d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > I'll Teach You How To Play Multiple > Fighting Games For Fg. Or Shooters.
Prev12348Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 121.00
Jun 20 2015 01:57pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Jun 20 2015 02:54pm)
Gotta stream it tho......u know since that's what the "pros" do

agreed
Gold: 293.50
Jun 20 2015 02:16pm
Dedication to practice and an investment of time and those are not things you can charge a digital currency for.[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree and if he person who does this doesn't have that dedication it won't work. But fighting games are extremely technical and not obvious and the knowledge is typically not public. For street fighter it's more available but for niche fighters unless you know people who know the game you will never ever learn anything. MKX took us a step in the right direction by showing us Frame Data, they fucked up at first but fixed It thankfully, frame data is incredibly important and is incredibly difficult to study without knowing what you're lookin for or what tools are around or such. Also option selects must be taught and cannot be self learned. If you do not know somebody who knows or you can't find a video that in deep detail demonstrates it, you will never ever learn it. It's like playing diablo without knowing breakpoints. your just going to make a 20 fcr Necro and not understand why you blow. Then there comes tactics. West style boxing, ibs properly, wsg spear, upspear, holding down when you stomp to stomp on the bottom side of them. C/t and other tactics cannot be self taught. I cannot make anybody dedicated or have the will. But if they do. And are willing to pay me for the long hours it would take to demonstrate the years and years of knowledge and take time out of my day to make it make any sense to them. Then that is their decision. Why do you think call of duty pub kids don't know what snaking is and never do it. Or don't rosy the bomb after planting or anything smart in those situations? It's because they don't know how to do any of that. Or why to do it. people learn faster with somebody to show them these things rather than learn on their own. How good they are isn't my concern. I'll make them
As good as I can. If they don't use what I show then properly it won't be my
Knowledge or teaching that will be lacking. I've played these games at a deep intimate level for years. In the case of street fighter there's no character I don't know how to play really. the only character I don't like is honda and that's because I dislike pianoing it makes my hands hurt not because I don't know how. So if a honda player needed my help I still understand the character deeply. the best coaches and teachers in this world aren't professional athletes anyway so your logic was moot to start with.

Jun 20 2015 02:17pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Jun 20 2015 08:23am)
Has to be a troll....noway someone is thus arrogant lol

where have I been arrogant. I know everything about these games at Intimate levels you don't even understand. I know the character Specfics for nearly every character in all the games I've mentioned all their option selects, best punishes most damaging combos, best comer carries, best situational combos to deal with common Mixups ect, knowing something isn't arrogance. in the case of MKX which is a game based on the 50/50 okizemi's that make up 90% of the casts combos. I'm extremely comfortable with quan chi, erron black, Kung Lao/jin, jax, Takeda, Raiden and sub zero, (both grandmaster and cryo variants) I can teach the best way to clean your execution so that run combos are consistent, I can explain system mechanics like how if you input a direction of any kind after the initial pre buffered inputs it will cancel for the direction, which is why you can do a string mostly properly and nothing comes out (online connection makes this issue worse) and how to work around it. I can teach the "proper" ways to practice (practicing punishes in specific situations until you can do reps of 10, combos until reps of 10, character Specfic combos until reps of 10 ect) I can teach what matchups are good for you and why and which ones are bad and how to try and work around your characters bad matchups. I can teach you ideas and concepts that aren't obvious and an immense wealth of knowledge. What you do with it and how proficiently isn't my business. It's yours.

If anybody wants to play for fun and do some typical sets (hoping you atleast know sets are ft5/ft10) then ya im down, if u think you're good and pride at fighting games I guarentee you're garbage the fgc has been crushing scrubs who think they're hot since mvc2. and we've nver seen anybody arrogant nobodies actually do anything, (you would be the nobody in this situation not me lol nobody knows you in the fgc you don't enter tournaments I don't think I don't recognize your name and you seem like one of those guys who bought MKX and plays online an thinks he plays mortal kombat lol) then id be happy to play. And that's good advice for anybody else. Run as many first to 10s you can, try on focus on your bad matchups first before you're good ones.
Gold: 121.00
Jun 20 2015 02:18pm
Quote (Sasori @ Jun 20 2015 03:16pm)
Dedication to practice and an investment of time and those are not things you can charge a digital currency for.

I 100% agree and if he person who does this doesn't have that dedication it won't work. But fighting games are extremely technical and not obvious and the knowledge is typically not public. For street fighter it's more available but for niche fighters unless you know people who know the game you will never ever learn anything. MKX took us a step in the right direction by showing us Frame Data, they fucked up at first but fixed It thankfully, frame data is incredibly important and is incredibly difficult to study without knowing what you're lookin for or what tools are around or such. Also option selects must be taught and cannot be self learned. If you do not know somebody who knows or you can't find a video that in deep detail demonstrates it, you will never ever learn it. It's like playing diablo without knowing breakpoints. your just going to make a 20 fcr Necro and not understand why you blow. Then there comes tactics. West style boxing, ibs properly, wsg spear, upspear, holding down when you stomp to stomp on the bottom side of them. C/t and other tactics cannot be self taught. I cannot make anybody dedicated or have the will. But if they do. And are willing to pay me for the long hours it would take to demonstrate the years and years of knowledge and take time out of my day to make it make any sense to them. Then that is their decision. Why do you think call of duty pub kids don't know what snaking is and never do it. Or don't rosy the bomb after planting or anything smart in those situations? It's because they don't know how to do any of that. Or why to do it. people learn faster with somebody to show them these things rather than learn on their own. How good they are isn't my concern. I'll make them
As good as I can. If they don't use what I show then properly it won't be my
Knowledge or teaching that will be lacking. I've played these games at a deep intimate level for years. In the case of street fighter there's no character I don't know how to play really. the only character I don't like is honda and that's because I dislike pianoing it makes my hands hurt not because I don't know how. So if a honda player needed my help I still understand the character deeply. the best coaches and teachers in this world aren't professional athletes anyway so your logic was moot to start with.[/QUOTE]

Jun 20 2015 02:21pm
you're just embarrassing yourself by acting like a fool lol
Jun 20 2015 02:27pm
Quote (FeaRizT @ Jun 20 2015 08:12am)
The fact that you mentioned Feros name and think that's a big deal mindblows me, not sure if you want attention from this thread, trolling or just plain terrible lmao.

You should be more respectful of JJ he has the most golds on the website. More than ston3r and he did it in HALF the time, I probably myself have like 20x your earnings not baring the insane amount more than you he has guarenteed. Nobody in gb history has made more money than him and he didn't really play bo1 and prior like at all. Counting bronzes and silvers he has over a thousand trophys, counting umg add another 200 or so to that. So yeah talk shit but where are you? never heard of you lol it's pretty common for average kids to compare themselves to winners and think "oh they're not that good" that just proves you haven't played tournaments. Or if you are that good why aren't you sitting on rediculous stacks? And don't say "because I have a job lol" Fero from 15-20 has/will made more money than you will see until your like 40 years old. And he's a good friend to me. dont you ever disrespect without including a link to your umg team and atleast 50$ to wager to make it worth our time to shit on you lol
Gold: 395.22
Jun 20 2015 04:47pm
Quote (Sasori @ Jun 20 2015 02:17pm)
where have I been arrogant. I know everything about these games at Intimate levels you don't even understand. I know the character Specfics for nearly every character in all the games I've mentioned all their option selects, best punishes most damaging combos, best comer carries, best situational combos to deal with common Mixups ect, knowing something isn't arrogance. in the case of MKX which is a game based on the 50/50 okizemi's that make up 90% of the casts combos. I'm extremely comfortable with quan chi, erron black, Kung Lao/jin, jax, Takeda, Raiden and sub zero, (both grandmaster and cryo variants) I can teach the best way to clean your execution so that run combos are consistent, I can explain system mechanics like how if you input a direction of any kind after the initial pre buffered inputs it will cancel for the direction, which is why you can do a string mostly properly and nothing comes out (online connection makes this issue worse) and how to work around it. I can teach the "proper" ways to practice (practicing punishes in specific situations until you can do reps of 10, combos until reps of 10, character Specfic combos until reps of 10 ect) I can teach what matchups are good for you and why and which ones are bad and how to try and work around your characters bad matchups. I can teach you ideas and concepts that aren't obvious and an immense wealth of knowledge. What you do with it and how proficiently isn't my business. It's yours.

If anybody wants to play for fun and do some typical sets (hoping you atleast know sets are ft5/ft10) then ya im down, if u think you're good and pride at fighting games I guarentee you're garbage the fgc has been crushing scrubs who think they're hot since mvc2. and we've nver seen anybody arrogant nobodies actually do anything, (you would be the nobody in this situation not me lol nobody knows you in the fgc you don't enter tournaments I don't think I don't recognize your name and you seem like one of those guys who bought MKX and plays online an thinks he plays mortal kombat lol) then id be happy to play. And that's good advice for anybody else. Run as many first to 10s you can, try on focus on your bad matchups first before you're good ones.

Just for arguments sake in mkx who u use vs a person very familiar with ferra/torr
Jun 20 2015 10:22pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Jun 20 2015 04:47pm)
Just for arguments sake in mkx who u use vs a person very familiar with ferra/torr

well honestly its not about picking a character to beat that matchup. if you really want to be good at a game. find 1 char. and master it. and cover your bad matchups. it's less about who beats ferrator and more how do YOU beat ferra torr. who do you play and ill tell you some ways in on ferra torr. and honestly it's really variant dependant. ferratorr is scary man. theres a guy that keeps showing up to next level battle circuit and smoking everybody with ferra torr. the only other person i consider of that caliber here right now is glitch. and he does okay in that matchup with kung lao. and kung kinda in MY opinion suffers in that matchup.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2015 01:01am
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Jun 20 2015 02:03pm)
:hail:

Plus ur probably trash at mkx....Lmk xbox live tag so I can slam u

ill face u in mkx lmk
Gold: 6,000.00
Jun 21 2015 01:20am
Quote (Sasori @ Jun 20 2015 11:22pm)
well honestly its not about picking a character to beat that matchup. if you really want to be good at a game. find 1 char. and master it. and cover your bad matchups. it's less about who beats ferrator and more how do YOU beat ferra torr. who do you play and ill tell you some ways in on ferra torr. and honestly it's really variant dependant. ferratorr is scary man. theres a guy that keeps showing up to next level battle circuit and smoking everybody with ferra torr. the only other person i consider of that caliber here right now is glitch. and he does okay in that matchup with kung lao. and kung kinda in MY opinion suffers in that matchup.

i say you both face each other ft5 and see who wins post up on here if you know the games as well as you say this should be a walk in the park,
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12348Next
Closed New Topic New Poll