d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Thinking About Getting Gw2, Have A Few Questions
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2015 04:14pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 5 2015 03:43pm)
There is a higher damage version that is squishy which is commonly used.

Honestly when it comes to structured PvP you can just make any character you want at lvl 1 and have it instantly be lvl 80 and ready to go.

So when you make a character I would aim it more towards WvWvW and PvE.
Because sPvP you can do any time on any class.

I think Necro is best placed in WvW

I have a lvl 80 of every class. Necro might not be the most fun to start with.
Look at ALL the classes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBIhZakjmSb7px2GOcT8LUS/CBQ7CVYS9XkFBLA-TxRBABQqEMw9Hm4UAwlyP%200Hgp6PA8EACAcA8bf77vBWe5lXe5lb5lXe5lXOA-e

isn't there a level limit to start sPvP now?
Thought they made it like 20 or some shit.

@OP I would just play the game, you will find what you like soon enough.

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on Apr 5 2015 04:15pm
Apr 5 2015 04:34pm
hmmm ok thanks guys... also what is sPvp?

so i watched a few videos of nec gameplay.... this one looked the best/most fun so far :)

also, one more question.... Does GW2, have an arena system? Like 3 players vs another 3 players in an arena type settings (ex. like a collosieum,etc... incased arena setting)

This post was edited by ferf on Apr 5 2015 05:00pm
Apr 5 2015 04:46pm
also,w hat race is that guys necro in the video?

This post was edited by ferf on Apr 5 2015 05:00pm
Gold: 333.01
Apr 5 2015 06:05pm
I can't compare PvP to WoW since I haven't played WoW. But Necros are a pretty fun class. Just remember GW2 is more action oriented, you move more, you dodge, you jump, etc. So you'll be on your toes a lot of the time.

Pros:
- Excels in WvW, and does well in an organized PvP group
- High health pool, coupled with death shroud (Your unique class mechanic) Makes you innately tanky
- Can pressure with conditions (Bleeds, poison, cripple etc)
- Can convert the enemy's boons into conditions
- Has pretty good physical damage as well (Every class can do a bit of everything, no trinity in this game)

Cons:
- No mobility
- Very bad in things like dungeon groups/PvE (General PvE is fine where you provide damage, but as for bringing utility to the group, there is little to none)
- Although you have a high health pool, you don't have much sustain/protection (Stability, imminities, blinks/teleports etc.) so you can be focused down quite easily

I could be missing some things, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or even stop by my twitch channel where I stream Necro stuffs often :D

Also if you're interested in some gameplay, this is my latest WvW Roaming (Essentially Open World PvP) Montage

This post was edited by Choxie on Apr 5 2015 06:05pm
Apr 5 2015 06:23pm
Quote (ferf @ Apr 5 2015 04:46pm)
also,w hat race is that guys necro in the video?

guessing norn due to the broad shoulders.

Spvp is structured pvp, wvw is world vs world aka server vs server in a huge map, with keeps towers etc to capture.
Spvp is just like 5s in wow but bigger arena, and an actual objective that changes per map.
Gold: 300.00
Apr 5 2015 06:33pm
Quote (Choxie @ Apr 5 2015 08:05pm)
I can't compare PvP to WoW since I haven't played WoW. But Necros are a pretty fun class. Just remember GW2 is more action oriented, you move more, you dodge, you jump, etc. So you'll be on your toes a lot of the time.

Pros:
- High health pool, coupled with death shroud (Your unique class mechanic) Makes you innately tanky
- Has pretty good physical damage as well (Every class can do a bit of everything, no trinity in this game)

Cons:
- No mobility
- Very bad in things like dungeon groups/PvE (General PvE is fine where you provide damage, but as for bringing utility to the group, there is little to none)
- Although you have a high health pool, you don't have much sustain/protection (Stability, imminities, blinks/teleports etc.) so you can be focused down quite easily

I could be missing some things, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or even stop by my twitch channel where I stream Necro stuffs often :D

Also if you're interested in some gameplay, this is my latest WvW Roaming (Essentially Open World PvP) Montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjTjDoD06As

I've seen you before. I'm on TC, you're one annoying ass necro <3
Gold: 22.00
Apr 5 2015 08:22pm
Quote (ferf @ Apr 5 2015 03:55pm)
hmmm just looking at that, necros look pretty shitty, especially for 1v1.... they don't really seem to deal much damage... anything you could add to this?

They look more like a support class?

the power necro build for pvp is a pretty popular and really strong build atm.

for dungeons and general pve, necros are kind of meh. they really shine in pvp, though.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 5 2015 09:58pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Apr 5 2015 02:14pm)
isn't there a level limit to start sPvP now?
Thought they made it like 20 or some shit.

@OP I would just play the game, you will find what you like soon enough.

Only 1 character has to hit level 20 on your account. From there on you can do it with any new character.
Gold: 333.01
Apr 6 2015 04:08am
Quote (Eternal_Amaranth @ Apr 5 2015 02:33pm)
I've seen you before. I'm on TC, you're one annoying ass necro <3

LOL, I seem to get that a lot. I'm not that mean doe am I ;~;
Gold: 25.20
Apr 6 2015 04:50am
Quote (Choxie @ Apr 5 2015 04:05pm)

Pros:

Cons:
- No mobility

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjTjDoD06As

Nice video.
I see a very popular misplay in Necros that you do.

You activate your spectral armor when you start taking damage, but by that time you're already almost half health.
Well when you get to half health you get a free spectral armor from your traits.
So you're essentially just wasting the skill.

You're really good though :P

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 6 2015 05:04am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll