d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obama Is Taking Our Guns Away
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
May 18 2015 10:56am
Quote (thundercock @ May 18 2015 10:52am)
It's all for show/publicity just like the Lamborghini cop cars.

National guard will still get them though and they are the ones who really crack down on people. So if you're genuinely worried about a police state, this doesn't actually do anything.

The national guard are actually trained in their use though, I don't trust local police to adequately train their personnel in the use of military equipment
Gold: 2,489.69
May 18 2015 11:00am
Quote (Skinned @ May 18 2015 10:47am)
Obama just trying to keep military equipment in the hands of the military, which the police are not, despite them thinking otherwise.

They could join the real army where they need this stuff.

You don't need a tank to pass out tickets and shoot caged animals.

Shortsighted view imo. If were talking about the local Maine PD handing out speeding tickets to fishermen on their way home sure. How about a dept. 20 miles from the border with cartel activity? I think if this bill takes away from the average PD thats just fine, if it effects the very few precincts that actually require military equipment tho that will be a shame. Unless Obama wants to put the Nat. Guard on alert 24-7 so they can make the housecalls to suspected cartel dens.
Gold: 285.00
May 18 2015 11:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2015 12:00pm)
Shortsighted view imo. If were talking about the local Maine PD handing out speeding tickets to fishermen on their way home sure. How about a dept. 20 miles from the border with cartel activity? I think if this bill takes away from the average PD thats just fine, if it effects the very few precincts that actually require military equipment tho that will be a shame. Unless Obama wants to put the Nat. Guard on alert 24-7 so they can make the housecalls to suspected cartel dens.

Sounds like the job of the National Guard...you know, actual soldiers.

SWAT teams get to keep their stuff it sounds like, I don't think anybody will be castrating them. No need for street and beat cops to play commando.
May 18 2015 11:04am
Quote (Skinned @ May 18 2015 11:01am)
Sounds like the job of the National Guard...you know, actual soldiers.

SWAT teams get to keep their stuff it sounds like, I don't think anybody will be castrating them. No need for street and beat cops to play commando.

Before i did my report on Cartel activity stateside i would have agreed, now that i see the very limited amount of time that there is from when a tip comes in to the cash/drugs moving in alot of cases i wouldnt. The Nat Guard isnt going to get there in time to act 100% of the time in the current structure. But if Obama wants to lend some Nat Guard to the ATF and DHS for raids id be all for it.
Gold: 22,720.48
May 18 2015 10:18pm
Because we all know that grenade launchers and tanks are on the same level as a gorram bayonet. :huh:
Gold: 0.00
May 19 2015 12:43am
Well at least now the popo can sell all that military grade hardware they bought for 'riot control' using the funds acquired from civil asset forfeiture and give the money back to it's rightful owners thus boosting local economies by producing an influx of new/renewed businesses right? Right? lol
Gold: 0.76
May 19 2015 02:31am
Quote (thesnipa @ 18 May 2015 12:00)

You are talking about a few out of many thousands of departments that should never have these weapons. I'm sure in a country of reason and negotiation the departments that are in dire need for more protection will be taken care of. If nothing else the DEA and the ATF will bot be working with them on any cartel activity. Not to mention Homeland Defense since drug syndicates are considered terrorist groups, I think those police departments will be ok.

What we don't need is heavy artillery in downtown NYC bayonets for crowd control and tanks.
May 19 2015 06:18am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ May 19 2015 02:31am)
You are talking about a few out of many thousands of departments that should never have these weapons. I'm sure in a country of reason and negotiation the departments that are in dire need for more protection will be taken care of. If nothing else the DEA and the ATF will bot be working with them on any cartel activity. Not to mention Homeland Defense since drug syndicates are considered terrorist groups, I think those police departments will be ok.

What we don't need is heavy artillery in downtown NYC bayonets for crowd control and tanks.

i agree that the militarized police is not needed anywhere outside of cartel territory. But the precincts effected aren't a few, they are a widespread net of border towns that constantly deal with cartel activity. ATF and DEA are great, but theyre slow and not first responders. As i stated if it takes from the many depts. that dont need this type of equipment ill be just fine with it, but if it hurts those states that do need it it will be a shame.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll