d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Guild Privacy
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.15
Mar 18 2015 08:24am
You can block individual members from posting in a public guild chat. due to spam or for whatever reason, if they disagreed or one user dislikes another

you can keep anyone that does not belong to the guild from seeing the topic all together in a private chat

but what about the ability to block a single person and remove ONLY their viewing/posting permissions
I realize a lot of guilds probably dont have enough drama to go around to care about this, but my question is in the case that it does, would you find this to be a useful tool.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 18 2015 08:53am
Quote (Gingey @ Mar 18 2015 10:24am)
You can block individual members from posting in a public guild chat. due to spam or for whatever reason, if they disagreed or one user dislikes another

you can keep anyone that does not belong to the guild from seeing the topic all together in a private chat

but what about the ability to block a single person and remove ONLY their viewing/posting permissions
I realize a lot of guilds probably dont have enough drama to go around to care about this, but my question is in the case that it does, would you find this to be a useful tool.

I see what your saying, you don't want to have to make the entire guild topic guild-only because one person outside the guild is poor mannered or not welcome, while it makes sense sometimes. This isn't something that's very important really, if they can't post, and you can block them in PM. There really isn't any issue most of the time. I don't see any good enough reason to implement such a feature, for this reason I vote no
Gold: 203.50
Mar 19 2015 07:02am
Quote (Jolene @ Mar 18 2015 09:53am)
I see what your saying, you don't want to have to make the entire guild topic guild-only because one person outside the guild is poor mannered or not welcome, while it makes sense sometimes. This isn't something that's very important really, if they can't post, and you can block them in PM. There really isn't any issue most of the time. I don't see any good enough reason to implement such a feature, for this reason I vote no

"Block individual members" does not mean make it guild only. I think this is a good idea especially since some members are not ok with each other, yet they lurk and cause drama because of what's said inside of chats. If you can block them from posting in your guild chat, how much more of a difference would it really be to block them from lurking? You're already halfway there as it is...

From someone who has nothing going on here except for a few hellos every now and then I can understand why this may seem extreme, but if you ended up in a fued with someone and you seen them lurk your chat everyday, you would probably get a little ticked off. Especially since you blocked them from posting already.

This post was edited by carmelhockey on Mar 19 2015 07:03am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll