d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Hearthstone Blog V2.0 > It's Time To Duel!
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,407.00
Mar 25 2017 08:19pm
Only one card in his hand that he didn't keep in his mulligan. Surely this Ancient of War will live, right?

Nope.

Mar 25 2017 08:24pm
More importantly, got legend for the second time. Again, using Druid. I was doing okay with Pirate Warrior but there were so many Dragon Priests so I switched it up and it worked quite well.

Mar 27 2017 06:07am
So I wanted to talk about the things that I learned over the past couple years playing this game. This thread itself is over two years old! Of course I learned a lot about playing Hearthstone but I also learned a lot about getting good at a video game in general which will hopefully carry over to whatever game I decide to take seriously after hearthstone. I'll say a few things that I think are going to be true in general about video games first then some things that apply specifically to Hearthstone.

Video Games:

• You have to do your research and learn from people who are better than you.
  • Try to stay as emotionally neutral as possible. You only play worse when you are upset.
  • It's going to take a lot of time.
  • You need to be consistent, you can't just play for a week straight then stop for a month.

Hearthstone:

• Even more importantly here, stay emotionally neutral
  • Learn from your mistakes
  • Think hard before making what seems like the obvious move
  • Never forget the basics: draw first, A.B.C., etc
  • The legend grind is just that, a grind, be patient

Hitting legend again, and early enough in the season where I can try to actually grind for a decent rank, was a huge confidence booster. Getting stuck at Rank 3 for a little bit but then staying positive, trying to read the current meta, and playing really focused are things that really helped me out near the end and things I need to still work on. This is game where it's really easy to get frustrated because of bad draws and then play terrible.

So the biggest things I want to work on doing or start doing are going to be:

• Record games, go back and analyze any tough turns to find a misplay
  • Not switch decks so frequently after I get a couple losses in a row.
  • Play with focus. No streams/videos on while playing.
  • Try to read my opponents' hand better.
  • Get some tournament experience.

I still have a few unmet goals in Hearthstone. Right now, the remainder of the list is:

• Get 4 Arena wins consistently
  • Get 7 Arena wins consistently. Which I hear is almost impossible, so infinite arena will do
  • Get every class to level 60. (Paladin and Rogue are slacking, Priest, Hunter, and Shaman are close)
  • Get golden hero powers for every class. (I have 4 out of 9 right now. Hunter or Shaman will probably be next.)
  • Get every card in the game. I'll settle for every standard card since that's where the competitve scene is.
  • Get Rank 1 Legend

I have some gold saved up for the new expansion, I think I'll spend it all on Arena. I really hate the arena, so I'm not making it a priority at all. Getting every card in the game might happen sooner if I decide to spend more money on this game, even though that's kind of like cheating. Rank 1 won't happen for while I don't think, but I can always hope!

For the rest of the season, I'm just going to try to get a better legend rank. Top 500 would be awesome. I might even try to grind for a good season finish but I'm not getting my hopes up lol.

Apr 1 2017 06:09am
So I tried doing the end-of-season grind, and man was it tough. I ended with a much worse rank than when I started, somewhere below 3,000, but it was pretty fun. I want to get better at getting legend to do that last day grind. Anyway, here's what I got from my chest and a pack I got from a daily login reward.

May 20 2017 05:40am
Lazy bump so this thread doesn't close. Haven't been playing really :(
Jul 4 2017 05:16am
Started playing a little bit. Messing around with Midrange Hunter and Zoo Lock. That's about all I have to report on for now.
Sep 25 2017 06:53am
Started playing again. The past few seasons I really haven't done much outside of getting to Rank 5. I've been barely keeping up with the meta. I have not been very happy with the latest expansion. However, with the Innervate nerf the ladder has been a bit more enjoyable. At Rank 9 now. I recently ended my 2+ year relationship, so I'll have a bit more time on my hands. This month I might just go for Rank 5 and then try for Legend again next month. We'll see.
Nov 7 2017 07:19am
Got to Rank 5 last season. Crafted some legendaries, climbing this season... too much goin on to post screenshots for everything. But most importantly, I started streaming! If anyone wants to watch me play Hearthstone, just check out https://twitch.tv/hijinked
Nov 14 2017 05:14am
Got a golden Nat Pagel from my golden pack. Dusted him. Also dusted some other golden legendaries I had that I didn't think I would ever use. Created Sjow's Big Druid deck. Also hit 300 Priest wins and got Rank 5 this season. Trying to get Rank 3 this week and maybe push for Legend over the weekend.

Nov 28 2017 01:53pm
Rank 2 right now with just a few days left. But I'm still going for it!
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic