d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Baby Blog > Weekly Updates
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2015 06:28am
Im going to be a dad!

With that being said, I want to keep a weekly blog on my experiences with my wife as we near the due date.

Week ?

Going to the doctor today for our first visit, I guess this is called the prenatal visit? I have no clue what to expect, except a long doctors visit. Wife has been hit with the realization that she's pregnant with all these symptoms. Acne is starting, exhaustion, food aversions, emotional moments.. My greatest joy I get right now is the laugh of watching her try to sleep on her side, she uses me like a wedge... Its kind of humorous. Its 8:27 right now as I type this, and in 3 hours I will know so much more about whats going on inside of my wife than I do now. Wish me luck!

Mar 10 2015 01:42pm
Week 7

Apparently the baby is the size of a raspberry.. He or she is developing legs and shit, and the heart is becoming pretty sophisticated right now.. First doctors visit, they took blood and made sure she was pregnant, and yep! Might be an interesting post tomorrow, they took the HGH levels, and we find out tomorrow if were having twins... FYI every female in her family has had twins except her mom.. Her grandmother included. We have another appointment set for next thursday for the ultrasound to hear my babys heart beat. We also have to go back to do more blood work on thursday.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Mar 10 2015 01:42pm
Mar 13 2015 09:50am
Week 7

Wife got her blood work results back, told that her hCG levels are around 7400 and rising perfectly. No twins for us! Everything is looking great, we have our first doctors appointment on the 31st at her GYN. And our ultrasound on thursday.. I can't wait to hear its heart beat.. The happiness is still settling in, and the excitement is all but gone. Im going to be a dad!
Mar 15 2015 01:19pm
Mar 18 2015 03:51pm
Week 8

We go in for our ultrasound tomorrow at 8 in the morning.. I don't think I've ever been this excited about anything.. I can't wait to post pictures of my little pollywog chilling in my wifes tummy.. This is too cool.
Mar 25 2015 02:21pm
Week 7!

Sorry its been so long since the last update, been super busy! The ultrasound showed that the wife was actually around 2 weeks earlier than previously thought! So she is around week 7 now, our baby is the size of a pea, lol. The Ultrasound showed a strong heart beat, and everything looks great. The wife has a cough right now, but thats expected.. Little Baby A is taking all the energy from her. We have a visit to our actual GYN the 31st and the 3rd. Wish us luck!
Apr 5 2015 06:13am
Week 8

Yesterday, we went for our official visit to the doctors! They told us everything looked and sounded good, and that we were exactly 8 weeks along. Our babies heart rate is 173 bpm, which by the old wives tales says it's going to be a girl. We'll see, I personally don't care, as long as it comes out with 10 fingers and 10 toes. Our baby is about the size of a raspberry, weighs about .07 oz, and is just starting to form arm buds and leg buds. Without further wait, heres the newest pic

Next pics will be in about 2 months, around the time they'll determine the sex.

Apr 23 2015 11:25am
Week 10.5

Next week, we head out again to the Doctors to listen to our babies heart beat.. I can't wait, it'll be the first time we hear it. I feel like every doctors visit, the fact that I'm having a child sinks in more and more. Our family has done nothing but helped us as well! The wife's brother and sister in-law is giving us their old nursery furniture, which will help tremendously. I plan to refinish all of it once we get it.. We went yard sale shopping, and walked away with a swing, a tummy time thing and a bouncer for 40 bucks, all of which were in impeccable shape. The wife is doing great, I'm doing great.. The baby is doing great, what more could I ask for?
May 4 2015 02:37pm
Week 12 "?"

We went to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Friday, which was amazing. A strong heart beat, 166bpm. The wife is hoping for a little girl, I don't personally care what it is, all I know is I can't wait to meet my little baby. Next doctors visit will be a regular checkup, but we schedule the ultrasound to determine sex! Time is flying by so fast right now, but I'm enjoying every moment of this.
May 30 2015 03:05pm
week 16

we went back today and heard the heart beat.. Very strong, very clear... 155 BPM. I couldn't belive I could hear that little heart, so strong.... We opted into getting the tests done for fibromyalgia and cerebral palsy.. I'm certain that everything will be fine, but why not? Our next appointment will be made on Monday for our sonogram that should determine the sex.. We can't wait.

Oh, and everybody STILL insists it's a girl.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 30 2015 03:06pm
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic