d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Old Gw Questions
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.69
May 24 2015 08:00pm
I remember when i used to play GW and the way i made money was farming ectoplasm (i think thats what it is called?) is that still viable?

I would have my tanky character along with 2 'followers' if i remember correctly; and i would send both of them out in 2 diff directions, and i forgot exactly what happens but people would pay me to do this lol.. i know its vague but what was it that i was doing? I forgot

This was a few years ago when i played and im thinking about starting up again. pvp was so much fun

This post was edited by Shakti on May 24 2015 08:05pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 24 2015 09:42pm
Plat(Platinum) , which caps out at 100plat per trade/inv (or 1000plat for stash) which is still used to trade smaller things such as mini's and for materials
Ecto(Ectoplasm) , are used in place or higher value items (like rarer mini's,collectors items etc...) also used in terms of trades since plat is normally used for scrolls/armor upgrades etc... and harder to get ahold of large amounts
Arm(Armbraces) , these are used for tormented weapons, or get such cases as ultra high end items (Rare collectors items/Ultra Rare minis"Polar bear,Panda, Kanaxai etc..) (Normal trades cap out at 1500 ecto or 6 stacks of 250)

9-13 Ecto = 100k plat (depending on the days ecto value)
1 Arm = 29-33 Ectos (same with the value of the ecto)

guilds are a more helpful and productive thing now in which other kinda runs that yield any payment or Fissure of Wow Armor/Chest or Underworld Run to chest(in which someone is just lazy and doesnt wanna run with a group)

So finding a farming build if gunna be the best case for you

FOW(Fissure of Wow) = Obsidian Shards (Another higher end selling thing but alot less value like 1/10th the value of ecto, but is used for the rarest armor (FOW armor)
UW(Underworld) = Ectos

So find a farming build based on what you need

http://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/?cookieSetup=true
Go to builds by profession and pick the profession you want and find a UW build and watch videos for it to learn how to do em to farm ectos

theres also event farmers which are Raptor/Vaettir Farmer in which are events you get event drops, meaning more monster kills more event jobs

some of which come very useful for your other farms and are easily sellable as well
Gold: 212.00
May 24 2015 10:43pm
Learn to run hardmode missions solo + a couple heroes
Charge players a fee to join your party to gain completion of the mission when you finish it

Not sure if player base is large enough to do this anymore but it worked great about 6 years ago

~ Crystal Desert in Prophecy campaign is a good place to start doing this
~ Slots used to sell 2k per player joined "minimum" and you could run all 3 missions with yourself and 2 heroes

This post was edited by TSBoyer on May 24 2015 10:44pm
Gold: 68.00
Jun 3 2015 09:11pm
I do baal runs for ecto, ez pk
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll