d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Police Where I Live > Knocked My Friend Clean Out
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,351.00
May 15 2015 03:35pm
Quote (iBruno @ May 15 2015 02:07pm)
looks like a clear case excessive use of force with intent to harm from the video.

not enough reason to slam someone head first on concrete on purpose.

edit: specially after the person was already handcuffed and not fighting or biting, spitting etc

Excessive yes, intent no. I think his emotions got the best of him and he went a bit overboard. When i was 18 and got arrested i was slammed on the hood of my car but with not very much force and honestly i didn't ever think that the cop went too far or whatever. I wasn't resisting or anything but like i said it wasn't a forceful slam so i just thought of it as something badass to tell my friends about.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 15 2015 03:36pm
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2015 03:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 15 2015 08:21pm)
If i was his dad i would have said he deserved it because i would never want a child of mine drunk and disorderly in public.

If i was the chief of police i would have fired the officer because i feel his actions were unwarranted.

You know it is possible to have more than one viewpoint on an issue, not everything is black and white and obviously both people share fault. If you incorrectly place all of the fault on one individual you are making a mistake. Both people share culpability even if its 90%:10%.

so you would be ok to see your son face plant concrete floor coz he got drunk ? i highly doubt that
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 15 2015 04:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 15 2015 12:46pm)
Someone getting fired as a cook i would agree with you. They can simply not put that restaurant on their resume and get another job. If you fire a cop, especially for a misuse of force reason, they will in all likelihood never serve as a cop again. It is impossible for a cop to move from one precinct to another without someone knowing about it. They usually end up as rent-a-cops at the local shopping mall, or work private security. Either way their career is over, state benefits lost, and they can't use their job experience to leverage an equivilent job like most people who get fired from a job. On top of that this guy is getting charged with misdemeanor assault, which is exactly what any person would get for picking up someone and dropping them on cement. He's likely headed to jail for 2-3 months where people will know hes a cop. Seems like justice is served to me. At least for a single instance of tripping someone. There was nothing in the story nor the person who posted here that went on about long term damage, my guess is the guy woke up with a shiner and the cop now has to rearrange his life. Justice served, cries for blood are just childish in comparison to a loss of a career.

Yes subject the guy to getting his ass whooped to avoid a 10-20k$ lawsuit. The guy got dropped on his face not beaten repeatedly with a nightstick. No grand jury would give him more than that, if anything.

Awful cop might not be able to get another Job as a cop - o let me get a kleenex and cry about the mis-justice. :cry:

Seriously, If you look at the Cop who shot that Kid in Cleveland, he had a record of bad police work and that didn't stop him did it from getting employment. They never even did a records check. And at least i Don't know exactly how bad the injury is but it looks like its pretty bad. I think what he did was as bad as say armed robbery or attempted murder even, he seriously could have killed the guy.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 15 2015 04:04pm
Gold: 0.76
May 15 2015 04:27pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 May 2015 15:21)
If i was his dad i would have said he deserved it because i would never want a child of mine drunk and disorderly in public.

If i was the chief of police i would have fired the officer because i feel his actions were unwarranted.

You know it is possible to have more than one viewpoint on an issue, not everything is black and white and obviously both people share fault. If you incorrectly place all of the fault on one individual you are making a mistake. Both people share culpability even if its 90%:10%.

Brett...A cop can't get mad and lose it on a subject and then not charge them in return wtf is that all about? street justice? it's more like the cop get's mad losses it slams the dude down and charges him anyway, we call it street cop justice, the citizen gets screwed both ways.

There is no way to write an excuse for what the cop did, when you are the person in authority and you have the citizen in control, it's your responsibility to transport him safely to the station. Gosh what just happened in Baltimore? how easy would it have been for this guy to have landed full weight and speed on his temple? we could have another Freddie Gray because a cop delivered some street justice. Come on! Are we to give in to this bully system? Can we expect to be beaten if we are picked up by a policeman? Will street justice be the first step in the new legal system if so I'm declaring every state an open carry state.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 15 2015 07:44pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 15 2015 04:04pm)
Awful cop might not be able to get another Job as a cop - o let me get a kleenex and cry about the mis-justice. :cry:

Seriously, If you look at the Cop who shot that Kid in Cleveland, he had a record of bad police work and that didn't stop him did it from getting employment.They never even did a records check. And at least i Don't know exactly how bad the injury is but it looks like its pretty bad. I think what he did was as bad as say armed robbery or attempted murder even, he seriously could have killed the guy.

DOnt strawman me kiddo. Since the get go i have been for better police screening, increased police training, better professionalism for the entire profession. ITT i advocated ticketing in place of physical force.

I dont like this cop getting the "o he gets off scotch free" the family will get a settlement, the cop loses his profession (good thing in this case the cop didnt walk back on the force or hell only knows what people would say), and looking into it i havent found any proof of long lasting harm. No head injuries, nothing.

Is i full justice served? fuck no, is it that guy got off scotch free? fuck no. You cant complain in cases like Tamir Rice and then equate it to this. This is a minor fucking issue with some resolution versus a tragedy that happened due to alot of negligence. Not in the same ballpark.

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ May 15 2015 04:27pm)
Brett...A cop can't get mad and lose it on a subject and then not charge them in return wtf is that all about? street justice? it's more like the cop get's mad losses it slams the dude down and charges him anyway, we call it street cop justice, the citizen gets screwed both ways.

There is no way to write an excuse for what the cop did, when you are the person in authority and you have the citizen in control, it's your responsibility to transport him safely to the station. Gosh what just happened in Baltimore? how easy would it have been for this guy to have landed full weight and speed on his temple? we could have another Freddie Gray because a cop delivered some street justice. Come on! Are we to give in to this bully system? Can we expect to be beaten if we are picked up by a policeman? Will street justice be the first step in the new legal system if so I'm declaring every state an open carry state.

Refer to the above, I advocated ITT for tickets for rowdy people not physical violence.

Quote (-=vasya=- @ May 15 2015 03:36pm)
so you would be ok to see your son face plant concrete floor coz he got drunk ? i highly doubt that

Well the first thing i would do is sue, and win a big settlement. Then i would manage the money for my son and give him a nice lump on hte back of the head for embarrassing our family. Im sorry if having my child in handcuffs on video on the internet drunk isnt my idea of a good christmas card, fuck me right?

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 15 2015 07:46pm
Gold: 1,382.83
May 15 2015 09:27pm
Cop had to prove how much of a man he was
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 15 2015 10:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 15 2015 08:44pm)
DOnt strawman me kiddo. Since the get go i have been for better police screening, increased police training, better professionalism for the entire profession. ITT i advocated ticketing in place of physical force.

I dont like this cop getting the "o he gets off scotch free" the family will get a settlement, the cop loses his profession (good thing in this case the cop didnt walk back on the force or hell only knows what people would say), and looking into it i havent found any proof of long lasting harm. No head injuries, nothing.

Is i full justice served? fuck no, is it that guy got off scotch free? fuck no. You cant complain in cases like Tamir Rice and then equate it to this. This is a minor fucking issue with some resolution versus a tragedy that happened due to alot of negligence. Not in the same ballpark.

I'm not trying to say that would that cop did to Tamir Rice is comparable to this matter,
I'm just saying that before that incident happened, they woulda had similar issues - that being a giant wtf on their records.
And that is not as bad as one might think.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 15 2015 10:09pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll