d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > I'll Teach You How To Play Multiple > Fighting Games For Fg. Or Shooters.
Prev1678
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 445.00
Jun 30 2015 08:42am
Quote (Sasori @ Jun 30 2015 05:30am)
you an autist? idk who has an interest here or not. fighting games are probably the hardest/most complex games out of any genre/unlike other genres a fighting game player plays multiple games and they're all different.
learning street fighter won't teach you MKX outside the basic fundamentals. marvel doesnt teach you jojos bizzare adventure besides movement fundamentals, ect ect. who cares if its' a small forum. i could post on event hubs and shoryuken.com also but i need the fg for d2 because i decided to play again.

and i KNOW jsp has a cod following because ive been a part of it since modern warfare 2 era. and ive made more money off cod than you have off any game you've ever played combined.
my cod skill is a known quantity in these forums. i don't play like i used too but i still know ALOT about the game and how to play / improve. and i can help newer players who are interested in improving step up their game.
but maybe this goes a little over the head of somebody with a elmo signature since you're still in your sesame street phase. well heres something for you grouch. one of these threads is not like the other. do count sasoriula a favor and see yourself out.

e. anybody wanna play some mkx? i heard some people play that here

RTS>Fighting games imo.
Gold: 293.50
Jun 30 2015 11:31am
Quote (ROM @ Jun 30 2015 08:42am)
RTS>Fighting games imo.

RTS Games have a equal level skill gap but are actually easier to learn because what you need to know is all surface level an obvious. easily accessible information

fighting games are basically unlearnable unless you are taught. too much invisible data that you cannot learn on your own.
Gold: 100.24
Jul 1 2015 12:38am
Quote (Sasori @ 30 Jun 2015 11:30)
you an autist? idk who has an interest here or not. fighting games are probably the hardest/most complex games out of any genre/unlike other genres a fighting game player plays multiple games and they're all different.
learning street fighter won't teach you MKX outside the basic fundamentals. marvel doesnt teach you jojos bizzare adventure besides movement fundamentals, ect ect. who cares if its' a small forum. i could post on event hubs and shoryuken.com also but i need the fg for d2 because i decided to play again.

and i KNOW jsp has a cod following because ive been a part of it since modern warfare 2 era. and ive made more money off cod than you have off any game you've ever played combined.
my cod skill is a known quantity in these forums. i don't play like i used too but i still know ALOT about the game and how to play / improve. and i can help newer players who are interested in improving step up their game.
but maybe this goes a little over the head of somebody with a elmo signature since you're still in your sesame street phase. well heres something for you grouch. one of these threads is not like the other. do count sasoriula a favor and see yourself out.

e. anybody wanna play some mkx? i heard some people play that here

No, I'm not an autist but you must be an asperger, sir ;)

There are numerous of more demanding genres than "fighting" games. You just memorize few moves and after that it all comes down to game balance and reactions. In some games you don't even need to memorize anything. I remember taking part into street fighter tournament as Dhalsim (I remind you that I had played street fighter for aroun 10 minutes total in my life before this tournament). I made it into the semifinals I think, and I caused some serious rage-quits and tears by smashing one button and winning "expert" opponents. That's how demanding your fighting game genre is at competitive level.

This post was edited by Deppi on Jul 1 2015 12:39am
Gold: 293.50
Jul 1 2015 01:03am
Quote (Deppi @ Jul 1 2015 12:38am)
No, I'm not an autist but you must be an asperger, sir ;)

There are numerous of more demanding genres than "fighting" games. You just memorize few moves and after that it all comes down to game balance and reactions. In some games you don't even need to memorize anything. I remember taking part into street fighter tournament as Dhalsim (I remind you that I had played street fighter for aroun 10 minutes total in my life before this tournament). I made it into the semifinals I think, and I caused some serious rage-quits and tears by smashing one button and winning "expert" opponents. That's how demanding your fighting game genre is at competitive level.

troll detected. literally impossible. you would need to know which buttons do what to which other buttons (how hitboxes interact) takes months of experience learning matchups and dhalsim has like 100x unblockable setups that work on him the second you play anybody with enough gray matter to be considered a living being
you would get dropped into the vortex, a vortex you wouldn't know how to escape because you don't know wtf you're doing. also you don't know any option selects. you don't know how to low profile fireballs. you don't have the spacing perfect or the knowledge of what their character can do <- all requirments to play dhalsim (i know because i PLAY dhalsim HAHAHAHA NICE TRY DEWD)

inputs for sims easy/only combo really for dhalsim, down back mp down back mp back mk reset to neutral quarter circle back lp and thats shitty damage and if you don't even know that much you can't possibly be winning much of anything.
i'd be happy to play you for 50$ paypal. i will literally paypal you 50$ if you can beat me with dhalsim in a best of 5, dead serious.

E: and i didn't even touch on whiff punishing. dhalsim doesn't have a 1 button beats all move. you need all his normals in many different situations to even stay relevant in the match considering how low his life/damage is.

E: #2 i'm sure whatever gamestop tournament where you played 8 year olds and somebodys mom was a real tough one ! too bad you still didn't win it !

This post was edited by Sasori on Jul 1 2015 01:11am
Gold: 3.60
Jul 1 2015 06:32am
Quote (ROM @ Jun 30 2015 02:42pm)
RTS>Fighting games imo.

this
by a mile
no way in hell that fighting games are harder to learn than RTS

RTS strategy at high level is way more in-depth than fighting game strategy

Both things require some learning and have steep learning curves, but fighting games can be made easier through match ups and learning the move sets/frames of the opposing player. Keep in mind that probably only 50% of those movesets are used so that's even less you have to prepare for
RTS gives you a large amount of tools and anything after that is completely and entirely unique to the player themselves
RTS style/strategy can completely change or be so different that you can never prepare yourself for it
Fighting games require you to focus on one enemy on the screen whereas RTS can sometimes(very likely) require you to focus on many small battles in a match.
Micro managing in RTS is WAAAAAY harder than fighting games.

I love fighting games and know that they are difficult but I'm not going to downplay the difficulty of RTS games lol

It would be impossibly hard to absolutely master RTS.

Fighting games by comparison are easier.

The theoretical limit on commands per second in a fighting game is bounded by the animation lenghts of the character.

In the RTS there is no realistic way of the user approaching the limit of the interface. Tons of units, some with special abilies, means more potential for micro than anyone can handle.

The tactical possibilities in a fighting game are limited by 2 players confined within in a small, convex, area.

The RTS has infinite positions.

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Jul 1 2015 06:45am
Gold: 100.24
Jul 1 2015 06:43am
Quote (Sasori @ 1 Jul 2015 09:03)
troll detected. literally impossible. you would need to know which buttons do what to which other buttons (how hitboxes interact) takes months of experience learning matchups and dhalsim has like 100x unblockable setups that work on him the second you play anybody with enough gray matter to be considered a living being
you would get dropped into the vortex, a vortex you wouldn't know how to escape because you don't know wtf you're doing. also you don't know any option selects. you don't know how to low profile fireballs. you don't have the spacing perfect or the knowledge of what their character can do <- all requirments to play dhalsim (i know because i PLAY dhalsim HAHAHAHA NICE TRY DEWD)

inputs for sims easy/only combo really for dhalsim, down back mp down back mp back mk reset to neutral quarter circle back lp and thats shitty damage and if you don't even know that much you can't possibly be winning much of anything.
i'd be happy to play you for 50$ paypal. i will literally paypal you 50$ if you can beat me with dhalsim in a best of 5, dead serious.

E: and i didn't even touch on whiff punishing. dhalsim doesn't have a 1 button beats all move. you need all his normals in many different situations to even stay relevant in the match considering how low his life/damage is.

E: #2 i'm sure whatever gamestop tournament where you played 8 year olds and somebodys mom was a real tough one ! too bad you still didn't win it !

You weren't there, I was :) I beat several skilled players as dhalsim only spamming one button. Sometimes the truth hurts most when it's against your beliefs

Also, the tournament members were people who had competed before. And 8-year-old could be quite tough opponent, since it takes ~0 skill to win a hc "fighting" gamer

This post was edited by Deppi on Jul 1 2015 06:45am
Gold: 3.60
Jul 1 2015 06:52am
I'll put it this way
If you had a high level fighting game player teach a newb, it will probably take them 2-3 months to be on par
If you had a high level RTS game player teach a newb, it will probably take them 6 or more months to be on par

Why

There are more available players and short matches make it easier for you to learn where your mistakes were made which in turn help you improve faster
RTS on the other hand can end fast or end slow which in turn makes it harder for you to pin point exactly where you need to improve on and the available players for you to play against is small. The skill level gaps are too huge in RTS
Timing is much more crucial in RTS than fighting games. It's ok miss an opening in fighting games a couple times in the rounds as you can still come back. Miss an opening or a couple seconds in RTS and you're pretty much done.
Mistakes are less forgiving in fighting games than RTS. WAY less

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Jul 1 2015 06:53am
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev1678
Closed New Topic New Poll