d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I Keep Seeing This Question Over And Over > How Could A God Of Love...
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 14 2015 06:11pm
Quote (magpies @ Apr 14 2015 07:10pm)
Try to balance one spoon on your nose then realize that according to some people God has to be able to balance more spoons on his nose then their are atoms in the universe.

lolwat
Gold: 1,261.00
Apr 14 2015 06:58pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Apr 14 2015 11:02am)
how am i supposed to know what the universe was like when it was first created was almost 14 billion years ago and even for god (if you believe in all that) was most likely a work in progress and who is to say that adam and eve were the first life forms? im trying to keep this on the topic of god/bible without bring science into this. not sure if last comment was sarcasm but yet again without bringing science into this, something as perfect as the universe would need balance no? the whole free will thing also comes into play which would allow for evil this is the classic ying and yang scenario. now that i look back not entirely sure what the whole point of your comment was lol

Yikes. Please make liberal use of punctuation, this is hard to read.
The thread is about an all-loving, presumably Christian, God. According to the biblical teachings, God created a universe that had no evil in it initially. You said that if there's good then there must also be evil in order to maintain balance. Hence, God must have created an unbalanced universe - an unlikely scenario. So the point of my comment is that you are wrong, at least in the context of this thread.
Gold: 17,400.00
Apr 14 2015 07:28pm
Having good an evil would make it balanced.i dont think their is right or wrong on this subject, just room for debate
Gold: 9,106.00
Apr 14 2015 07:46pm
Good and evil coexisting to make a balanced universe is a very eastern idea sounds very daoistic and really has no place in Christianity. St. Augustine gave the best answer to why evil exists in our world and thats because we posses free will. Evil is a byproduct of sin entering the universe and corrupting the human race.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2015 09:37pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2015 07:46pm)
Good and evil coexisting to make a balanced universe is a very eastern idea sounds very daoistic and really has no place in Christianity. St. Augustine gave the best answer to why evil exists in our world and thats because we posses free will. Evil is a byproduct of sin entering the universe and corrupting the human race.

Is there free will in heaven?
Gold: 9,106.00
Apr 14 2015 10:09pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2015 08:37pm)
Is there free will in heaven?

Yes however i have elaborate a bit from Meister Eckharts perspective to help you understand this. For us to be in the presence of God we have to be purified of all sin. The most prevalent point of Christianity is to make us "Like-Christ" or like God (Christ being God incarnate).Like pure gold which has to be exposed to fire we must also be cleansed of all sin because God by his nature is pure and he cannot tolerate sin in his presence. Once we get to heaven we have reached such a likeness to what God is in his very essence, that one can say that we have become God.

So with that being said your idea of free will is a bit different then what is meant to have free will in heaven. Because we have become so like God our will is conformed to what his perfect will is. So if your saying if we have the free will to choose evil in heaven the answer is no because our will is Gods perfect will.

I have obvious inferior articulative skills compared to Meister Eckhart but i hope what i said makes sense to you.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2015 10:52pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2015 10:09pm)
Yes however i have elaborate a bit from Meister Eckharts perspective to help you understand this. For us to be in the presence of God we have to be purified of all sin. The most prevalent point of Christianity is to make us "Like-Christ" or like God (Christ being God incarnate).Like pure gold which has to be exposed to fire we must also be cleansed of all sin because God by his nature is pure and he cannot tolerate sin in his presence. Once we get to heaven we have reached such a likeness to what God is in his very essence, that one can say that we have become God.

So with that being said your idea of free will is a bit different then what is meant to have free will in heaven. Because we have become so like God our will is conformed to what his perfect will is. So if your saying if we have the free will to choose evil in heaven the answer is no because our will is Gods perfect will.

I have obvious inferior articulative skills compared to Meister Eckhart but i hope what i said makes sense to you.

I see what you're saying. So then, how did Lucifer go against God in his presence, or Adam/Eve. To be in his presence they must be pure, so..... Seems contradictory

And then there's the question of why god didn't make us like that in the first place, with free will but perfect will to never sin

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 14 2015 10:53pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 14 2015 11:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2015 08:52pm)
I see what you're saying. So then, how did Lucifer go against God in his presence, or Adam/Eve. To be in his presence they must be pure, so..... Seems contradictory

And then there's the question of why god didn't make us like that in the first place, with free will but perfect will to never sin

It almost sounds like the omnipotence paradox.
Gold: 500.00
Apr 14 2015 11:26pm
doesn't exist

problem solved
Gold: 17,400.00
Apr 15 2015 03:24am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2015 09:46pm)

If god does exist and is truly all knowing then he created us knowing it would flood the world with evil..there is a heaven and a hell right?seems balanced either way you look at it
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll