d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > New Specialization Stuff
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 208,274.67
Apr 23 2015 12:29pm
Holy moly crapstorm of people not understanding one bit and whining about all their ''hard work'' going lost.

Am I the only one who's happy that they throw away a shit system and implement something decent?

For those who don't keep up on infos
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-one-a-primer/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

This post was edited by eekzie on Apr 23 2015 12:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2015 12:54pm
Looks way better than the initial skill system.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 23 2015 10:50pm
Looks like they're dumbing down the game a little bit.
Less options. Less variables.

Doesn't seem like you can get boon duration and condition duration on traits anymore either.

Builds might just be pure cookie cutter now.

At the same time, I'm glad they're implementing a new system so theory-crafters like me can have some fun again, even if it's dumbed down.

This is definitely a buff to celestial classes like Elementalist.
But I don't like that every class is getting more armor. Just makes the content even easier and continues to not punish berserker.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 23 2015 11:17pm
Banned
Warn: 20%
Apr 24 2015 08:54am
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 23 2015 08:50pm)
Looks like they're dumbing down the game a little bit.
Less options. Less variables.

Doesn't seem like you can get boon duration and condition duration on traits anymore either.

Builds might just be pure cookie cutter now.

At the same time, I'm glad they're implementing a new system so theory-crafters like me can have some fun again, even if it's dumbed down.

This is definitely a buff to celestial classes like Elementalist.
But I don't like that every class is getting more armor. Just makes the content even easier and continues to not punish berserker.

Preeeeetty sure builds in GW2 can't be any more dumbed down.
Gold: 2,685.00
Apr 24 2015 10:40am
I miss GW 1 skill system. Hundreds of potential skills, but only 8 slots. Choose wisely.
Gold: 30,884.00
Apr 24 2015 01:11pm
they are pretty slow on this kind of trait system, most mmo already follow this path.
Gold: 212.00
Apr 25 2015 03:44pm
Feels like a graphical change and a big illusion of "something new"

* Most meta builds only use 3 lines anyway, save a couple variations of GS medi/burst
This change won't effect anything other than making it easier for novice players to be forced in to using meta

* Traiting is pretty much the same but now all of the best shit you get for free "such as grenadier, read the wind, ground-cast wells"
Plus your choice of new traits to replace the old required traits

* Absence of trait stats and increase of gear stats
Now this may shift meta around actually. Some builds as example "let's say medi/burst guardian wearing serk"
Gets his misc. +300 toughness off that defensive trait line, which is just enough defense bonus to do what he needs to do
But without these types of trait boosts, will be still be able to get away with running full serk?
There are plenty of other examples to go along with the above
Banned
Warn: 20%
Apr 25 2015 03:50pm
Being able to use 3 GM traits is going to be huge... I'm not sure you fully understand the changes coming.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 25 2015 04:08pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Apr 25 2015 01:44pm)
Feels like a graphical change and a big illusion of "something new"

* Most meta builds only use 3 lines anyway, save a couple variations of GS medi/burst
This change won't effect anything other than making it easier for novice players to be forced in to using meta

* Traiting is pretty much the same but now all of the best shit you get for free "such as grenadier, read the wind, ground-cast wells"
Plus your choice of new traits to replace the old required traits

* Absence of trait stats and increase of gear stats
Now this may shift meta around actually. Some builds as example "let's say medi/burst guardian wearing serk"
Gets his misc. +300 toughness off that defensive trait line, which is just enough defense bonus to do what he needs to do
But without these types of trait boosts, will be still be able to get away with running full serk?
There are plenty of other examples to go along with the above

Gear is getting increased. He can get that just by putting on 220 more toughness in his gear. (+ the 80 base they're giving)

But honestly the traits are way different. Guardians can get 100% crit chance without even trying now.

Builds are going to be insanely different.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 25 2015 04:10pm
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll