d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obama Joins Zeitgeist
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 83.30
Feb 15 2015 10:52am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 15 2015 03:17pm)
...I am trying to expose his narrative .

I'll stick to my previous post.

Anyway, even if Obama's goal was to lessen the fear of terrorism I would support that. For too long have the American people been throwing away their privacy for marginal increased odds of safety. Challenging that is fine.
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 15 2015 10:58am
Quote (balrog66 @ Feb 15 2015 11:52am)
I'll stick to my previous post.

Anyway, even if Obama's goal was to lessen the fear of terrorism I would support that. For too long have the American people been throwing away their privacy for marginal increased odds of safety. Challenging that is fine.

...I maintain that is not the goal...his goal has always been to appease the Arab and Muslim world and it has been done at the expense of America's profile as a world leader and great military power . While one million ( yes , one million ) Iranians were marching in Tehran the other day chanting and holding signs that said " Death to America " our President was figuratively bowing toward Mecca in open denial of the threat .
Gold: 10.77
Feb 15 2015 11:40am
Uh, climate change is a bigger threat. Terrorism may target small populations (maybe millions of you consider ISIS a terrorist group and not a revolutionary organization) but climate change threatens billions through reduced food security and reduced land security as well as increasd disease and statistical increase in violence with temperature.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 15 2015 11:40am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Feb 2015 11:58)
...I maintain that is not the goal...his goal has always been to appease the Arab and Muslim world and it has been done at the expense of America's profile as a world leader and great military power . While one million ( yes , one million ) Iranians were marching in Tehran the other day chanting and holding signs that said " Death to America " our President was figuratively bowing toward Mecca in open denial of the threat .

Oh Bullocks Name a president that hasn't kissed a shiney brown Arab ass ever since they started squeezing millions of barrels of oil out of the sand. There is nothing wrong with having a positive relationship with the Muslim world the number of them that are terrorists in proportion is small. The world could in the same way treat us from the US. like we all are the same as the worst of our citizens.

Now you make the claim that one million Iranians were demonstrating in Tehran sound like they had gathered to demonstrate against America. When in fact they were celebrating their independence day. It's the day that they 36 years ago finally unseated the cruel unfair and ruthless ruler that the US had helped install. That is why they were gathered they gather at the same place on the same day every day, and chant the same thing. They don't like the US. and who if in their shoes could blame them?
Gold: 10.77
Feb 15 2015 11:43am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 15 2015 09:58am)

He's been bombing and drone striking them for 6 years. How is that appeasement?
Gold: 285.00
Feb 15 2015 11:47am
I don't think either is an existential threat, and they clearly aren't related.

Maybe he is trying to point out that we are doing a lot more to fight terrorism while not discouraging climate change at all.

Capitalism is flexible and innovating, it will make industries out of climate change and our technological innovators hopefully will see it as a challenge.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 15 2015 11:47am
Gold: 32,161.71
Feb 15 2015 11:48am
Can't really disagree with that statement tbh
Gold: 7,525.35
Feb 15 2015 01:36pm
I agree, what Democrats will do to combat climate change is a bigger danger to our well being than terrorism.
Gold: 152.00
Feb 15 2015 02:04pm
Excellent, glad he has his extinction priorities straight.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 15 2015 10:16am)
...and they are still two separate issues , one immediate and the other long term .

Yep, climate change is an immediate threat, terrorism long-term :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.76
Feb 15 2015 02:09pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 15 Feb 2015 14:36)
I agree, what Democrats will do to combat climate change is a bigger danger to our well being than terrorism.

Just what is so terrifying? suggesting we search for alternatives to coal to produce electricity? why is that so scary countries in Europe have been slowly switching for some time now.

pushing for cleaner emissions on cars? we've been slowly pushing the automakers forward on that all along.

help through tax incentives people who strive to make their home energy efficient, use solar power, wind power, even geo thermal heat, there are many options that I can run down that shouldn't be scary . do we need to clamp down on those that abuse out resources yes, it's time to get tough. But it doesn't have to be scary
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll