d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Maplestory 1 & 2 > Want To Get Back Into The Game > Looking For Help!
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24.00
Jun 10 2015 09:10am
Hi Guys!

I played MS maybe 4 or so years ago and wanted to try and get back into it now. I was looking at some info about how much it has changed and it has been kind of overwhelming to try to figure out. I plan on redownloading it later this evening and wanted to see if anyone was willing to help me figure things out and/or make some suggestions for what I should play as someone just restarting. I don't know if I will be able to recover my old account info or not, it'll be a shot in the dark if I can remember what it is.

Is there any preferential server to start on?
Is it possible to level and actually have fun without having funding for a character now?
Anyone have any guidelines for some areas I should try to check out to help with my leveling?
Any other tips for a beginner?

thanks everyone
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Jun 10 2015 09:17am
Start on scania, biggest population = more fun. :)
leveling 1-150 requires absolutely no funding. Gear and pots are basically given to you with the increased drop rate, trust me you'll be fine.
Leveling guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/339q08/as_ive_seen_a_lot_of_posts_about_this_heres_a/
Other tips, I have lots. PM Me if you're seriously getting back into the game and i"ll get into helping you as much as I can bro :)
Gold: 159,248.46
Jun 10 2015 09:21am
Heya Guildie. Yeah the game I entirely different from how it used to be. The only upside of your old account is all the char slots. Godly end game gear from a year ago is now worth a third of what it used to be.

Scania and Bera are ofc the most popular. Windia users are pretty frequent too. It is possible to level up to around 120 easily without funding but there's a drastic difference in leveling past there without funding.

Ayumilove guides are pretty good. I wouldn't follow it perfectly but they're a solid start for beginners.

Max meso is now 9,999,999,999. Hackers are everywhere. Look up elite boss/monsters. That's the fastest way of getting meso when you first start. If you're a bad class and unfunded you may need to make a friend to fully benefit from it, but still the best way.

Don't start as a thief as thief equips normally cost billions more than other class' gear.

Also do you have numerous accounts? A good way to make meso is to take advantage of quests that only allow it once per account.

Any tips for a beginner? Don't start. It will eat your soul.
Gold: 6.90
Jun 10 2015 10:33am
Quote (Soroush @ Jun 10 2015 10:17am)
Start on scania, biggest population = more fun. :)
leveling 1-150 requires absolutely no funding. Gear and pots are basically given to you with the increased drop rate, trust me you'll be fine.
Leveling guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/339q08/as_ive_seen_a_lot_of_posts_about_this_heres_a/
Other tips, I have lots. PM Me if you're seriously getting back into the game and i"ll get into helping you as much as I can bro :)

That.
Quote (Gala32 @ Jun 10 2015 10:21am)
Heya Guildie. Yeah the game I entirely different from how it used to be. The only upside of your old account is all the char slots. Godly end game gear from a year ago is now worth a third of what it used to be.

Scania and Bera are ofc the most popular. Windia users are pretty frequent too. It is possible to level up to around 120 easily without funding but there's a drastic difference in leveling past there without funding.

Ayumilove guides are pretty good. I wouldn't follow it perfectly but they're a solid start for beginners.

Max meso is now 9,999,999,999. Hackers are everywhere. Look up elite boss/monsters. That's the fastest way of getting meso when you first start. If you're a bad class and unfunded you may need to make a friend to fully benefit from it, but still the best way.

Don't start as a thief as thief equips normally cost billions more than other class' gear.

Also do you have numerous accounts? A good way to make meso is to take advantage of quests that only allow it once per account.

Any tips for a beginner? Don't start. It will eat your soul.

That too.

I suggest if youre on a new account to start with cygnus knight and do ALL your cygnus quest for level 100+ because they give good benefits and skills
Then you can easily solo higher level mobs with your next character.
BLAH BLAH BLAH
To get rich, the maplestory admins do attendance check and stuff and becomes a hassle and a chore
If you want, you can hire me to power level you
LMK
I did soroush's wild hunter 93-140 in 2days
Jun 10 2015 10:48am
Quote (Uguu @ Jun 10 2015 11:33am)
That.

That too.

I suggest if youre on a new account to start with cygnus knight and do ALL your cygnus quest for level 100+ because they give good benefits and skills
Then you can easily solo higher level mobs with your next character.
BLAH BLAH BLAH
To get rich, the maplestory admins do attendance check and stuff and becomes a hassle and a chore
If you want, you can hire me to power level you
LMK
I did soroush's wild hunter 93-140 in 2days

Well my old account definitely had a high level cygnus knight on it for the buff, if I can get logged into it again that is....

I am not sure I follow what you are saying about the admins doing attendance checks and such unless that was a joke.

I will pass on the power leveling for now, I dont think having a high level character (who I dont have funding for) thrown at me will be a good way to learn the game again. Thanks for the info though!
Jun 10 2015 10:53am
Quote (blawlforeverdom @ Jun 10 2015 11:48am)
Well my old account definitely had a high level cygnus knight on it for the buff, if I can get logged into it again that is....

I am not sure I follow what you are saying about the admins doing attendance checks and such unless that was a joke.

I will pass on the power leveling for now, I dont think having a high level character (who I dont have funding for) thrown at me will be a good way to learn the game again. Thanks for the info though!

Mmmmmm attendance check meaning, say, first day log in, kill 300 monsters you get a 50% hammer
2nd day log in, kill monster within your level and collect 30 of these items you get a check
3rd day you miss it cuz u got a life.
4th day log in, kill another 300 monsters you get a 3rd check and so on
until 2 weeks pass you might get the big bonus prize YAY
if not then o wells u snooze u lose.
These items can be sold and make about 10m-400m i dont know the price anymore since I quit merching

/e also the "learning the game" you can't do most of em unless you get to high level and learning which skills to use?
Honestly you barely touch first and 2nd and 3rd job skills unless it's a buff and 4th job skills all the way
But meh your choice ^_^
Only fun thing now IMO is bossing

This post was edited by Uguu on Jun 10 2015 10:55am
Jun 10 2015 10:55am
Quote (Uguu @ Jun 10 2015 11:53am)
Mmmmmm attendance check meaning, say, first day log in, kill 300 monsters you get a 50% hammer
2nd day log in, kill monster within your level and collect 30 of these items you get a check
3rd day you miss it cuz u got a life.
4th day log in, kill another 300 monsters you get a 3rd check and so on
until 2 weeks pass you might get the big bonus prize YAY
if not then o wells u snooze u lose.
These items can be sold and make about 10m-400m i dont know the price anymore since I quit merching

ah okay so just some daily quests for a chance at good items.

another question to anyone that I should have probably thought of earlier... is it possible to be good at this game without spending real money on anything? or is that the real ticket to making in game money to be able to afford the good stuff?
Jun 10 2015 11:03am
Quote (blawlforeverdom @ Jun 10 2015 11:55am)
ah okay so just some daily quests for a chance at good items.

another question to anyone that I should have probably thought of earlier... is it possible to be good at this game without spending real money on anything? or is that the real ticket to making in game money to be able to afford the good stuff?

It's possible, I got max meso (10b) in 2weeks after I started maple and spent maybe $5?
If you don't want to spend any then just boss and get maple points (yes, maple now gives rewards for PLAYING the game and give maple points)
Then you can merch
Use maple.fm <--website
to find the general prices and go merch.
Only thing I can tell you to do is do your gollux prequest and kill that sucker for a week or two and get a superior ring/pendant or w/e and sell it
Go Back To Maplestory 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll