d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > This Is What Scares Me... > What Happens?
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,267.69
Mar 11 2015 07:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 11 2015 07:49pm)
Your consciousness exists only once, enjoy!

You're right and it last for eternity. Enjoy!
Gold: 1,380.00
Mar 11 2015 07:16pm
Quote (KingTia @ Mar 11 2015 09:00pm)
You're right and it last for eternity. Enjoy!

:hail:
Gold: 312.01
Trader: Trusted
Mar 11 2015 07:16pm
i genuinely think it is a lot like before you were born

i am far more worried about the experience of death than what comes after
Gold: 1.00
Mar 11 2015 07:28pm
Quote (ttdskann @ Mar 11 2015 05:40pm)
What happens when we die? I'm having such a hard time understanding... What religion is the real religion, what really happens? Is it an empty abyss of nothing, is there a heaven or do we have a choice?

I cannot wrap my head around these questions and they literally make my head spin when I think too much about it.

God has three parts, yet they are one, which is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirt. We also are three part beings, which is our body (what we see), our spirit (life), and a soul (which is our personality/who we are). When we die, the body decomposes and returns back to the earth where it came from. Our spirit returns back to God where it came from. And our soul ends up in heaven or hell depending on if we gave our life to the Lord, or seeked our own will.

Confusion is just a trick of the enemy (the devil), but once you find Jesus man there's no amount of doubt He is real and He's the true God.

And it really sounds like God is dealing with your bro, I was going threw the same thing before I gave over to Him and got saved. Will be praying for you bro.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 11 2015 07:31pm
Try to realize that you were socialized to believe certain things, and have certain values.

My grandfather grew up in a Christian generation... I grew up with a bunch of friends who weren't/aren't religious. Your friends/family influence you greatly.... they may instill in you a positive/negative view of certain religious(or non-religious) views.

So, have that in the back of your mind when you are on this spiritual journey. Granted, I grew up with a Christian parent, and I'm a Christian, but the social circle around me was completely non-Christian.

You can only will yourself to open up so much. People who think they are above the socialization they experienced are fucking retards.

:)
Gold: 88.21
Mar 11 2015 07:34pm
Quote (ttdskann @ Mar 11 2015 02:49pm)
How does one actually go on said "spiritual" quest. I've been thinking about it for a while.

Ayahuasca.
Gold: 7,525.35
Mar 11 2015 07:37pm
What happens when we die? You lose all consciousness forever. Your friends and family are sad and likely put you in a box and bury you underground. You have nothing to worry about at that point as you are physically incapable of doing so.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2015 07:43pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Mar 2015 22:55)
...approach God with humility and honesty and ask for help . It really is this simple .... RememberASK - ask , seek , knock .

◄ Matthew 7:7 ►

New International Version

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Stop trying to indoctrinate vulnerable people into your cult please. This type of predatory proselytisation is an egregious abuse.

Quote (ttdskann @ 11 Mar 2015 22:40)
What happens when we die? I'm having such a hard time understanding... What religion is the real religion, what really happens? Is it an empty abyss of nothing, is there a heaven or do we have a choice?

I cannot wrap my head around these questions and they literally make my head spin when I think too much about it.

Nobody knows what happens to our consciousness after death. No religion has any evidence to suggest it says anything true about the existence or nature of the divine or any afterlife.

Don't think too much about it. There is only one answer... we don't know. It's fine to speculate and fantasise and healthy to wonder but it is dangerous, damaging and ridiculous to base any kind of worldview or ideology on those speculations or the baseless assertions of any religion.

This post was edited by Scaly on Mar 11 2015 07:43pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Mar 11 2015 07:52pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 11 2015 09:43pm)
Stop trying to indoctrinate vulnerable people into your cult please. This type of predatory proselytisation is an egregious abuse

...I will plant a seed when I feel called to do so ...this is after all partly a religious forum . I don't perceive him as vulnerable but then again I don't try to victimize every person I come across . He asked for guidance , I provided some . If the seed takes root the Holy Spirit will water it .

Gold: 6,351.00
Mar 11 2015 07:53pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 11 2015 06:43pm)
Stop trying to indoctrinate vulnerable people into your cult please. This type of predatory proselytisation is an egregious abuse.

Nobody knows what happens to our consciousness after death. No religion has any evidence to suggest it says anything true about the existence or nature of the divine or any afterlife.

Don't think too much about it. There is only one answer... we don't know. It's fine to speculate and fantasise and healthy to wonder but it is dangerous, damaging and ridiculous to base any kind of worldview or ideology on those speculations or the baseless assertions of any religion.

When i grow up it is my dream to be as euphoric as you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll