d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Wheel Of Time Series... > ...is...
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 630.00
May 17 2015 06:33am
... the best series I've ever read. Plain and simple. Check it out. Just not the fake, bs on you tube that you shouldn't be searching for in the first place
Gold: 114.10
Jun 3 2015 02:01am
Quote (SFDKnieD @ 17 May 2015 08:33)
... the best series I've ever read. Plain and simple. Check it out. Just not the fake, bs on you tube that you shouldn't be searching for in the first place

High five, I entirely agree. Did you read the series to the end, more are you still progressing through?
Jun 7 2015 05:54am
Quote (StephanePare @ Jun 3 2015 01:01am)
High five, I entirely agree. Did you read the series to the end, more are you still progressing through?

And I return the high five! I'm currently on book 6 lord of chaos but I've been going through a book a week, including the prequel new spring, but it's incredibly good. I'm interested in seeing how Brian Sanderson and the wife did with the final books
Gold: 230.25
Jun 8 2015 09:56am
Going to start it soon! Looks great.
Jun 10 2015 01:55am
Quote (SFDKnieD @ 7 Jun 2015 07:54)
And I return the high five! I'm currently on book 6 lord of chaos but I've been going through a book a week, including the prequel new spring, but it's incredibly good. I'm interested in seeing how Brian Sanderson and the wife did with the final books

It's a mixed bag. He's not as "hammer to your face" about men and women thinking different yet the same, there's a few literary quirks of Jordan like that which we're not seeing anymore, but it doesn't feel quite as natural either.

Either way though, it's as good as you can expect from a change of author, and the last book is the most fucking epic thing I've read my entire life. Then again, maybe it's because we're finally see so many things i've been hinted at for the last 15 years lol.

Oh, quick warning, books 8-9-10 are slooooooooooooow. Slow, as in 3 days from beginning of book 8 to end of book 10, be warned. That's a stretch where Jordan lost track of all the different subplots, and it takes a while to get it back in hand. That stretch is responsible for a good portion of the WoT fandom leaving the series and never coming back once 11 was released.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 13 2015 11:26pm
Got through the first 6 1/2 books then i got board, found it pretty good.
They make everything into TV now, so only haven't read that far, the end is still a mystery.
Jun 15 2015 01:57am
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jun 2015 01:26)
Got through the first 6 1/2 books then i got board, found it pretty good.
They make everything into TV now, so only haven't read that far, the end is still a mystery.

I'd love it, but I doubt it. It would be much more expansive, what with full on magic duels all over the place, people that you have to make run faster than horses, many more large battle scenes, much larger in scope each, with more intricate strategy, just as many characters, if not more, more varied lands to film and explore.

If people are lost with the number of storylines in game of thrones, they will be even more so with wheel of time too, with more complex and subtle politics.

No, I think that series is just fine staying a series of books, and nothing more
Jun 15 2015 04:12pm
Quote (StephanePare @ Jun 15 2015 02:57am)
I'd love it, but I doubt it. It would be much more expansive, what with full on magic duels all over the place, people that you have to make run faster than horses, many more large battle scenes, much larger in scope each, with more intricate strategy, just as many characters, if not more, more varied lands to film and explore.

If people are lost with the number of storylines in game of thrones, they will be even more so with wheel of time too, with more complex and subtle politics.

No, I think that series is just fine staying a series of books, and nothing more

You never know, now they got 1k+ TV channels so they always need stories, this could make a great show but it would need to be simplified greatly to fit it any sort of watchable time frame. I think the key to Game of Thrones being so popular is that they use a lot of good talented people.
Jun 17 2015 02:07pm
Quote (StephanePare @ Jun 10 2015 12:55am)
It's a mixed bag. He's not as "hammer to your face" about men and women thinking different yet the same, there's a few literary quirks of Jordan like that which we're not seeing anymore, but it doesn't feel quite as natural either.

Either way though, it's as good as you can expect from a change of author, and the last book is the most fucking epic thing I've read my entire life. Then again, maybe it's because we're finally see so many things i've been hinted at for the last 15 years lol.

Oh, quick warning, books 8-9-10 are slooooooooooooow. Slow, as in 3 days from beginning of book 8 to end of book 10, be warned. That's a stretch where Jordan lost track of all the different subplots, and it takes a while to get it back in hand. That stretch is responsible for a good portion of the WoT fandom leaving the series and never coming back once 11 was released.

Noted. I've been going through a book a week and almost done with 7 now, so I now know what to expect.

Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 15 2015 03:12pm)
You never know, now they got 1k+ TV channels so they always need stories, this could make a great show but it would need to be simplified greatly to fit it any sort of watchable time frame. I think the key to Game of Thrones being so popular is that they use a lot of good talented people.

FXx made the first one and you can watch it on youtube but be warned, it's 30 minutes on the prologue of the first book with Lews Therin and it's HORRIBLE so I'd be happier if they didn't continue it. Plus it would take 100 episodes per book at the rate they're going with it. And there's too much of what makes the book series great that you can't exactly put on screen
Jun 17 2015 04:21pm
Quote (SFDKnieD @ Jun 17 2015 03:07pm)
Noted. I've been going through a book a week and almost done with 7 now, so I now know what to expect.

FXx made the first one and you can watch it on youtube but be warned, it's 30 minutes on the prologue of the first book with Lews Therin and it's HORRIBLE so I'd be happier if they didn't continue it. Plus it would take 100 episodes per book at the rate they're going with it. And there's too much of what makes the book series great that you can't exactly put on screen

no doubt writing an adapted screenplay would be nothing but a nightmare for 10x + attempts, but it might be worth the effort because there is a big void in good tv right now, just seems like a lot of crap out now.
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll