d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Maplestory 1 & 2 > Mini Ironman Mode > Maplestory Style
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Apr 16 2015 08:41pm
Hi guys, so I decided to make a new character and I wanna do it with a little twist this time, and also keep track of how long this guy takes me to level, and how far I come from today!

I think it'll be cool to keep progress, and you guys can tune in if you want. Pretty much just copying the runescape forum tbh

My rules:

No using any preexisting items, mesos or link skills that are on my account
No buying gear from other people, this means that all the actual equipment I want, i have to find on my own.
I'm allowed to sell anything I want to other people, but I can only buy certain items from people such as scrolls and cubes
I want to keep my interaction with others to a minimum, the selling is just so I can fund myself with potions and store bought gear and stuff like that :)
Last rule is that I can't use link skills from previous characters, but I may make some characters on the side for link skills specfically for this mini ironman character !

Anyways the main point here isn't the rules, its just to see how far I've come when I look back at all the achievements I've made on this topic!

Hope at least one person enjoys xD

Gold: 6.90
Apr 16 2015 10:32pm
Quote (Soroush @ Apr 16 2015 09:41pm)
Hi guys, so I decided to make a new character and I wanna do it with a little twist this time, and also keep track of how long this guy takes me to level, and how far I come from today!

I think it'll be cool to keep progress, and you guys can tune in if you want. Pretty much just copying the runescape forum tbh

My rules:

No using any preexisting items, mesos or link skills that are on my account
No buying gear from other people, this means that all the actual equipment I want, i have to find on my own.
I'm allowed to sell anything I want to other people, but I can only buy certain items from people such as scrolls and cubes
I want to keep my interaction with others to a minimum, the selling is just so I can fund myself with potions and store bought gear and stuff like that :)
Last rule is that I can't use link skills from previous characters, but I may make some characters on the side for link skills specfically for this mini ironman character !

Anyways the main point here isn't the rules, its just to see how far I've come when I look back at all the achievements I've made on this topic!

Hope at least one person enjoys xD
http://i.imgur.com/sAqMtnV.png
http://i.imgur.com/UwYplWU.png

Why not make a new account, unless you want the new link mules you make usable in the future?
Also play in a stupidly new/dead server.
With how things are now, its meh~
I restarted many times before (Most of em mainly from me quitting and dropping all gears and changing password)
I made a zero the latest time I played, instant lvl200 with no help with anyone and made my own mesos.
Honestly not hard to do (Hit 1m per line for 12lines and stuff)
If you want a real challenge, play the game normally with new account and if you die once, quit.
No using mana potions, health potions allowed. (Chairs are your best friend)
No selling equipment, etc, or use for mesos. ALL MESOS must be looted. Since drop rate for equips are stupid fast now
And you can only pick between these jobs.
Angelic buster, demon slayer, wild hunter (I think i spelled that right), mercedes, miihile, or jett
I say these because the others are too easy and not enough challenge.

If you dont like these stuff, then you honestly can't say you're doing anything different than restarting a new account.
Retired Moderator
Apr 16 2015 11:27pm
Quote (Uguu @ Apr 16 2015 11:32pm)
Why not make a new account, unless you want the new link mules you make usable in the future?
Also play in a stupidly new/dead server.
With how things are now, its meh~
I restarted many times before (Most of em mainly from me quitting and dropping all gears and changing password)
I made a zero the latest time I played, instant lvl200 with no help with anyone and made my own mesos.
Honestly not hard to do (Hit 1m per line for 12lines and stuff)
If you want a real challenge, play the game normally with new account and if you die once, quit.
No using mana potions, health potions allowed. (Chairs are your best friend)
No selling equipment, etc, or use for mesos. ALL MESOS must be looted. Since drop rate for equips are stupid fast now
And you can only pick between these jobs.
Angelic buster, demon slayer, wild hunter (I think i spelled that right), mercedes, miihile, or jett
I say these because the others are too easy and not enough challenge.

If you dont like these stuff, then you honestly can't say you're doing anything different than restarting a new account.

I'm not really going for too much of a challenge, and I wanna use these characters with the rest of them so same account/server.

this is mostly just to track my progress and to challenge myself to actually save money and build good gear :)

Thanks though!
Retired Moderator
Apr 17 2015 08:11am
My first boss

So damn, Lucas got a visual update.. I haven't made an explorer in so long xD

Finally hit level 10, chose to be an archer :)

This post was edited by Soroush on Apr 17 2015 08:12am
Retired Moderator
Apr 19 2015 10:31am
Lv20:

Lv 30:
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 19 2015 07:12pm
Good luck my friend
Go Back To Maplestory 1 & 2 Topic List