d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Wanna Make A Char
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 190.24
May 9 2015 09:28pm
I've only played this game briefly like 5 years ago.
Just looking for suggestions on a char that is the least gear dependent as I don't want to spend much fg
Probably going to play solo as well since I don't know anyone that plays

Might just roll a rogue and see how long it takes til I can't progress without buying gear

This post was edited by Virtue on May 9 2015 09:35pm
Gold: 50,062.31
May 9 2015 09:40pm
Best char for solo is a barbarian imo. Put points immediately into vita as you level up. Stat vita up to 85 at least. After that, put all points into strength.

For weapons, cheapest by far is clubs. You can get 55+ EE tier 3 club for 1 fg on softcore, I'm certain of it. For Lv 5, get a 70+ EE club for 1 fg. After that, the price may go up a little for each level.

Get +XX strength charms. For armor, I suggest chain mail with EE.

These items (clubs, chain mail, charms) will last you from barbarian to samurai to paladin. When and if you succeed to pass to monk, you'll need new gear. By then, you should be able to decide whether you like the game or not.
Gold: 7,203.34
May 9 2015 11:39pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 9 2015 10:40pm)
Best char for solo is a barbarian imo. Put points immediately into vita as you level up. Stat vita up to 85 at least. After that, put all points into strength.

For weapons, cheapest by far is clubs. You can get 55+ EE tier 3 club for 1 fg on softcore, I'm certain of it. For Lv 5, get a 70+ EE club for 1 fg. After that, the price may go up a little for each level.

Get +XX strength charms. For armor, I suggest chain mail with EE.

These items (clubs, chain mail, charms) will last you from barbarian to samurai to paladin. When and if you succeed to pass to monk, you'll need new gear. By then, you should be able to decide whether you like the game or not.

Samurai's can use clubs? :wacko:

I'd go with a barb and try to buy a few cheap swords. You will be able to use them on the next two classes if you pass the master quest. Buy any leather/scale/chain with enhanced effect on it for every 5-10 levels if possible. And buy charms with strength on them, the higher the better of course. Don't forget to pick up garbage items and use the shrine in town to regenerate your health faster. This setup will get you to monk if you can pass the first 3 classes. Sent you a little bit of fg to use towards buying a couple cheap items which will make the game much more enjoyable then just playing with the garbage you find. Best of luck :santa:

Gold: 190.24
May 10 2015 07:19am
Thanks for the info guys
And thanks for the donation Bruno
But I'm having a problem, everytime I hit play ladder slasher then hit play as virtue my web browser exits out

I think it's because when I was trying to find an available name I tried making "tyrael"
It let me make it then instantly exited my browser and now exits everytime.
I assume the name is already in use by someone else so it's erroring. Is there anyway to get a moderator to delete that char for me

This post was edited by Virtue on May 10 2015 07:27am
Gold: 50,062.31
May 10 2015 03:18pm
Quote (BrunoMars @ May 10 2015 01:39am)
Samurai's can use clubs? :wacko:

I'd go with a barb and try to buy a few cheap swords. You will be able to use them on the next two classes if you pass the master quest. Buy any leather/scale/chain with enhanced effect on it for every 5-10 levels if possible. And buy charms with strength on them, the higher the better of course. Don't forget to pick up garbage items and use the shrine in town to regenerate your health faster. This setup will get you to monk if you can pass the first 3 classes. Sent you a little bit of fg to use towards buying a couple cheap items which will make the game much more enjoyable then just playing with the garbage you find. Best of luck :santa:

Oops... brain fart.
Gold: 130.96
Trader: Trusted
May 10 2015 04:42pm
Fighter is the best solo class for feeder. Barb is appealing because of its 10 extra starting Vit but you get more per point in power strike. As it is your main skill I'd go with fighter.

Then again, it's all up to opinion. Some might say rogue because it's a detector and can use all weapons. Some might say Mage because casting is stronger than melee and no one would ever suggest guardian for any purpose... For any situation. No sane player at least.
Gold: 1,230.06
May 16 2015 04:49pm
Thanks for the info, new player here and i started mage and it was not going so smooth! Barb is going way better for me!
Gold: 1,736.94
May 17 2015 03:01pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll