d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obama Joins Zeitgeist
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 89,176.00
Feb 15 2015 09:21am
Quote (TheGreatJohnJohn @ Feb 15 2015 09:06am)
If he actually believes that, then how long til we invade China for its polluting war crimes? I think its absolutely pathetic that the US, and so many other countries actually put the effort into doing something about this while others don't care and never will. This is the problem with global warming...try convincing the globe to change how they live. We are doing our part that's for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_per_capita

So our CO2 emissions per person has gone down slightly lately, while china's has more than doubled... so there's some truth to that.
But China's a developing nation, they started near the bottom while we're way at the top.
We still emit almost triple the CO2 per person as china does, so we could definitely do a lot more to lower it.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 15 2015 09:27am
http://www.climatehotmap.org/

climate change is going to be a much larger and more permanent disaster than some angry Muslims If you look at how it's affecting Africa and Central/South America already it's making changes that aren't going to stop they will only get worse ie; dryer, and hotter. Soon there will be large land masses that will be uninhabitable both for man and animal. These are changes that have happened with a global average temperature change of a little over one degree. It was expected that we wouldn't hit the one degree mark for another seven years so obviously the warm up is going faster than the scientists has cautiously predicted. So yes this is much more serious and dangerous
Gold: 500.00
Feb 15 2015 09:28am
i'ma trust the scientists on this one over old senile men who hate muslims
Feb 15 2015 09:37am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Feb 2015 10:16)
...and they are still two separate issues , one immediate and the other long term . While I expect the less than politically savvy to make these types of dumbass linkages and arguments I don't want to see it in the President of the United States . When the President speaks it is for a reason and his weak attempt to diminish the threat from radical Islam is most likely another political move in his never ending appeasement toward Islam and the Arab world .

You are such a political mole living in the conservative tunnels blind to what's really happening ;

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama on Wednesday made the case for Congress to formally authorize the use of military force in the war against ISIS, declaring that congressional passage of the measure makes the U.S. "strongest" in the fight, and that "ISIL is going to lose."

"Now, make no mistake, this is a difficult mission and it will remain difficult for some time," he said during an afternoon press conference. But, he added, "Our coalition is on the offensive, ISIL is on the defensive and ISIL is going to lose."

Obama, flanked by Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, outlined the parameters of the request he delivered to Congress earlier that day. He said the bill reflects "our core objective to destroy ISIL," and includes authority for a "systemic and sustained campaign of airstrikes," support and training for forces on the ground and humanitarian assistance.

He made clear, however, that the Authorization for the Use of Military Force, or AUMF, does not call for the deployment of ground troops in Iraq or Syria.

"I am convinced that the U.S. should not get back into another ground war in the Middle East -- it's not in our national security interest and not necessary for us to defeat ISIL," he said.

The proposal does give the military the "flexibility" to confront "unforeseen circumstances," potentially by deploying special forces in the region.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill received a draft AUMF, a resolution that would formally authorize the already six-month-old U.S. military effort against the militant group.

The joint resolution would limit the President's authority to wage a military campaign against ISIS to three years and does not authorize "enduring offensive ground combat operations," according to text of the resolution.

In a letter to Congress, Obama explained that the draft resolution would give him the authority to authorize "ground combat operations in limited circumstances," including rescue operations and special forces operations to "take military action against ISIL leadership."[/QUOTE

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/politics/isis-aumf-white-house-congress/index.html[/URL]
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 15 2015 09:40am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 15 2015 10:37am)
You are such a political mole living in the conservative tunnels blind to what's really happening ;

...here's what you need to do . Post your opinions without the incessant personal attacks . I know it's tough for someone like yourself who is so overly emotional but you are wearing out your welcome very quickly ....savvy ?
Feb 15 2015 09:54am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Feb 2015 10:40)
...here's what you need to do . Post your opinions without the incessant personal attacks . I know it's tough for someone like yourself who is so overly emotional but you are wearing out your welcome very quickly ....savvy ?

so you're saying it's fine for you to insult me.......but I shouldn't hurt your feelings? :cry:
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 15 2015 10:01am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 15 2015 10:54am)
so you're saying it's fine for you to insult me.......but I shouldn't hurt your feelings? :cry:

...that's hilarious....do you really think that everyone gets hurt feelings like you ?

What I am tired of is you derailing every thread with your childish nonsense and you're stalking of my posts . Get back on topic , stay on topic or gtfo .
Gold: 0.20
Feb 15 2015 10:30am
Nothing wrong here. He already has plans for ISIS. Now he wants to do something about climate change? Whats the big deal?
Feb 15 2015 10:40am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Feb 2015 09:53)
Climate Change Is A Bigger Threat Than Terrorism, Says Obama

By sonali raj on February 13 2015 3:22 AM

US President Barack Obama believes climate change is a greater threat to national security in the United States than terrorism. His views on the issue were confirmed by White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I'll let you guys know if I figure out his username on JSP because he's definitely been posting here in PaRD .

In conjuction with the Rules Of The Political/religious Forum I've gone more in depth and more specific with tips to help you keep your discussion or debate going without getting off-topic, turning into a flame war and in the end getting it closed.

Why Am I Doing This ?

In this subforum there is alot of positive, intelligent conversation and discussion that goes on and I really enjoy reading and discussing. Alot of people use these forums for the right reason. On the other side alot of people don't know what these forums should be used for it is not a place for spam, it is not a place for vulgar language and immature behavior. It is a place to dicuss your Religions and Political thoughts and anything else that could be related.

I've noticed alot of topics get creared, get off topic right away then get closed. This is a clear waste of your time and the moderators time so I'm going to post this because it will make things even more clear for people who aren't getting it.

How To Make A Good Debate

Choose a discussion topic that you are educated in or if you are not do a bit of research to make sure you have some good facts. If you are asking a question or searching for peoples opinions and views be clear in what you are asking and always make sure you are communicating properly. Don't use vulgar language for this is insulting to people and will get your topic closed and you can't hold a debate in a closed topic. At the end of your post perhaps provide some links to your resources make sure they are safe links that would be/are approved by a moderator, your topic will get closed and you will get warned if you provide an unsafe/inappropriate link. Remember to always speak clear and again avoid the " Lexicon Of Losers " ( The use of foul and immature language ).

Five Common Sense Tips :

1. Know what you are talking about and bring proof and backup to prove your points
2. Don't become angry and upset if someone disagree's with you, this is a debate forum so prove your point ! Generally there are is no right or wrong because they are mere opinions
3. Keep it clean, too often someone disagrees and the user will turn to flames and curses to "prove" their points. You can debate and discuss effectivley without being rude and ignorant.
4. RELAX AND HAVE FUN !

As an active forum within the d2jsp community, the general expectation is that everyone will try to have fun and follow the general rules and policies of the site. Usually, that is what happens. Sometimes a reminder about what can and can’t be posted is worth reading for sake of helping keep the forums clean. The following is a list of topics that have recently been reposted too many times, and it’s not meant to be exhaustive of all the repeatedly reposted topics:

9/11 inside job threads
Marijuana legalization threads
"How to get into heaven when you die”
God isn't real threads/God exists threads
Bible passage threads for sake of spam
Racist or misogynist topics
News Stories that are straight copy/paste without commentary/points of discussion
Flame topics, topics related to vent, Wrong Forum topics

These topics tend to deliberately or unintentionally create spam fests. They also provoke drama. If those subjects are covered in topics, it’s a good idea to make sure that your posts have some content (it’s always a good idea, because spam isn’t okay), because the Moderator Team checks these topics more closely. Sometimes a joke will appear ambiguous, a casual remark will offend someone, etc..

Here some useful tips for when you post:

Consider the feeling of others when posting about “delicate” subjects
Repeating yourself or flaming doesn’t enhance your argument or point
Don’t pick on people for mistakes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.. We don’t need “Grammar Police”. Just let it be
Try not to put others down. It doesn’t build you up, and it only leaves a sour taste in everyone’s mouth. Not everyone is well educated, good at self-expression, or up-to-date on recent events. Again, let it be, or at least try to help someone out by trying to put the point another way

What really was the point of this thread? it seemed rather derailed before it left the train yard.
Gold: 2,211.60
Feb 15 2015 10:49am
Oh, so he's saying they're might be something slightly off ( :D ) with the fairy tale of an infinite growth paradigm?

Saying, maybe people should start thinking about the wonderful advantages with global, local organic food and energy production, rehabilitation of deserts and ecosystems through permaculture design?

Oh.. THAT'S GREAT MR. PREZ U GO GIRL
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll