a game than the arena-net team.
That is no embellishment.
Gold: 277.00
Jun 25 2015 02:36pm
Quote (LordRukia @ Jun 25 2015 09:25am)
It feels like they pulled a WoW, with every expansion balancing is completely nulled thx to the oh so great pre patch which makes everyone OP. Pretty funny actually cuz I did not expect that to happen in GW2 but I suppose it's a rule of MMOs.

I hate thief changes.

Well, it's been obvious for years that nobody in ANet actually mains thief, amongst the people that make balance change decisions. So, they balance the class strictly based strictly upon catering to the whining kids in that cesspool of theirs, called the "official forum".

If there was even one person who mained thief amongst them, they could have easily pointed out how some of the changes were downright idiotic...that didn't take into account all aspects of the class while "balancing".

Quote (TSBoyer @ Jun 25 2015 01:42pm)
Three days in I can say that it's worse off than I had previously thought.
I simply cannot bring myself to list the enormous amount of gross errors in this patch. There are too many to mention.
If they don't do something to correct it soon, I'm finding a new game to play.
I really have had enough of a-net's sloppy half-assed demeanor this time around.

Like seriously, you could pull 5 guys off the fucking street and do a better job of balancing a game than the arena-net team.
That is no embellishment.

The sad part is...I knew all of this before the patch was even implemented.

I've been talking about how garbage the balance team is for years now, and how this patch will completely wreck balance and PvE damage the first time they started talking about the changes.

Condi damage should NEVER have been on par with physical damage to start with in the first place. It should have been a supplement to physical damage, not the same thing. However, as we've seen time and time again, the new ANet enjoys catering to whining children from their cesspool.

Also, I stand by my initial comment on how "slow" is a complete bullshit condi as well, in its current state.

This post was edited by Kurow on Jun 25 2015 02:37pm
Gold: 2,014.00
Jun 27 2015 03:39pm
Quote (LordRukia @ Jun 25 2015 09:25am)

I hate thief changes.

You didn't expect it to happen with Anet's extensive history with GW1 and bringing out expansions and skills so over powered and meta that you pretty much had to buy the expansion to match that competitive advantage?

Really?
Gold: 68.00
Jun 27 2015 10:08pm
Quote (Motoko @ Jun 27 2015 02:39pm)
You didn't expect it to happen with Anet's extensive history with GW1 and bringing out expansions and skills so over powered and meta that you pretty much had to buy the expansion to match that competitive advantage?

Really?

Well ANet didn't release any major changes for 3 years, so yeah.... get butthurt more faggot I'll suck your dick so hard you'll be even gayer than you are now
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll