d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Egypt's First Freely Elected Leader Sentenced To > Death.
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
May 17 2015 05:28am
Quote (Yakir @ May 17 2015 07:26am)
Where you heard that? :unsure:

...in a news story when the verdict was announced .
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,000.00
Trader: Trusted
May 17 2015 06:04am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 17 2015 02:28pm)
...in a news story when the verdict was announced .

I've never heard about it lol, besides most of the Egyptian gov is a pro Hamas so its kinda funny they punished him with death :lol:
Gold: 1,819.09
May 17 2015 09:07am
It's Morsi's own fault, he was a terrible leader. He won a mostly free and fair election under an Islamist platform, then decided to piss off some of the non-Muslim and secular parts of society with his power grab. The military and Coptic church are some of the most power entities in Egypt and Morsi basically told them to fuck off. Which was a pretty stupid move by his part. The mass protests against him which were to be expected given what he said were all the military needed to overthrow him. When Morsi is executed, and he surely will be, he will only have himself to blame.
Gold: 285.00
May 17 2015 09:49am
Quote (Caedus @ May 17 2015 10:07am)
It's Morsi's own fault, he was a terrible leader. He won a mostly free and fair election under an Islamist platform, then decided to piss off some of the non-Muslim and secular parts of society with his power grab. The military and Coptic church are some of the most power entities in Egypt and Morsi basically told them to fuck off. Which was a pretty stupid move by his part. The mass protests against him which were to be expected given what he said were all the military needed to overthrow him. When Morsi is executed, and he surely will be, he will only have himself to blame.

Trying to destroy the new constitution was the first mistake.

He is an exceptionally dangerous individual and I expected him to get locked in a dark place as Egyptians tend to do to people (even without charges being brought against them....just switching religions will get you kidnapped and incarcerated).

Quote (hATemOnkEy @ May 17 2015 01:16am)
It's a shame though.

I wouldn't mind visiting their archeological treasures.

On a related note, mate of mine talked me into visiting New York this fall. Think of me when I get mugged and shot :(

Maybe by the time we reach late adulthood Egypt will be the 52nd American state (behind Puerto Rico).

I wouldn't worry about NYC that much...I had some friends move to the Bronx from my neighborhood and he says it is a lot safer in general. I imagine with the mass surveillance police state with lessened rights for minorities there they have going (stop and frisk) you probably don't have a lot to worry about. Just don't go too far up in Harlem...it is where the street numbers get pretty high.

I suppose the chance of getting mugged in NYC is still there, but compared to the usual murder business going on in America's less popular and touristy slums it is pretty mild. At this point in history, it would seem like getting mugged in NYC is a novelty that every tourist should hope to have a story of...."did I tell you about the time...."
Gold: 83.30
May 17 2015 09:52am
Quote (Skinned @ May 17 2015 03:49pm)
Trying to destroy the new constitution was the first mistake.

He is an exceptionally dangerous individual and I expected him to get locked in a dark place as Egyptians tend to do to people (even without charges being brought against them....just switching religions will get you kidnapped and incarcerated).

Maybe by the time we reach late adulthood Egypt will be the 52nd American state (behind Puerto Rico).

I wouldn't worry about NYC that much...I had some friends move to the Bronx from my neighborhood and he says it is a lot safer in general. I imagine with the mass surveillance police state with lessened rights for minorities there they have going (stop and frisk) you probably don't have a lot to worry about. Just don't go too far up in Harlem...it is where the street numbers get pretty high.

I suppose the chance of getting mugged in NYC is still there, but compared to the usual murder business going on in America's less popular and touristy slums it is pretty mild. At this point in history, it would seem like getting mugged in NYC is a novelty that every tourist should hope to have a story of...."did I tell you about the time...."

I'm visiting NYC this summer. The only thing I've heard from others is that Bronx and some of Brooklyn isn't interesting to go to, not specifically avoid at all cost. Harlem isn't even on our visit spot list haha.

I'm hoping the TSA won't grope me too much, I'll be border hopping from Canada :lol:
May 17 2015 09:54am
Quote (balrog66 @ May 17 2015 11:52am)
I'm visiting NYC this summer. The only thing I've heard from others is that Bronx and some of Brooklyn isn't interesting to go to, not specifically avoid at all cost. Harlem isn't even on our visit spot list haha.

I'm hoping the TSA won't grope me too much, I'll be border hopping from Canada :lol:

...Manhattan is where it's at , the center of the universe :thumbsup:
Gold: 285.00
May 17 2015 10:08am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 17 2015 10:54am)

And you might run into Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen :ph34r:
Gold: 1,819.09
May 17 2015 10:20am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 17 2015 11:54am)

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Gold: 678.00
May 17 2015 12:26pm
Yeah we got an appartement on times square for a week..

We're there for Halloween too. I'm expecting some dressed up sloots at the bars and such...

This post was edited by hATemOnkEy on May 17 2015 12:29pm
May 17 2015 02:25pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ May 17 2015 02:26pm)
Yeah we got an appartement on times square for a week..

We're there for Halloween too. I'm expecting some dressed up sloots at the bars and such...

...oh my , you have got to check the Halloween parade in the Village :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll