d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Free Falling Of A Spherical Body In A Viscous Flow > And In Vacuum - Offer Up To 2000 Fg
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,872.00
Mar 31 2015 09:48am
Anyone who knows the topic properly? Can offer fg for help of course :D

Porogramme need to have a possibility of determining the:
-density and viscosity of fluid
-diameter and density of ball
-step size (h)
-number of steps (integration time)

Buit firstly have to be done for free falling ball in a vacuum. I know i have to use the Runge Kutta 4th order solution method. Started and got this at the moment:

Falling in vacuum:
m*(dV/dt) = m*g
V = V(initial) + g * t
Z = Z(initial) + V(initial) *t + (g*t^2)/2

where g works as our acceleration. so after differentiation:

dV/dt = d^2 Z/dt^2

then i have to add forces that affacets the body during motion:
bouyant force according to Archimedes principle,
force due to body acceleration,
forces due to viscous drag and shape drag

made the equation of forces balance that including those three above. dont know how to implement it and RungeKutta 4th order method into programme.

Can send you whole materials if theres anyone who can solve that problem and write in c++ or at least gimme some thoughts, Never made anything like that and that's the problem xP

Hope will find somebody who can help me how to start it or even do it for FG's ;)
Gold: 3,804.50
Mar 31 2015 03:33pm
i dont really wanna take the time to learn the physics to do it. sooo how about you give the sample input then work out the problem? show all variables and numbers. feel free to use subroutines. much easier to convert to a program.

and btw, 2k fg really is nothing

This post was edited by carteblanche on Mar 31 2015 03:35pm
Gold: 1,872.00
Mar 31 2015 03:48pm
ok i will provide all physics and math calculations, need just somebody who can implement it into a programme - think such code will take max up to 1 hour for somebody who know how to operate in such language.

i will paste here all necessary estimations on days.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 31 2015 03:52pm
If you do a step by step example of how to do the math, interpreting it into an application will be trivial. Let me know I can do this in C, C#, or ruby.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll