d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > First Hologram Protest In History > Held Against Spain's Gag Law
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 13 2015 11:06am
Quote (card_sultan @ 13 Apr 2015 19:00)
So you're allowed to photograph police, just never show them or talk about them to anyone

Thats so much more reasonable <------ ironic double talk.

I didn't say that. I said the law prohibits people from spreading personal photos or information of policemen, with the objcetive of getting people to mob them andor their families.

Some protestants have identified policemen during their protests, and then spread their facebook profiles, personal information, etc to get people to mob them and their families in their homes, or send them death threats through mail, phone calls, etc.
Gold: 0.76
Apr 13 2015 11:14am
Shit get's worse imho..

And some here think Edward Snowden was wrong..
Anti-Terrorism Law

After the Charlie Hebdo attacks in France, Partido Popular and PSOE reached an agreement to amend the criminal code on terrorism which was also approved yesterday in Congress. The law again contains some vague language which leaves room for interpretation.

The new law uses a broad definition of “terrorism”: Among other things, cybercrime is now considered a terrorist act if the goal is to disrupt and/or disturb the public peaceor cause a state of terror. For example, an attack on a Ministry website will now be a terrorist attack.

[B]Viewing web pages with content targeted for or deemed as “suitable for terrorists” in a habitual manner[/COLOR][/B] can carry a penalty of two to five years in prison, but the law does not specify what is “habitual” or which websites are being targeted.

By expanding the definition of terrorism, it also expands what can be considered “glorifying terrorism” which can include for example tweeting certain content.

Glorification and public justification of crimes under Articles 572-577 or those who participated in its execution or performance of acts involving disrepute, contempt or humiliation of victims of terrorist offenses or their families, shall be punished with imprisonment of one to three years and a fine of twelve to eighteen months.

Paying for technological services could now be considered collaborating with terrorists.

Shall be punished with imprisonment from five to ten years and fined eighteen to twenty four months which takes place, soliciting or facilitating any act of collaboration with the activities or purposes of an organization, group or terrorist element, or commit any of the offenses covered by this chapter. In particular acts of collaboration of information or surveillance of individuals, […] the provision of technology services, and any other equivalent form of cooperation or assistance to the activities of organizations or terrorist groups, groups or individuals for the preceding paragraph.

Blocking content: The judge may order any service provider (search engines, etc.) to remove links to illegal content related to terrorism.

If the facts were committed through services or content accessible through the Internet or electronic communications services, the judge or court may order the removal of content or illicit services. Alternatively, you can order the service providers to withdraw illegal content, the search engines to abolish links pointing to them and providers of electronic communications services to prevent access to illegal content or services provided if they fulfill the following assumptions: a) When the measure is proportionate to the gravity of the facts and relevant information and necessary to prevent its spread. b) When it exclusively or predominantly diffuses the contents to which are referred to in the previous paragraphs.

They admit to monitoring your internet browsing they don't exactly say what a terrorist website is, nor do they define what habitual I guess the people of Spain just have to take for granted that they'll know habitual when it bites them on the kiester.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Apr 13 2015 11:20am
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 13 2015 11:22am
Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 13 2015 12:06pm)
I didn't say that. I said the law prohibits people from spreading personal photos or information of policemen, with the objcetive of getting people to mob them andor their families.

Some protestants have identified policemen during their protests, and then spread their facebook profiles, personal information, etc to get people to mob them and their families in their homes, or send them death threats through mail, phone calls, etc.

So youre totally allowed to film a police officer and any tactic they might use and question their appropriateness?
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 13 2015 12:04pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 13 Apr 2015 19:22)
So youre totally allowed to film a police officer and any tactic they might use and question their appropriateness?

There's nothing in this law that should stop you from doing that.
Gold: 129.89
Apr 13 2015 03:13pm
the matrix has u
Gold: 6.66
Apr 13 2015 04:19pm
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 14 2015 10:27am
The multicultural capitalist system of the EU is crumbling and governments there have to repress the people to keep them quiet.

I bet euros will keep claiming that they are so much more free than the rest of the world.
Gold: 9,106.00
Apr 14 2015 08:05pm
Quote (DPRK @ Apr 14 2015 09:27am)
The multicultural capitalist system of the EU is crumbling and governments there have to repress the people to keep them quiet.

I bet euros will keep claiming that they are so much more free than the rest of the world.

I've been predicting for a few years now that the EU will collapse. Although in general all the members benefited from trade in some way some got the lions share of the pie. Germany and a few of the other richer nations enjoy cheaper labor, higher exports, cheaper imports while using Brussels as a tool to get the southern and eastern countries to conform to the policies it wants. Greece is just bidding for time with them leaving the EU you will see a domino effect, Spain, Italy, Portugal, UK all will follow.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 15 2015 08:06am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2015 07:05pm)
I've been predicting for a few years now that the EU will collapse. Although in general all the members benefited from trade in some way some got the lions share of the pie. Germany and a few of the other richer nations enjoy cheaper labor, higher exports, cheaper imports while using Brussels as a tool to get the southern and eastern countries to conform to the policies it wants. Greece is just bidding for time with them leaving the EU you will see a domino effect, Spain, Italy, Portugal, UK all will follow.

Yeah, I doubt the EU will survive another decade.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 15 2015 11:16am
Quote (DPRK @ Apr 15 2015 09:06am)
Yeah, I doubt the EU will survive another decade.

Are you kidding?

It is poised for world superpower.

To support his thesis, Rifkin notes that in addition to the European Union having more people and a greater Gross Domestic Product than the U.S., the potential of the EU as an economic superpower is shown by having: 14/20 of the top banks in the world, 61 of the 140 of the top companies of the world as measure by the Global Fortune 500 (the U.S. has 50), a homicide rate that is 1/4 than in the U.S., the 18 most developed countries in Europe all have more broadly distributed wealth than the U.S. (the U.S. ranks 24th in the world), higher lifespan than the U.S., higher literacy rates than the U.S., and higher quality of life than the U.S. Also, Europeans provide 47% of all the humanitarian aid in the world, and are seen by Rifkin as being more effective in global economic market regulation, evidenced by the fact that the EU stopped the merger of General Electric and Honeywell, fined Microsoft for anti-trust, and blocked genetically modified food despite U.S. opposition.

If the EU is in trouble, then the entire world is fucked, because they are doing better than everybody else by far.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 15 2015 11:16am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll