d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Hrw Decries Use Of Force In Us Prison System > On Mentally Ill Inmates
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 14 2015 11:39am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2015 12:30pm)
Lol your strawman skills are strong sir. Im not saying that people should be forced to abort because of the presence of mental illness. Im saying there should be mandatory preventative birth control for those with and only with genetically passable illnesses. I never said anything about abortion either until you brought it up. I only see abortion as a mandatory option for EXTREMELY severe cases where damage to the unborn fetus is a foregone conclusion based on past cases of self abuse by that same person. No conjecture, simply studying the past of that individual patient.

you said:
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2015 10:54am)
(especially due to the sickeningly high % of mentally ill who are sexually abused)

It's not the mentally ill who are sexual abused, its the sexually abused who usually develop mental illness, so your entire argument about forcing sexually abused women [some Men too] (Or the victim of trauma - aka - the "Mentally Ill") to be forced to use Birth Control so they won't pass on their damaged genes is just so wrong.

Didnt you say something about the cause of Gay is because Gays have the Gay gene too (coulda been somebody else , not sure really it was a few weeks ago)

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 14 2015 11:49am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 14 2015 11:47am
Quote (card_sultan @ May 14 2015 11:39am)
you said:

It's not the mentally ill who are sexual abused, its the sexually abused who usually develop mental illness, so your entire argument about forcing sexually abused women [some Men too](Or the victim of trauma - aka - the "Mentally Ill") is just so wrong.

your either misinterpreting my statement OR your twisting my words intentionally.

NO that statement has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with those who suffer mental issues as a result of sexual abuse. It is in reference to the actual % who are born with mental illnesses that are later abused. My fiancee could tell you all of the stats, i can not, she has repeatedly relayed to me the sickening numbers of people born with illnesses who will later be abused sexually.

Didnt you say something about the cause of Gay is because Gays have the Gay gene too (coulda been somebody else , not sure really it was a few weeks ago)

Not only do i not understand what that statement means, i have never uttered anything close to it. I am 100% pro lgbt rights and always have been. also not sure how thats on topic unless you're trying to tie in eugenics again. There are actually proven genetic traits of mental illness that in some cases should not be passed down, i dont know if you acknowledge that or if youre just overstating my position still that all mentally ill should be subjected to birth control. Thats no where near my position.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 14 2015 11:57am
May 14 2015 11:58am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2015 12:47pm)
your either misinterpreting my statement OR your twisting my words intentionally.

NO that statement has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with those who suffer mental issues as a result of sexual abuse. It is in reference to the actual % who are born with mental illnesses that are later abused. My fiancee could tell you all of the stats, i can not, she has repeatedly relayed to me the sickening numbers of people born with illnesses who will later be abused sexually.

So we should diagnose Mental illness in childhood, and basically all women have the potential to be raped and likely develop some type of Mental illness
of course its never the mans fault for rape, if she doesn't want it - she's obviously mentally ill.

Is this a man excuses for rape thread?

i have never uttered anything close to it. I am 100% pro lgbt rights and always have been. also not sure how that's on topic unless you're trying to tie in eugenics again.

Yeah i was relating the idea of the Gay gene being tied to Eugenics, I wasn't sure if you said it it was a bit ago.

i dont know if you acknowledge that or if youre just overstating my position still that all mentally ill should be subjected to birth control. Thats no where near my position.

I agree that there is a vast difference between those deemed suffering from "Institutionalized-able" Mental illness not brought on from mental trauma - and those suffering from the temporary effects of traumatic Mental stress. An important distinction that was not made clear in your blanket statements.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 14 2015 12:13pm
May 14 2015 12:01pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 14 2015 11:58am)
So we should diagnose Mental illness in childhood, and basically all women have the potential to be raped and likely develop some type of Mental illness
of course its never the mans fault for rape, if she doesn't want it - she's obviously mentally ill.

dude seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? none of what you're spewing is ANYWHERE near my position. like at all. like not a single thing is something i advocate or even am talking about. YOU brought up rape of the mentally SANE, mental illness from the trauma of rape, and abortion onto the table. None of those subjects were what i was talking about whatsoever. Im talking about conditions like downs syndrome or severe irreversible autism. Both of which have high rates of sexual abuse. Autism cannot be accurately diagnosed in early childhood but by the age where birth control is needed it is 100% diognosable. Not all autistics fit the bill either, only a VERY small percent.

I agree that there is a vast difference between those deemed suffering from "Institutionalized-able" Mental illness not brought on from mental trauma - and those suffering from the temporary effects of traumatic Mental stress. An important distinction that was not made clear in your blanket statements.

so you were unclear about which people i was talking about and jumped to the conclusion that i was talking about women that have been raped into insanity? quite the leap of logic IMO, and then you started in with wierd statements about how im somehow pro-rape and think its the woman's fault. Just a strange logical path that was so far off base from what i was talking about that i didnt even get the connection.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 14 2015 12:22pm
Gold: 0.76
May 14 2015 12:24pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 May 2015 12:58)

Dude I don't know what it is but quit bogarting man!!

That's gotta be some grade A stuff !
May 14 2015 12:24pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2015 01:01pm)
dude seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? none of what you're spewing is ANYWHERE near my position. like at all. like not a single thing is something i advocate or even am talking about. YOU brought up rape, mental illness from the trauma of rape, and abortion onto the table. None of those subjects were what i was talking about whatsoever. Im talking about conditions like downs syndrome or severe irreversible autism. Both of which have high rates of sexual abuse. Autism cannot be accurately diagnosed in early childhood but by the age where birth control is needed it is 100% diognosable. Not all autistics fit the bill either, only a VERY small percent.

Yeah i don't associate the term "Mental illness" with Autism or Down Syndrome, in fact people with those conditions are often very nice sociable people.
I tend to refer to people with Autism or Down Syndrome as people first. Are some "mentally ill", probably - they are just as susceptible to trauma as anyone else. Even more so from people who don't think they are even people and believe they already suffer from a "mental illness".

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 14 2015 12:28pm
May 14 2015 12:28pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 14 2015 12:24pm)
Yeah i don't associate the term "Mental illness" with Autism or Down Syndrome, in fact people with those conditions are often very nice sociable people.
I tend to refer to people with Autism or Down Syndrome as people first. Are some "mentally ill", probably - they are just as susceptible to trauma as anyone else. Even more so from people who don't think they are even people and believe they already suffer from a "mental illness".

i was using those two as an example, the main condition is simply the inability to credibly accuse someone of sexual abuse. Any person who has a condition that makes them susceptible to sexual abuse because of their inability to accuse someone (because people wouldnt believe them due to their mental illness) is who i am speaking about using proactive birth control with, not necessarily abortion.

Im not interested in semantics, the term mental illness was meant to represent nothing but the above, a lack of mental credibility for accusation.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 14 2015 12:29pm
May 14 2015 12:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2015 01:28pm)
the main condition is simply the inability to credibly accuse someone of sexual abuse.

Look Im not trying to demonize you, but you keep putting your foot in your mouth and that statement is incredulously arrogant, misinformed, just plain wrong and frankly a bit disgusting. I understand your main point - but when it's made up of tiny statements of mistruths, it really makes me wonder about your impetus for saying such things.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 14 2015 12:46pm
May 14 2015 12:53pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 14 2015 12:42pm)
Look Im not trying to demonize you, but you keep putting your foot in your mouth and that statement is incredulously arrogant, misinformed, just plain wrong and frankly a bit disgusting. I understand your main point - but when it's made up of tiny statements of mistruths, it really makes me wonder about your impetus for saying such things.

My fiancee is a special education teacher. trust me i completely understand people first language, and work with her once to twice a month to help special needs students if it fits my schedule. The entire point your making is noted, but the term "mentally ill" wasnt meant to represent the group you thought it was. I wasnt knowingly being arrogant nor am i at all misinformed. I get a lecture on the issues of special education literally every night over dinner. There is no specific term for the group of people i was referring to so i chose a random label and continually addressed them as that label, the misuse of that label has nothing to do with the detail of my argument nor is it openly bigoted simply a misallocation of a label due to the lack of an appropriate one.
Gold: Locked
May 14 2015 01:15pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 14 2015 07:49am)
...the mentally ill are treated horribly and they treat their guardians horribly no matter where they are institutionalized . There is no magic bullet to fix it other then drugging them into a stupor .

Sadly this is true.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll