d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Racial Responsibility > A Look In At The End Of White Privilege?
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 11 2015 02:24pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 11 2015 03:21pm)
please, the voter id laws you people push for are painfully obvious attempts to stop black folks from voting under the guise of preventing "voter fraud"

The voter ID issue is just another illustration of the low expectations liberals have of the black community. To think that black people aren't capable of acquiring ID's, or having ID's, is insanely racist IMO.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 11 2015 02:25pm
Gold: 2.70
Apr 11 2015 02:25pm
white murcia is good murica
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 11 2015 02:32pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 11 2015 12:21pm)
please, the voter id laws you people push for are painfully obvious attempts to stop black folks from voting under the guise of preventing "voter fraud"

Your country has WAY stricter voter ID laws than we do. Didn't know you guys were so bigoted.
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 11 2015 06:15pm
From my experience EVERY RACE is RACIST.

Multiculturalism doesn't work either. Here people from different CULTURES just stick together, they let in their own and alienate other people.

You really notice it at school. The immigrants stick together, they make no attempt to speak english or conform to our culture, they will end up coming off as rude and this is where racism stems from. Guess what though, you get the few people who actually put in the effort to conform to our culture, learn our language and meet people outside of their culture and they usually end up being really cool people but the majority of immigrants don't do this and that is why they are looked down upon. It's not just white people hating on immigrants either, it's people from the same race hating on them. You'll see chinese people here who brought up and born here making fun of immigrants from mainland china who make no attempt to conform. You see Indian people make fun of FOBs from india. but this wouldnt happen if immigrants just tried and made an effort to conform to north american culture.

Also things such as affirmative action in itself is incredibly racist yet it's fine because the only people that are hurt by it are white males. What a backwards ass society we are in.

This post was edited by dirTyMan on Apr 11 2015 06:17pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2015 07:20pm
Quote (IceMage @ 11 Apr 2015 18:14)
Every society has racist elements, thus you have white privilege.

Not here in Norwich UK...

We're a pretty un-racist bunch. There may be a few random UKIP supporters and a couple of xenophobic muslims but none that I've ever met.

But for a tiny minority of fringe radicals we are a successful, well-functioning multicultural society. I think it's in part because of our great university. People from all over the world end up staying here and we embrace it. Meeting people from different cultures is interesting and fulfilling and Norfolk people are all about hospitality, understanding and making friends :)

I really love this county. It's definitely a step up from Essex and Kent.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 11 2015 07:20pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 11 2015 07:46pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 11 2015 08:20pm)
Not here in Norwich UK...

We're a pretty un-racist bunch. There may be a few random UKIP supporters and a couple of xenophobic muslims but none that I've ever met.

But for a tiny minority of fringe radicals we are a successful, well-functioning multicultural society. I think it's in part because of our great university. People from all over the world end up staying here and we embrace it. Meeting people from different cultures is interesting and fulfilling and Norfolk people are all about hospitality, understanding and making friends :)

I really love this county. It's definitely a step up from Essex and Kent.

Wrong again. Just because you don't see the racism all around you, doesn't mean it isn't there. There is white privilege in every Western country... you need to accept that you are a bigot.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2015 07:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ 12 Apr 2015 01:46)
Wrong again. Just because you don't see the racism all around you, doesn't mean it isn't there. There is white privilege in every Western country... you need to accept that you are a bigot.

I feel like I'm being trolled a little here...

It's no harder for black people to get work, racism exists but it goes both ways. I really don't see how white privilege affects the UK in any meaningful way and it definitely doesn't affect my county.
Gold: 9,039.20
Apr 11 2015 08:08pm
The invisible hand of the free mark.. I mean racism... prevents people from doing x, y, z.

Boogie men, everyone has then, don't pretend yours is more important than any other.

Gold: 1.00
Apr 11 2015 08:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 11 2015 06:46pm)

Uh, you may be right but... explain how this pertains to what you quoted?

Honestly... Classic projection?

And what the hell is killgore going on about? You're saying that people aren't racist because they're racist?

Or maybe you're being racist and saying that the race is naturally inferior?

I would argue that the circumstances of history are largely to do with apparently impoverished races. Of course there are other forces but mostly it's history.

This post was edited by Comus on Apr 11 2015 08:40pm
Gold: 2,567.00
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll