d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Overview And Discussion On Updateable Topics > Plz Read The Discription Before You Post
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 130,549.43
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2015 02:55am
Quote (obob_ro @ 8 Apr 2015 07:45)
sorry, but if you write: "not so important fishing update see post #10", nobody will ever look on it...
its not an fishing update, is fixing the auto-stacking (the one from settings) which is unusable at the moment: to be able select minimum tier, to have differnt rows for mana and life.

alright. thats why i wrote discuss ;) i can put it to semi important as it wont have an impact on the game as a whole but on all the fishermen ;)
hope that is better now.

Note to Paul: If you like an idea in the topic and think the information is too general, just post here and we all can think about it more in detail.

Urgent changes
-balance changes of the magical stats like healmastery (like before it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the element masteries
- improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this?
- revive a "farming ability" meaning more regularspawn of ambush or higher questslike nomazenomore or face the evil + balance changes(further explanation on post #4; 14))
-improvement of the drop rate: new balance between "short after the last update" and "now"; also rebalancing drops on maps (post #13)
-improvement of the market: maybe 2-3 items that could sell forhigher than 20 fg without fee upfront (still no spam, but more items on the mp)
- complete overhaul of a big part of the abilities ("crossover abilities", other useless abilities)
- overworked class related experience (further explanation in post #4)

semi Urgent changes
muting: let the essence be the same quality of the used item
- Save/load Preferred Interface Layoutfrom suggestion topic)
- fishing update (post #10; #19)
- marketplace: increase the no-fee-mark to 50 fg

not so important changes
-lower guild transfer fee or increase the time (Post 2) or rework (post #17)
- smartphone play: bigger symbols for adding stats and using ablities since they are hard to hit
- easier stats/ablity statting: doubleclickfor example ondex --> highlighting it --> automatically statting +1dex every further lvl; same with ability; click it again --> stop automatically adding stats every lvl (to change from dex to vitality for example; this would be a good help especially for smartphone users)
- balance issue: classes improving when passing (climax at warlock/hh) --> alchemist quite a bit weaker
- Being able to use hotkeys to use fish/comfreys on allies instead of being able to drag and drop. (Make Fishing a more viable skill and potentially get more people to do it) post #4
- Muting: Allow toreroll heavy weapons
all time guildpoint in profile or guild list
balance out melee ---- caster (caster too strong?) (post #6)
fixing: the new added hotkeyaddition for comfreys (post #6)
cosmetics: toggle on/off "whistle sign" in catacombs and open "inventory" not "equipment" when clicking vault (first part post #6)
- random monster names; make difference between melee and casting attack "laser"
- muting merge (2x magical --> rare, etc)
- vault: custom category
- Donorstars/colour brought into the game (or possibly a start for a done ladder reset)

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Apr 8 2015 02:55am
Gold: 8,586.23
Apr 8 2015 03:21pm
Urgent changes
- balance changes of the magical stats like healmastery (like before it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the
... REMOVE element masteries, balance Life Steal to make it more consistent in % and not look the same a LPA
- improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this?
... [ADD Durability to items, create a smithing skill or a Smithing Store in MP]
- revive a "farming ability" meaning more regularspawn of ambush or higher questslike nomazenomore or face the evil + balance changes(further explanation on post #4; 14)),
... REMOVE objectives completely, create another area where they become part of a new content where like maps, but instead of the treasure chest at the end, they are the final bos... and increase the reward by 50%, reduce all XP by 50% from all monsters except these monster which give 200% XP.
- improvement of the drop rate: new balance between "short after the last update" and "now"; also rebalancing drops on maps (post #13)
... reset the old droprates prior to 1.30 update including the removal of the character level limit to quantity of items dropping and experience gain.
- improvement of the market: maybe 2-3 items that could sell forhigher than 20 fg without fee upfront (still no spam, but more items on the mp)
... [look at this later on when economy increases, this should go under not important]
- complete overhaul of a big part of the abilities ("crossover abilities", other useless abilities)
... or Only the abilities of that character appears [all feeder abilities appear], only if you UNLOCK that character, can you have access to their abilities.
... ... since the introduction of Whistle, I want to see a DECREASE [75%] in experience gained by normal monsters, but INCREASE [250%] the objective monsters [if objective monsters remain in catacombs] the more class unlocked to balance out the speed again

I will get back to some of the others later on in the week or so. Anyone can discuss my ideas [in black] some more if you want.
Gold: 482.43
Apr 9 2015 11:31am
drops
Gold: 1,637.76
Apr 10 2015 09:21am
Have we had any feedback/news from Paul since post-update fixes?
Gold: 358.89
Apr 10 2015 12:45pm
Quote (NeWbLt123 @ Apr 10 2015 09:21am)
Have we had any feedback/news from Paul since post-update fixes?

We had an amazing 100+ post discussion about the main issue about this game, the drops.

And Paul didn't even poke his head in the thread.

This is a dead discussion, let Paul do as he wishes to his game, if people want to play, they will play.
Gold: 8,586.23
Apr 11 2015 12:00am
Quote (Joshie @ Apr 11 2015 07:45am)
We had an amazing 100+ post discussion about the main issue about this game, the drops.

This is a dead discussion, let Paul do as he wishes to his game, if people want to play, they will play.

Correct... he hasn't, but I am sure he has many issues that he can not counter with the actual gamers that play the game... hence those that remain have and will benefit because he can NOT control.

Whistling is great, it is a source of gameplay that casn let people play the3 game in different timezones and complete a task... 1-71 within 1hour to 1.5 hours, this removes the 1-3 day game play,
so, to counter the time difference to help those that have limited time, he incorporates a drop system that tries to balance it out, but, without thinking, he has created a game that can be BOTTED
since the introduction of v1.30... this is his main concern, he realised that botting is a real theat, he is NOT interested to improving the game to make it more interesting, he is sitting in the background
trying to catch botters, only thing he is NOT capable of doing, is stopping programs that work from the USERS computer and graphics... plus other algorithyms created by them.

You don't have to play the game from 1-71 anymore with the endangerment of botting... you don't need to send source code to his server for detection... he is trying to counter this threat.. and basically,
he can not, because he does not have access to your computer and software incorporated on it... hence I don't and have NOT played this game for some time... because all of my ranting here could be
misconstued as myself botting... but I am not logged in to game, so I am not a botter.

Whistle from 1-71 everyone... you don't have to play the game at all if you have the gear... just remember that humans have to sleep... oh... and yes, I have copied this post to notepad and time stamped every word.
Gold: 5,000.00
Apr 11 2015 12:57pm
Quote (Joshie @ Apr 10 2015 01:45pm)

This was my impression as well. "If you don't like the game, don't play it" is the quote that got me to quit.
Have found other fun ways to waste my time.
Wish I could take back that yellow star, but I guess you live with your past mistakes.
Apr 21 2015 06:02am
alright. thats why i wrote discuss ;) i can put it to semi important as it wont have an impact on the game as a whole but on all the fishermen ;)
hope that is better now.

Note to Paul: If you like an idea in the topic and think the information is too general, just post here and we all can think about it more in detail.

Urgent changes
-balance changes of the magical stats like healmastery (like before it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the element masteries, eventually life steal, life per hit and life per kill
- revive a "farming ability" meaning more regularspawn of ambush or higher questslike nomazenomore or face the evil + balance changes(further explanation on post #4; 14))
-improvement of the drop rate: new balance between "short after the last update" and "now"; also rebalancing drops on maps (post #13)
-improvement of the market: maybe 2-3 items that could sell forhigher than 20 fg without fee upfront (still no spam, but more items on the mp)

semi Urgent changes
muting: let the essence be the same quality of the used item
- Save/load Preferred Interface Layoutfrom suggestion topic)
- fishing update (post #10; #19)
- marketplace: increase the no-fee-mark to 50 fg

not so important changes
-lower guild transfer fee or increase the time (Post 2) or rework (post #17)
- smartphone play: bigger symbols for adding stats and using ablities since they are hard to hit
- easier stats/ablity statting: doubleclickfor example ondex --> highlighting it --> automatically statting +1dex every further lvl; same with ability; click it again --> stop automatically adding stats every lvl (to change from dex to vitality for example; this would be a good help especially for smartphone users)
- balance issue: classes improving when passing (climax at warlock/hh) --> alchemist quite a bit weaker
- Being able to use hotkeys to use fish/comfreys on allies instead of being able to drag and drop. (Make Fishing a more viable skill and potentially get more people to do it) post #4
- Muting: Allow toreroll heavy weapons
all time guildpoint in profile or guild list
balance out melee ---- caster (caster too strong?) (post #6)
fixing: the new added hotkeyaddition for comfreys (post #6)
cosmetics: toggle on/off "whistle sign" in catacombs and open "inventory" not "equipment" when clicking vault (first part post #6)
- random monster names; make difference between melee and casting attack "laser"
- muting merge (2x magical --> rare, etc)
- vault: custom category
- Donorstars/colour brought into the game (or possibly a start for a done ladder reset)

izParagonzi:
... [ADD Durability to items, create a smithing skill or a Smithing Store in MP]
i think this was suggested several times and denied by the community

... REMOVE objectives completely, create another area where they become part of a new content where like maps, but instead of the treasure chest at the end, they are the final bos... and increase the reward by 50%, reduce all XP by 50% from all monsters except these monster which give 200% XP.
i dont really like this idea too... how many monsters do you fight? 50% exp for every normal monsters? the 200% exp for eps will do nothing because there are so few of these..
tldr: ls NEEDS to be more rewarding (not super crazy drops all time.. but still something that makes you able to farm forum gold like wellables which sell for good fg (well needs to be reworked a bit too to make this more attractive!!))

.. reset the old droprates prior to 1.30 update including the removal of the character level limit to quantity of items dropping and experience gain.
i think you need to be careful with this.. because missing limits might be abused very easily

... or Only the abilities of that character appears [all feeder abilities appear], only if you UNLOCK that character, can you have access to their abilities.
i guess this suggestion underlines that the abilities need to be reworked

... ... since the introduction of Whistle, I want to see a DECREASE [75%] in experience gained by normal monsters, but INCREASE [250%] the objective monsters [if objective monsters remain in catacombs] the more class unlocked to balance out the speed again
i would also like to see a change that makes normal catacombs for attractive and rewarding compared to whistle..

about the botting:
i dont see botting at ls being a problem.. there are a hundred games that would be WAY more rewarding than ls.. so why bother botting at ls? ^^

another solo idea: i would like to see the solo game improved.. on the one hand i would like to have more quests to be solo doable.. on the other hand i would imagine something like a "higher lvl whistle" that gives me higher monsters --> more rewards, exp, prof (but a lot harder fight)

idea about gameplay: i would love to see the immune monsters balanced. it is just stupid that 5 guys with melee weapons cant hurt an immune monster.. make the dmg probably 1/3 when the shield is up.. or 1/4.. that way you could at least kill the monsters by using high dmg abilities or kill it after a while.. same with sneaky.. dont make it completely immune
May 15 2015 01:25pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 21 Apr 2015 13:02)
hope that is better now.

Urgent changes
-balance changes of the magical stats like healmastery (like before it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the element masteries, eventually life steal, life per hit and life per kill

reposting just the urgent changes. anyone that thinks something is missing is free to post ofc.
we can start to think about the different topics now and work something out.

first of all:
i think this point has been changed by paul. in my experience the drop rate itself is really ok now.. the only thing that needs to be buffed is the quality of the drops as it is still pretty bad.

besides some other topics i would really value the following alot (combined)

- improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this? (the well of evil could need some tweaking too possibly)

being able to sell the wellables.. the economy could be improved a lot by having the chance to better farm the wellables

what ideas do you guys have about these few topics?

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on May 15 2015 01:32pm
Gold: 119,903.34
May 15 2015 01:53pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ May 15 2015 03:25pm)
reposting just the urgent changes. anyone that thinks something is missing is free to post ofc.
we can start to think about the different topics now and work something out.

first of all:
i think this point has been changed by paul. in my experience the drop rate itself is really ok now.. the only thing that needs to be buffed is the quality of the drops as it is still pretty bad.

besides some other topics i would really value the following alot (combined)

- improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this? (the well of evil could need some tweaking too possibly)

being able to sell the wellables.. the economy could be improved a lot by having the chance to better farm the wellables

what ideas do you guys have about these few topics?

A return to previous NMNM or Ambush would just result in people doing those quests multiple times a climb. Which people did and were rewarded for it.

The quests of Ambush/NMNM need to be able to be spawned reliably in a group and No Maze No More needs to have Elemental Education removed as a prereq, otherwise you have to go through a big hassle to spawn it. As in a hardcore league, I'm not trusting anyone on EE with casters in my game with EE and even if you don't have casters, EE is a pretty hard quest that requires a pretty solid group composition and some gear.

Make quests spawn easier to where if you explore early, you can expect to hit them. Change NMNM to not require EE to be done. And then make it to where quests only pop up once a climb and heavily increase the reward for doing them and potentially increase their difficulty to meet the reward. And the fact they can only appear once a climb prevents people from farming them over and over.

Also high level farming should also be rewarded. Anyone who completes evils over level 100 , the drop rate should be greatly increased. The amount of risk and effort here warrants it.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll