d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Newcomers Day (jour-fixe) > Help And Dont Complain
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,410.65
Apr 28 2015 04:52am
Quote (frothyshoes @ Apr 28 2015 11:31pm)
If there's any experienced person that can help me climb this weekend I would appreciate it. Just 1 climb, or a few more levels for me would be great, thanks everyone.

E/ not looking for donations of any sort, just someone to climb with for a little bit. Referring to izParagonzi's post above.

Sorry... the initial post was not in reference to you personally... people will help you out with a climb.
Gold: 7,863.56
Apr 28 2015 05:17am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 28 2015 05:54am)
What I personally hate about this thread... WE THE PLAYERS are making newcomers play the game with OUR GEAR, OUR TIME, OUR DEVOTION... and you know what is really FUCKING STUPID... the creator DOES FUCK ALL BUT GIVE TIDBITS. Yeap.. I will undoubtedly get susspended for my post... but think about it... I PERSONALLY Have given away GODLY items in competitions, and not only that, BUT, others have followed suite and got SHIT on because idiots can NOT read... ANYWAY, why should YOU, MYSELF and OTHERS GIVE AWAY things that WE have found and spent our TIME obtaining to keep a game alive where PAUL does NOT even listen to those that stick around and contribute to this GREAT game... yes it is GREAT... but... if he can not LISTEN and try... THEN why should we help him when HE DOES NOT help us SUPPORTING HIS GAME????????.... note... copy/pasted for later reference... thank you all for your time.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=234344

Your activity is apparently dictated by your attitude.
Gold: 138,635.13
Trader: Trusted
Apr 28 2015 05:46am
Quote (Paparick @ 28 Apr 2015 12:17)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=234344

Your activity is apparently dictated by your attitude.

i would have eventually said it in a more friendly and diplomatic way but i can understand rex..
i would love to hear a word from paul about ls.. and even it is just like:

ok i made the game harder like you all saw.. i will see how it is going and try to improve xyz.. or balance xyz... or or or..

as it is atm he would really get bad grades from me if i were his teacher.. people paying for the game and he is earning money with it.. so i think it is his duty to do at least a minimum of communication.
it doesnt need to be as great as it was short before the update (really great job there paul :hail: )
but just 1 little post every week.. and a few mins work here and there with some modifications.. he said he changed the ls (flash player based to html) to make it easier to change something.. but i really didnt see a lot of that.

on topic: i cant help regularly with carrying people at fixed times.. but i have been helping here and there for a long time now.. i am mostly willing to help people out with advice or gameplay if they are motivated to play too and not just sit there afk.
Gold: 1,736.94
Apr 28 2015 08:00am
I left a girlfriend (many years ago) and the direct feeling at the moment of the cut was horrible. Expecting her to change were my biggest mistakes.
But I had tried everything before to keep the relation stable and loving. Thats what still today gives me a good feeling about the whole thing after leaving her.

2 days to go.

This post was edited by Verdun on Apr 28 2015 08:04am
Gold: 2,206.30
Apr 29 2015 01:26am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 28 Apr 2015 02:54)
What I personally hate about this thread... WE THE PLAYERS are making newcomers play the game with OUR GEAR, OUR TIME, OUR DEVOTION... and you know what is really FUCKING STUPID... the creator DOES FUCK ALL BUT GIVE TIDBITS. Yeap.. I will undoubtedly get susspended for my post... but think about it... I PERSONALLY Have given away GODLY items in competitions, and not only that, BUT, others have followed suite and got SHIT on because idiots can NOT read... ANYWAY, why should YOU, MYSELF and OTHERS GIVE AWAY things that WE have found and spent our TIME obtaining to keep a game alive where PAUL does NOT even listen to those that stick around and contribute to this GREAT game... yes it is GREAT... but... if he can not LISTEN and try... THEN why should we help him when HE DOES NOT help us SUPPORTING HIS GAME????????.... note... copy/pasted for later reference... thank you all for your time.

Quote (Verdun @ 25 Apr 2015 11:08)
Hi all,

here is a constructive attempt to bring some new people to the game.
It needs active help from many of us - as long as we exist here ... I think it is necessary if we dont want to extinct in a short time.

We should organize a regularly run, where 3-4 experienced players carry 1-2 new players, explaining the game and leaving drops, maybe already owned items to them if they seem to be worth it at a jour-fixe weekly.

The jour-fixe should be every thursday evening at 18:30 of these local time points.
Because we live in different time zones, a US and a European point of time is the choice.

Every player willing to join should just hang around scanning the players online and be active to organize the runs, if enough pros and ofc at least 1 newb shows up. if you can find someone to join as a newb, bring him/her !
Clans could write this to theire webpages, joining players or at least supporters of this could carry a message in the personal profile and underneath the message as a fix text.
Something short, invitating and giving the necessary facts.

Ideas how to make this better are welcome, if we could make it start a regularly event, the jour-fixe gets better known and will draw new players to our game, open new markets, teach that helping and sharing is fun.

If you accord to this :

Be there next thursday and wait at least from 18:30 until 19:00 of your local time - and resist a full run of experienced players.
Write into your profile etc. about this.
Be willing to run 4 hours for 1 GP and select what you can give away.
Show that you are a person of deed, not talk.

Hope to see many,

Verdun

Please, tell me if I missed it, but I do not see anywhere in here where it says we need to lend/give gear...

If you choose to devote time to helping new players, or give them gear, that is very gracious of you, But, that is your decision, and your actions, and no one is to blame for that.

Games have kinks and bugs, games go through changes, the way games are now days, its the community that really affects a game.
With the attitude of yours and others, I can see why the games user base has fallen...

Again, if you wish to post and help out, or have an idea to IMPROVE the OP's post, awesome :)

Otherwise your thoughts may be kept to yourself.

This post was edited by bodierox on Apr 29 2015 01:54am
Apr 29 2015 12:49pm
... and counting !

Once again, yes to the above : This was never meant to give gear or help people get Guild Points. Thanks for constructive postings though.

One day to go.
Gold: 2,804.09
Apr 30 2015 05:13am
i work tonight so i will not be able to pop on to be apart of this, but ill see if i can help a new player out before work :)
Gold: 522.44
Apr 30 2015 05:19am
I'm going to make it a personal mission to make sure faff continues to slash. A group of us climbed with him yesterday and even though he's not the best clicker in the world, he seems to find some kind of enjoyment from the game.

Faff! You will be mine! Oh yes, you will be mine!
Gold: 7,863.56
Apr 30 2015 05:59am
Quote (Ryanrules @ Apr 30 2015 08:19am)
I'm going to make it a personal mission to make sure faff continues to slash. A group of us climbed with him yesterday and even though he's not the best clicker in the world, he seems to find some kind of enjoyment from the game.

Faff! You will be mine! Oh yes, you will be mine!

Sounds kinky :)
Apr 30 2015 07:14am
Ok people lets see what happens today.

If anyone wants to sell or loan some items (max. level 40), put them on the MP from now on for 5.55 fg so I can find them easily, checking every 15 minutes at least.
They will be given back after loaning, so pm me which item was yours and I will contact you to return them for the same price. If you nn them anymore, just put them on and dont comment anything.

I will report here the first to third jour fixe, so interested helpers / new players can check the evolution.

Zero and counting down ...
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll