d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Grinding Levels Through Catacombs > Hardcore Adventure Blog
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.74
Jun 21 2015 02:37pm
I decided to start something like a blog where I can record some of the levels, items that I find and also impressions about the game.
Been playing for few days, half hour or even more depending on the free time and on the interest of playing it and I find it as being a pretty solid game, with lot of interesting things and with plenty more to discover still.
Now I feel like I need someone with experience to guide me on how to build a barbarian character and how to gear it up. Need just the tips to follow as I am not in a hurry, just that I want to go on the right path slow but steady.

- For abilities I have Knockdown and Retribution and now that I just got level 10 I need to pick the 3rd one and Healrage should be the last I choose? I don't have used the heal charm yet, having it equipped still.
- Until what level do I need to place points into Vitality?
- How come none of the items I have placed on Marketplace haven't sold by now? Have to wait until someone bid on them or I get an offer via private message?
- And last but not least, how many days/weeks do you need for reaching final level, 71?

Thanks for all the answers, might not be online to see them, but will check once I will get back on forums.
Gold: 7,015.59
Trader: Trusted
Jun 21 2015 02:47pm
First of all, welcome to Ladder slasher and good luck with the climb, the game can be very tough for new players, but is very addicting.

- Dont think that just because you are a barbarian that you need to stick the the "Blue" Abilitys, as a new player Powerstrike would be a good ability to put points in as well as multi strike.

- I would put vitality in to reach 100, it will slow you down but you wont die, expecially on Hardcore

- The items you have on your market place (MP) are no good, tier 1 items wont sell for anything. try finding tier 3+ items with stats such as Str Dex Int EE etc.

- They game will take a while at first, but the more you do it the faster you will be, you will gain proficiencys that will make you stronger, and you will find better gear.
also once you get gear up to MQ (71) players will invite you to join climbs with them, a 1-71 climb can take anywhere from an hour to 2 hours

If you have any more questions, you can reply here, or even send me a pm.

Gold: 8,888.88
Jun 21 2015 03:14pm
Juston cover most of it.

- Don't choose healrage on a barb, they only start with 5 intelligence, thus less healing capacity which means you will most likely town to shrine before using it.
- Vitality Hardcore 100-125 / Softcore 75-100, shrining will be your friend, you can also buy fish/comfreys or do fishing yourself while regen'ing in town.
- MP / Economy and playerbase will mean that selling things on MP is really bad, most likely you will find gear for yourself to use, which you will mule over to another character by way of Transfer on MP
- Gear dependent and if you join a group of players willing to help you level up during the spare time you have to play, but most 1-71s are preset with people that are willing to spend 1-3 hours in a group.
Gold: 356.93
Jun 21 2015 09:27pm
Stack power strike, i leveled power strike and double strike myself, i am hardcore solo self found, power strike is by far the skill you want leveled the most.
100 vita seems to be enough on hc, i am using lvl 25 items at lvl 50 and handling it ok.
Gold: 72,365.76
Jun 22 2015 02:47pm
welcome to ls!

the more points you put into an abilitiy, the faster it charges up , the more often you can use it. So using 2 abilities only - specially as beginner - isnt that bad at all. You learn to use them wisely and need them more often due the lack of gear.
100 or more vita is good. make sure you go town at halflife to regen (50%~) . Try to stick to it and you will stay alive. Watch the chat, that way you spot dangerous monsters quicker ( Evil Presence )
you can either try to sell the better items ( III Arcane+ for example) or use them to shrine up quicker. I recommend first option until you have better gear . i bought one of your items :)
reaching 71 selffound can take weeks and is quite dangerous on highlevel. Try to sell some items III and higher so you can buy one or two items for level 35+ -[ Pros can do 1-71 solo in 3-6 hours ]

for gear, go for whatever barb usable weapon you get, the higher enhanced effect the better.
Same counts for armors, aim for medium or heavy types . armors -> http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=10
As charm you want either strengt or dex depending on weapon -> check stats for weapons http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=3

try to figure out monsters abilities as you kill them. Some are more dangerous they want to be killed first ( stunners, freezers)
some of them call for help, some insantly, some when under 50% life, some can call for help when hit. This known you want to kill some of them first, some last, some maybe with powerstrike... there is plenty to learn about mob abilities ;)
some are anoying for melee characters, they cast a melee shield (foglime) , others can do shields or have immunitiers vs caster characters...

i also recommend to open a group - with high join range - maybe some experienced player is bored or feels helpful and drags you a couple of levels ... i do that now and then :)

hope this helps a little. cu ingame

This post was edited by sp_patl on Jun 22 2015 02:48pm
Gold: 1,322,460.00
Jun 22 2015 02:52pm
Sent you 100FG.

That should help ease the climb a little.

Good luck!
Gold: 4,275.00
Jun 23 2015 04:29pm
Thanks for this thread....it has helped me answered lot of questions.
I am a "returning" LS Hc player. BUT, it has been probably 7-8 years since I played.....I've forgotten a LOT!!
Jun 27 2015 03:21pm
Haven't got the chance to post again because nothing notable happen.
I advanced through levels and got at level 21 without too much to concern about except the low amount of damage I deal, even if I had tried to search marketplace on a daily basis, I haven't found too many items that could help me on my current level or even further, so I have purchased few items that now are stored on several characters which might be used on some of the unlocked characters I assume. I think it helps the marketplace to buy some items from there while waiting for others to appear, selling and buying process should normally work the same but I often buy then sell, after few days I finally sold today my first item.
Looking to keep an eye for a weapon for level 20-25, same for armor and maybe charms as well, not sure still if charms are such a must on lower levels and might skip them.
Jun 28 2015 03:45pm
Level 25 have been achieved, many things remain to be upgraded in the near future.
Nothing new on the market even that I search two times per day to see if any kind of items that I might use or not is up for sale.
Killing speed is decreasing with every level I advance but I feel that the risk of death is also reduced by a high life pool and also a better defense that stacks with each level I graduate.

Should I continue watching the market in search of any useful items for several classes or would be better to create a search topic on trade forums?
Jun 30 2015 02:28pm
I have seen some interesting items today on market and I need kind of advice from someone that have good experience with game, don't really need those items, as I can't use them on my class, but would get them for a further class if are of any good and worth their price. So please let me know via private message if can help me with that kind of advice. Thank you!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll