d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > British Terror Attack Inevitable And Imminent
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,203.86
Feb 16 2015 12:09pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 16 2015 01:43pm)
a little bipolarity going on homes?

no you sir just have no abbility to detect sarcasam

Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2015 01:48pm)
Generational wealth is one of the best aspects of capitalism. Families working hard to ensure a good life for their children is a good thing. I know liberals are uncomfortable with things like work and family, though.

yup us liberals sure hate families you got us.

I can see you have given this ALOT of thought
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 16 2015 12:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 16 2015 12:54pm)
I don't think that an individual working his whole life to accumulate a fortune for his kids to blow after he dies is the best thing about capitalism :lol:

As long as you're smart and control how your money is spent after you die. I will be giving my kids some, but I want them to be functional people so they won't get all. Other people need it more anyway, as they'll have the benefit of being raised by me. If I pay for their college and give them help on a nest egg I think that will be enough.

I grew up flat poor and I have achieved more than I would have ever thought. I want my children to have this sort of pride available to them if they work for it, rather than most people who are content taking pride in their privilege instead of merit.

Look, the story of the rich guy who leaves his kids millions to blow is less than 1%.

You are the perfect example of capitalism working.

Quote (Nearin @ Feb 16 2015 01:09pm)
yup us liberals sure hate families you got us.

I can see you have given this ALOT of thought

You look at strong families with contempt. They don't have to drive their 30 year old cadillac to the welfare office, and that upsets you. They can put their kids through college, and that makes you envious.

You adhere to a spirit killing ideology.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 16 2015 12:20pm
Gold: 285.00
Feb 16 2015 12:23pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2015 01:20pm)

Lets not get personal please. I, like many in the recent past, lost a parent and a home due to health care profiteering and a new preexisting condition on a twenty year old insurance policy.

I pick up well and would do well within any economic system. Not everybody is so lucky to be born with my gifts.
Feb 16 2015 12:29pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 16 2015 01:23pm)
Lets not get personal please. I, like many in the recent past, lost a parent and a home due to health care profiteering and a new preexisting condition on a twenty year old insurance policy.

I pick up well and would do well within any economic system. Not everybody is so lucky to be born with my gifts.

Okay. I'm just saying that you being able to support your kids, and enable them to excel in life is an example of capitalism working. I never would claim that people don't fall through the cracks.
Feb 16 2015 12:31pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2015 02:20pm)
Look, the story of the rich guy who leaves his kids millions to blow is less than 1%.

You look at strong families with contempt. They don't have to drive their 30 year old cadillac to the welfare office, and that upsets you. They can put their kids through college, and that makes you envious.

You adhere to a spirit killing ideology.

How do i look at strong families with contempt. you have completely inserted that assumption.

I dont care about your Cadillac and im happy you are not on welfare.

What I dont like is your attitude as though there is no disparity in our current economic system, and acting like there are not marginalized groups who have left options. I was simply stating to widow that there are systemic reason that create higher levels of crime among young black men in america.

If you can't accept that there are people being pushed to the margins to such an extent that crime becomes significantly more attractive than you are just stupid and there nothing i can really do about that.
You seem to assume because i am a liberal that i think these people should all be free. No OFC criminals should go to jail, im just saying that you will continue to have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world if you don't attack the systemic causes that are generating crime.

Gold: 0.76
Feb 16 2015 12:59pm
How do i look at strong families with contempt. you have completely inserted that assumption.

What I dont like is your attitude as though there is no disparity in our current economic system, and acting like there are not marginalized groups who have left options. I was simply stating to widow that there are systemic reason that create higher levels of crime among young black men in america.

If you can't accept that there are people being pushed to the margins to such an extent that crime becomes significantly more attractive than you are just stupid and there nothing i can really do about that.
You seem to assume because i am a liberal that i think these people should all be free. No OFC criminals should go to jail, im just saying that you will continue to have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world if you don't attack the systemic causes that are generating crime.

I agree, but one thing too is look at what the crimes that they are being held for and you will also see a systematic discrimination in sentencing between whites and blacks for the same crime. IMO non-felony drug charges shouldn't result in time served, the same with non violent crime. These things would change the color of jails and prisons drastically

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Feb 16 2015 01:03pm
Feb 16 2015 01:21pm
Quote (Nearin @ Feb 16 2015 01:31pm)

Our liberal government is constantly thinking of more ways to take from the productive and throw it at the problems in the ghetto.
Feb 16 2015 01:39pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2015 03:21pm)
Our liberal government is constantly thinking of more ways to take from the productive and throw it at the problems in the ghetto.

Ya thats why the dividend tax rate is lower than the tax rate for labour derived income right?

Do you realize that boeing which consistantly reports american profits around 8 billion has a tax rate of -1.4%?

Gold: 285.00
Feb 16 2015 01:44pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2015 02:21pm)

My god you're so misinformed. You sound like Cam. Next you're going to tell me that the Bill of Rights is written right into the fabric of reality and money and speech is the same thing....or even worse, that corporations are people *puke*
Feb 16 2015 02:02pm
Quote (Nearin @ Feb 16 2015 02:39pm)
Ya thats why the dividend tax rate is lower than the tax rate for labour derived income right?

Do you realize that boeing which consistantly reports american profits around 8 billion has a tax rate of -1.4%?

I have no problem making our tax code simpler so that a company like Boeing actually has to pay up. That's a rational thing to do.

Quote (Skinned @ Feb 16 2015 02:44pm)
My god you're so misinformed. You sound like Cam. Next you're going to tell me that the Bill of Rights is written right into the fabric of reality and money and speech is the same thing....or even worse, that corporations are people *puke*

Did you listen to the last 3 State of the Union speeches from Obama? All about implementing new programs that will help the downtrodden. The liberals just don't have the votes.

Republicans are the best trolls in history.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll