d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Worth Playing?
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 300.00
Feb 16 2015 08:57am
A friend and I used to play Cabal / WoW like crazy and now that life is settling down we have a shit ton more time. We're looking for a new MMO to get into and we're thinking of GW2.

How's the community? Generally friendly? Decent population?

How's the leveling? Is it a mass grind fest or mostly questing? Are there dungeons to level up in?

Is there any endgame PvE? Is it popular at all?

Is PvP fairly balanced? Is it difficult in terms of gear for a noob to survive?

Should I stfu, try the game and see for myself? ;P
Gold: 277.00
Feb 16 2015 12:25pm
I cannot speak for EU servers because I don't play there, but...

Community is generally friendly, with some exceptions (as expected). It can get messy in PvP...but people really only do it for daily achievement stuff anyway, so who cares.

Leveling is super easy, but leveling is not what you should be focused on, but more so the experience of exploring the world.

There are dungeons for lower levels, but it's best to do them when you're 80, once you have all your traits and skills.

Endgame PvE is basically dress-up barbie. You fight with other people over who looks more fashionable and fabulous.

PvP balance is OKAY. Not the best, not the worst, but definitely can see improvement in a lot of areas. PvP gear is free, and you have access to it all.

There's 2 modes of "PvP" though. There's a "competitive" PvP, and a zerg PvP. The zerg PvP uses all your PvE gear and skills, while the other provides you with everything.

Yes, you should stfu and just go play.
Gold: 24.40
Feb 16 2015 05:22pm
ide recommend it.

leveling your first character is very fun, i couldnt stop smiling when i first played it.
the combat system (imo) is better than WoW, its mostly skill shots in gw2.
plus having the ability to manually dodge/block is just amazing.

end game is so-so, not nearly as much to do when compared to WoW.
still worth the money, and even more fun when playing with other people.
Gold: 150.00
Feb 16 2015 11:06pm
The community is pretty solid. Most are friendly, some trolls as well. But that's to be expected. The community is still active in NA. Leveling is done by many ways. If you do buy the game... Don't rush it. Take it all in. If you rush it you'll end up regretting it. You can do dungeons, but I'd recommend doing that at level 80, much better. The endgame stuff is like WVWVW, or getting cool looking gear. PvP is okay, balanced ehhhh, best you can get for now. And yes, just buy the game. Play with friends, it's best played with them...

Gold: 0.37
Feb 17 2015 03:24pm
I played for a few months, starting from the release night. I logged on for the first time in idk...2 years last night. I had a million things pop up so I got scared and logged off :(
Gold: 212.00
Feb 19 2015 01:22am
Yeah that is the one problem with so much new content & changes
There are a lot of people who log in and see specifically the wardrobe & level system changes and then get pissed off and log out
I've heard this from a handful of users actually

Those types of changes are great for avid players but just cause confusion with more casual players who do not want to relearn the game every time they log in
Gold: 150.00
Feb 19 2015 09:03am
Quote (bradp89 @ Feb 17 2015 04:24pm)
I played for a few months, starting from the release night. I logged on for the first time in idk...2 years last night. I had a million things pop up so I got scared and logged off :(

Every time they add a game changer, I run around Lion's Arch yelling 'I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!'
Gold: 0.37
Feb 19 2015 10:46pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Feb 19 2015 01:22am)
Yeah that is the one problem with so much new content & changes
There are a lot of people who log in and see specifically the wardrobe & level system changes and then get pissed off and log out
I've heard this from a handful of users actually

Those types of changes are great for avid players but just cause confusion with more casual players who do not want to relearn the game every time they log in

Didn't even see the leveling change. What changed? I had like 90 chests that I opened, had no idea wtf most of the shit was. It looks so much different now. It's weird lol.

Quote (Overdoses @ Feb 19 2015 09:03am)
Every time they add a game changer, I run around Lion's Arch yelling 'I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!'

Probably what I should've done lol.
Gold: 300.00
Feb 21 2015 05:32pm
Thanks for taking the time to answer guys! My next question is..

I'm torn between Thief and Necro. I will probably focus on PvE at first and once I have the hang of the game (shouldn't take long..) I'll be jumping into PvP.

Any thoughts of the 2 classes? Thanks again! :D
Gold: 34.08
Feb 21 2015 05:40pm
Quote (Eternal_Amaranth @ Feb 21 2015 11:32pm)
Thanks for taking the time to answer guys! My next question is..

I'm torn between Thief and Necro. I will probably focus on PvE at first and once I have the hang of the game (shouldn't take long..) I'll be jumping into PvP.

Any thoughts of the 2 classes? Thanks again! :D

Necro for PvE. Does crazy damage. Easiest to pick up.

Also, learning to play a class in PvE is not entirely the same as learning in PvP, so beware of that.
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll