d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > American Treason
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 171.76
Mar 12 2015 07:48pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 12 2015 09:45pm)

Informing the Iranian government of US law?

they threatened that once Obama is gone if a Republican comes to power they will wipe away the agreement and become hostile so don't bother because his term is almost up

Let's call a spade a spade

This post was edited by bitg_pj on Mar 12 2015 07:48pm
Gold: 14.88
Mar 12 2015 07:52pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Mar 12 2015 05:38pm)
“Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.”

They are directly trying to undermine the head of the government of the United States ( Obama ) in foreign diplomatic relations...

I don't see why this is such a complicated thing to understand... Obama is a shitty president, but this is taking Partisan Politics too far.

What does that even mean though? "Without the authority of the United States"? I'm pretty sure nationally elected senators possess that authority. I mean, you do need a super majority from said senate to ratify a treaty.

We don't live in a Monarchy, Obama isn't synonymous with the United States of America, no matter how much you would like him to be. Let's come off it. These Senators are not acting in a way that puts the nation in any potential harm. Their motives aren't sinister. They're not pledging fealty to a foreign power.

But what you Liberals are doing is concerning. You're stating that any member of government that disagrees with the commander in chief on foreign policy relationships is guilty of treason. I know the OP was trolling, because you'd have to be an absolute dim wit to want to see someone executed for this non-transgression.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 12 2015 07:55pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Mar 12 2015 08:47pm)
Fox Entertainment has now sent out a bulletin?

omg - heres a copypasta quote from it....

"you know cause now a black man is responsible - so if you/anyone does anything wrong , you can just blame the black guy.

That is all"

Sounds logical.

You know, I've been trying to be civil. Post coherently to me or don't bother.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Mar 12 2015 08:48pm)
Informing the Iranian government of US law?

they threatened that once Obama is gone if a Republican comes to power they will wipe away the agreement and become hostile so don't bother because his term is almost up

Let's call a spade a spade

No treaty is valid unless ratified by the Senate. A group of Senators large enough to block any possibility of treaty ratification telling the Iranians your treaty is dead-on-arrival and therefore only enforcable so long as a Democrat occupies the White House is pointing out the obvious.

Besides, a Republican victory in 2016 seems rather far fetched to me.
Gold: 500.00
Mar 12 2015 07:56pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 12 2015 08:55pm)
You know, I've been trying to be civil. Post coherently to me or don't bother.

No treaty is valid unless ratified by the Senate. A group of Senators large enough to block any possibility of treaty ratification telling the Iranians your treaty is dead-on-arrival and therefore only enforcable so long as a Democrat occupies the White House is pointing out the obvious.

Besides, a Republican victory in 2016 seems rather far fetched to me.

isn't the whole point here that this isn't a treaty
Mar 12 2015 08:02pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 12 2015 08:56pm)
isn't the whole point here that this isn't a treaty

treaty
[tree-tee]

Examples
Word Origin

noun, plural treaties.
a formal agreement between two or more states in reference to peace, alliance, commerce, or other international relations.
Gold: 500.00
Mar 12 2015 08:26pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 12 2015 09:02pm)
treaty
[tree-tee]

Examples
Word Origin

noun, plural treaties.
a formal agreement between two or more states in reference to peace, alliance, commerce, or other international relations.

Secretary of State John Kerry stressed Wednesday that the administration never intended to negotiate a treaty.
"We've been clear from the beginning. We're not negotiating a 'legally binding plan.' We're negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.

i see no treaties here
Mar 12 2015 08:28pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 12 2015 09:26pm)
Secretary of State John Kerry stressed Wednesday that the administration never intended to negotiate a treaty.
"We've been clear from the beginning. We're not negotiating a 'legally binding plan.' We're negotiating a plan that will have in it a capacity for enforcement," he said at a Senate hearing.

i see no treaties here

Both sides of his mouth said that?
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 12 2015 09:41pm
Liberals cry so much whenever they don't have power. Can you imagine what will happen if the GOP controls everything again?
Gold: 251.15
Mar 12 2015 11:30pm
Quote (thundercock @ 12 Mar 2015 22:41)
Liberals cry so much whenever they don't have power. Can you imagine what will happen if the GOP controls everything again?

There wasn't much crying for the 8 years of dubya, just lots of pointing, laughing, or just plain head shaking.

The years of Obama have been marked by the biggest shit storm I've ever seen an opposition party do, and Clinton before that the conservatives tried to impeach for getting a blowjob in the oval office and lying about it. I guess that's a pretty big lie compared to showing up to the UN with photographs of unmarked trucks and silos, and claiming those are WMDs without proof, as a reason to send thousands of soldiers dying to destabilize one if the most stable and quiet countries in the middle east

This post was edited by StephanePare on Mar 12 2015 11:30pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 12 2015 11:35pm
Quote (StephanePare @ Mar 12 2015 09:30pm)
There wasn't much crying for the 8 years of dubya, just lots of pointing, laughing, or just plain head shaking.

The years of Obama have been marked by the biggest shit storm I've ever seen an opposition party do, and Clinton before that the conservatives tried to impeach for getting a blowjob in the oval office and lying about it. I guess that's a pretty big lie compared to showing up to the UN with photographs of unmarked trucks and silos, and claiming those are WMDs without proof, as a reason to send thousands of soldiers dying to destabilize one if the most stable and quiet countries in the middle east

Um, there was quite a bit of crying. Especially in 2004.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll