d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Run Mikey Run > Another One Joins The Pool Of Nutters?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Apr 18 2015 08:48am
I usually try not to use the same publication for two sources of information on a topic but I couldn't pass these up. Isn't there anybody minding the store at the national party headquarters for the Republicans? I mean Cruz, Rubio, and now Huckabee? And these are just the village idiots! not the reasonably stupid politicians.

Do any of you see Huckabee as a serious candidate? I know he has gotten support in the past But really he displays the least amount of intelligence of anyone that has even whispered interest in running.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/mike-huckabee-president-top-reads

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/04/david-barton-gingrich-bachmann-huckabee

At the American Family Association's Rediscover God in America conference last month, Huckabee sang Barton's praises. "I just wish that every single young person in America would be able to be under his tutelage, and understand something about who we really are as a nation," Huckabee said. "I almost wish that there would be…a simultaneous telecast, and all Americans would be forced—forced at gunpoint, no less—to listen to every David Barton message, and I think our country would be better for it." Gingrich recently said he "never listento David Barton without learning a whole lot of new things. It's amazing how much he knows and how consistently he applies that knowledge."

Barton concocts his arguments about American history from highly selective, professionally debunked readings of founding documents—some 100,000 of which he's ferreted away in a vault in WallBuilders' Aledo, Texas, headquarters. His life's mission is to restore what he regards as the broken relationship between church and state. Through WallBuilders, Barton publishes books and finances a virtually nonstop speaking tour that, over the past two decades, has turned him into a superstar of the religious right.

Barton promotes the idea of a "stolen legacy": that the Christian history that birthed the United States and nurtured its national consciousness has been deliberately obscured by liberals. America's religious history, according to Barton, has been covered up through a concerted movement to deny the facts. It's a "a very powerful, validating force for people in the religious Right…'We are the real inheritors of this nation,'" Boston says.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Apr 18 2015 08:50am
Gold: 500.00
Apr 18 2015 09:09am
don't know why republicans have such a strong aversion to reality
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 18 2015 09:57am
Huckabee has no shot... he's like ralph nader. all he will do is fuck up another republican's chances by being a vote snatcher biting ankles.

This post was edited by AspenSniper on Apr 18 2015 09:57am
Gold: 285.00
Apr 18 2015 11:18am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 18 2015 10:57am)
Huckabee has no shot... he's like ralph nader. all he will do is fuck up another republican's chances by being a vote snatcher biting ankles.

In the best day of his life Huckabee couldn't hold Ralph Nader's jockstrap.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 18 2015 12:15pm
The reason there will be 10+ Repub candidates is they want to get some of the almost 1 trillion dollars that the Koch brothers and various anonymous pacts will be spending to try and defeat the Dems. And then on stage we can learn how the Obama created National Debt and every evil ever....

On a side note - did anyone see John Stewart rip Dick Cheney a new asshole the other night by showing how he did more than anyone to strengthen Iran.
Wow it was awesome. He deserves a medal, no wonder he's set to retire - he has stopped pulling his punches and is swinging for the seats now.

Another Home Run - I love it.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 18 2015 12:28pm
Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are their best and brightest at this time. Rubio should have yielded to his mentor, it isn't his time yet....he has some interesting platform positions but I don't think he has the political will or capital.

Rand Paul has both, and Jeb Bush has pedigree and quite a machine behind him.

Due to some presence of mental illness within me I do have Libertarian tendencies and opinions in many areas and I'm rooting for Paul out of this current bunch, despite my committal to American Liberalism.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 18 2015 12:30pm
Gold: 0.76
Apr 18 2015 12:31pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 18 Apr 2015 13:15)
The reason there will be 10+ Repub candidates is they want to get some of the almost 1 trillion dollars that the Koch brothers and various anonymous pacts will be spending to try and defeat the Dems. And then on stage we can learn how the Obama created National Debt and every evil ever....

On a side note - did anyone see John Stewart rip Dick Cheney a new asshole the other night by showing how he did more than anyone to strengthen Iran.
Wow it was awesome. He deserves a medal, no wonder he's set to retire - he has stopped pulling his punches and is swinging for the seats now.

Another Home Run - I love it.

I did see a funny medley that the TYT's put together listing all of the disasters and maladys blamed on Hilliary already it was funny but really sad when you stop to think about the people just eating the shit that fox squeezes out like some giant pla-doh slash scat media machine.
Gold: Locked
Apr 18 2015 01:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 18 2015 11:28am)
Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are their best and brightest at this time. Rubio should have yielded to his mentor, it isn't his time yet....he has some interesting platform positions but I don't think he has the political will or capital.

Rand Paul has both, and Jeb Bush has pedigree and quite a machine behind him.

Due to some presence of mental illness within me I do have Libertarian tendencies and opinions in many areas and I'm rooting for Paul out of this current bunch, despite my committal to American Liberalism.

I think Rubio is just running token appearances at this point.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2015 01:30pm
Rand would definitely be my choice out of these horrible options
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 18 2015 01:35pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Apr 18 2015 01:31pm)
I did see a funny medley that the TYT's put together listing all of the disasters and maladys blamed on Hilliary already it was funny but really sad when you stop to think about the people just eating the shit that fox squeezes out like some giant pla-doh slash scat media machine.

here's the video of Jon destroying Dick Cheney's logic - he takes ripping to new levels

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/TheDailyShow?vid=591670

that's a Canadian link, not sure if it works
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll