d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Dungeons & Dragons Online > Jsut Started Playing
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,372.01
Feb 14 2015 02:42pm
looking for some newbie tips. level 1 cleric
Gold: 3,372.01
Feb 15 2015 04:14pm
yall are so helpful it's overwhelming me please stop.
Gold: 50.00
Feb 15 2015 06:29pm
Tip 1:
Don't be afraid to run a dungeon worth a lot of XP multiple times. If I remember correctly, it's best to do it in this order: Elite x3, hard, normal.

Tip 2:
Don't fucking multiclass unless you know what you're doing. It's a lot easier to go from pure to multi in the future than vice-versa.

Tip 3:
You're a cleric, and your DPS is going to suck. Accept this. That doesn't mean you're useless for damage, but you won't be topping kill counts.
I've played melee cleric, caster, and healer. A lot of people will tell you healers aren't necessary, but it damn sure helps. Not everyone is 100% solo self-heal build. I got into a lot of raids just because I was a healer.

Tip 4:
Don't bother with pvp, it's a waste of your time.

Tip 5:
It's a lot easier to carry around scrolls for buffs than try and have them all prepared. With enough UMD, you can use everyone else's buffs!

Tip 6:
Don't go DC caster unless you are ready to invest a lot of time/money.

Tip 7:
Don't drive yourself crazy trying to min-max. There's too much to account for when you start playing. True Resurrections let you start your character over and reward you for finishing the leveling process.
Gold: 163,135.00
Feb 15 2015 07:02pm
Quote (Sneakymuff1n @ Feb 15 2015 08:29pm)
Tip 1:
Don't be afraid to run a dungeon worth a lot of XP multiple times. If I remember correctly, it's best to do it in this order: Elite x3, hard, normal.

Tip 2:
Don't fucking multiclass unless you know what you're doing. It's a lot easier to go from pure to multi in the future than vice-versa.

Tip 3:
You're a cleric, and your DPS is going to suck. Accept this. That doesn't mean you're useless for damage, but you won't be topping kill counts.
I've played melee cleric, caster, and healer. A lot of people will tell you healers aren't necessary, but it damn sure helps. Not everyone is 100% solo self-heal build. I got into a lot of raids just because I was a healer.

Tip 4:

Tip 5:
It's a lot easier to carry around scrolls for buffs than try and have them all prepared. With enough UMD, you can use everyone else's buffs!

Tip 6:

Tip 7:
Don't drive yourself crazy trying to min-max. There's too much to account for when you start playing. True Resurrections let you start your character over and reward you for finishing the leveling process.

Fantastic tips. Everything he mentioned i agree. Stick to that and you will love the game. Ive done half the things he mentioned different, and its pretty difficult unless u invest your time and money.
On a side note, i have a strong starting character for sale as well as 3 million platinum. Pm me if you are interested in getting a head start in the game.
Gold: 1,013.00
Feb 16 2015 01:34am
Quote (Sneakymuff1n @ Feb 15 2015 07:29pm)
Tip 1:

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5:

Tip 6:

Tip 7:

All true, this game is a huge time investment, but there is an unreal amount of content for a 'free' game. In order to become the most powerful you need to play to 20 over ~30ish times for all the past life feats.
Gold: 977.00
Feb 17 2015 05:49am
Quote (Sneakymuff1n @ 16 Feb 2015 04:29)
Tip 1:

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5:

Tip 6:

Tip 7:

agreed
Gold: 2,214.00
Feb 20 2015 01:51am
For heroic, you can get away with just spamming (maximized!)blade barrier and divine disciple spells. By the time you get to epic you'll be better off as heal spec and using epic destiny abilities to deal damage.
Gold: 50.00
Mar 13 2015 07:23am
Can we get an update OP? How you doing?

(Also, forgot to mention: OP as shit sunbeam. Not sure if they patched it yet, but it auto-blinds any blindable mob [definitely a bug]. Blinded mobs wander around and have like an additional 50% chance to miss attacks. I did way too many high level epic/heroics that I shouldn't have been able to because blind 24/7 baby, spam that shit.)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 11 2015 09:44am
[YOUTUBE][URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EWFX55sJbo[/URL][/YOUTUBE]
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 11 2015 09:44am
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EWFX55sJbo[/YOUTUBE]
Go Back To Dungeons & Dragons Online Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll