d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Sneaky Muslims Sneaking In Halal Into My Food
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2015 04:04pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 14 May 2015 21:52)
Sorry, instead of just a gest post, I took it as a serious topic to mention the practice of Halal which is cruel and unnecessary.
Stunning can make halal more humane, however there are problems even with stunning and animals regaining consciousness for a variety of factors. There's no reason to use halal slaughter with or without stunning when the Western method essentially instantly kills the animals. The 1st cow in the vid I posted shows how fast it is. Why dilly dally with other methods to appease a religious belief.

Cool. But halal fish...?

Also 'halal' is not a practice. Halal just means 'allowed' as opposed to haram which means 'forbidden'.

Thus halal meat is slaughtered using the halal 'allowed' method.

The video you posted was pretty fucking horrific even for someone like me who has killed countless animals by hand. But most of them do not use the halal method of slaughter. It is supposed to be a quick clean cut to the throat, severing the arteries and windpipe and causing almost instant unconsciousness. Not hacking through the back of the neck and head to expose the brain.

That's the problem with the RSPCA and PETA and similar organisations. The videos they release are of the most brutal and disturbing nature you can find and they use them to argue against practices which are not nearly as horrific. You have to take what they show you with a pinch of salt. By and large the Halal and Kosher methods of slaughter are much quicker and far less brutal than what this video shows.
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
May 14 2015 04:12pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ May 14 2015 11:39pm)
ethical kill in a slaughterhouse

farm animals and ethical don't really go together.

This post was edited by Gastly on May 14 2015 04:28pm
May 14 2015 04:25pm
Quote (Gastly @ 14 May 2015 22:12)
farm animals and ethical don't really go together.

Ethical kills are the hunter's domain.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 14 2015 04:27pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 14 2015 05:04pm)
Cool. But halal fish...?

Also 'halal' is not a practice. Halal just means 'allowed' as opposed to haram which means 'forbidden'.

Thus halal meat is slaughtered using the halal 'allowed' method.

The video you posted was pretty fucking horrific even for someone like me who has killed countless animals by hand. But most of them do not use the halal method of slaughter. It is supposed to be a quick clean cut to the throat, severing the arteries and windpipe and causing almost instant unconsciousness. Not hacking through the back of the neck and head to expose the brain.

That's the problem with the RSPCA and PETA and similar organisations. The videos they release are of the most brutal and disturbing nature you can find and they use them to argue against practices which are not nearly as horrific. You have to take what they show you with a pinch of salt. By and large the Halal and Kosher methods of slaughter are much quicker and far less brutal than what this video shows.

So show Video of this more Humane method - if one actually exist - should be easy right?
Gold: 0.76
May 14 2015 04:51pm
I was watching a video a couple weeks ago . They were invoking Allah's name to calm goats and put them into a trance before killing them using halal, the goats barely knew what happened, but these guys were gentle and respectful and knowledgeable they sliced the animals neck with a good knife deep and from side to side it was dead is seconds.

Quote (card_sultan @ 14 May 2015 16:24)
Definately hard to watch.

But without a question, "Halal" death is more 100x more cruel and harkens back to a time where a sharp knife was the height of Mans weapons.

I was shocked to see the other animals watching their friends be slaughtered and could only imagine the fear they must be experiencing.

How barbaric

Farm animals don't watch in fear, they cover their eyes with their hooves....really? how urban are you? you can butcher a hog in a feed lot and his little buddies will stand around in a circle and help you pull the intestines out, they'll fight over the other organs, Heck it's hard to keep the heart and liver. I can assure you the only scared one is me.. I read Animal Farm

May 14 2015 04:54pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 May 2015 22:27)
So show Video of this more Humane method - if one actually exist - should be easy right?

Not hard to find them... They're all over the place. I'm just not gonna risk warn by posting graphic content like that... mods love me.

To be honest the sheep at the beginning of the originally posted video is unconscious almost instantly. I would say that's a very humane kill right there.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 14 2015 04:54pm
Gold: 109.01
May 14 2015 05:12pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 14 2015 05:54pm)
Not hard to find them... They're all over the place. I'm just not gonna risk warn by posting graphic content like that... mods love me.

To be honest the sheep at the beginning of the originally posted video is unconscious almost instantly. I would say that's a very humane kill right there.

I would say all the halal method kills in that vid were text book clean (how ridiculously sharp is that knife used on the cow @4:06 and no hacking from the back like you suggested anywhere), it's still inferior to the captive bolt method as shown in the first cow example it started with. I stand by "There's no reason to use halal slaughter with or without stunning when the Western method essentially instantly kills the animals."

I eat meat, hunt and grew up on a farm, so I have slaughtered my fair share of animals, so I'm not in the dark about what that entails. Halal method is inferior to captive bolt slaughter for just about all animals but horses. It's still being practiced to appease sky-daddy's practitioners dogma. It wouldnt matter if a method can be shown to be 100% effective with 0% suffering, the neck-beards will continue with halal throat slicing because its what the "good book" says. That's one of my main criticisms, that dogma is put first over the well being of the animal.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 14 2015 05:25pm
May 14 2015 05:24pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 14 May 2015 23:12)
I would say all the halal method kills in that vid were text book clean (how ridiculously sharp is that knife used on the cow @4:06 and no hacking from the back like you suggested anywhere), it's still inferior to the captive bolt method as shown in the first cow example it started with. I stand by "There's no reason to use halal slaughter with or without stunning when the Western method essentially instantly kills the animals."

I eat meat, hunt and grew up on a farm, so I have slaughtered my fair share of animals, so I'm not in the dark about what that entails. Halal method is inferior to captive bolt slaughter for just about all animals but horses. It's still being practiced to appease sky-daddy's practitioners dogma.

I do agree with you that it is less humane... but not by much and I don't think it should be disallowed purely on that basis - just regulated to ensure it is done in the most humane way possible. Deep cuts in the right place, sharp blades etc.

A lot of what you see with animals twitching etc, looks like they're still conscious when they aren't. It honestly doesn't take more than a few seconds to lose consciousness once the carotid is severed. It's not as clean and pretty as bolt slaughter but it isn't that much less effective.
May 14 2015 06:12pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 9,039.20
May 14 2015 06:55pm
Never seen that Halalal crap on my hotdogs or bacon, stick to real wholesome foods and you won't have to worry about whether or not your tofu pita flatbread crap is Islam or not.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll