d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Hearthstone Blog V2.0 > It's Time To Duel!
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,407.00
Feb 5 2015 06:21am
I tried hearthstone before but I ended up quitting because it just felt like it was too pay-to-win. But now I'm actually kind of interested in the challenge of going far with a budget/basic deck. Having said that, I do want to work towards making a decent deck that can get me to legend. My ultimate goal is to be Rank 1 with Every class at level 60 with golden hero powers and every card in the game, but mostly my goal is just to get to legend. It's probably going to take a long time because my school workload this semester is insane and I suck at this game. But I believe in the heart of the cards.

Here's the general outline of how I plan on doing that:

• Use my current mid-range mage deck to practice the game in ranked play
  • Save up my gold for a while instead of buying packs
  • Study the Arena a lot
  • Make a strong attempt to get good at arena play so I can get lots of gold/cards
  • Get a better deck for ranked play for a few different classes
  • Practicy and study the meta game and get Legend rank
  • Keep practicing and playing until Rank 1 with all cards and all golden hero powers

Here are my goals along the way:

• Get Rank 12 (Currently 19, was 16 a few days ago)
  • Get 4 Arena wins consistently - 4 wins is an average of 50gold + a pack worth 100gold, so with a 150gold buy-in it's cost neutral
  • Get 7 Arena wins consistently - this is 150gold reward minimum so I can just continuously play Arena
  • Unlock Naxx using gold because I don't want to spend any money
  • Build a top-tier deck, probably mech mage since I like mage the most and it is very strong in the meta, but maybe control warrior since they look like fun
  • Get every class to level 30
  • Get Rank 8
  • Get Rank 3
  • Get Legend - If I can just reach this goal I'll be happy
  • Get every class to rank 60
  • Get golden hero powers for every class
  • Get every card in the game
  • Get rank 1

Here's my current stats:

And here's my deck, not shown in pic are 1x Sunwalker and 1x Flamestrike

Feb 6 2015 09:58am
Had a tough handful of matches, got up to 17 and then pushed down to almost 20. Then I was able to bounce back and get to 16.

Then immediately after got to 15. Iirc this is the highest rank I've ever gotten but I may have gotten to 14 before.

Feb 7 2015 01:12pm
Been playing a lot this morning, haven't been doing too well. Decided to try out some different decks. I took out Amani Berzerker and added Emperer Cobra. Both of them were usually targets for spell removal but if the Cobra isn't killed he has a bit more mana efficiency since I would usually have to ping the Berzerker to use him to take out a big threat. Since the current meta revolves so much around getting a lot of minions out early I took out a couple other cards and added a Frost Nova and a Blizzard, just to stall if nothing else.

I had this close game that I thought was pretty cool. I was behind for the majority of the game but came back and barely won. Was against a druid so all he needed was one turn to hero power and kill me.

I had some bad losing streaks today and got as low as 19, but I came back and got up to 15 again.

Feb 8 2015 06:32pm
Some rough matches today, I dropped down to 17, bounced back up to 15, but then finished at 17 again. I may play some more later but I don't know. I took out some of the spell cards designed just to stall, like Mirror Image and Frost Nova, and added some more 3-damage, 2-mana cards that can trade into some 3 mana cards, especially mechs, to help maintain the board in the early game. Since I'm using pretty basic cards I think my game needs to play more control than to try to out-damage my opponent. I'm confident this deck can get up to rank 13 or even 12.

This happened, which is why fuck mechs, fuck mages, and fuck everything.

But I won this close match, it was against a hunter so he only needed 1 more turn to hero power.

Then I had this close match also. Bad screenshot but my opponent had lethal and then I top-decked a fireball.

Feb 17 2015 08:27am
I did about 5 or so arena runs over the weekend. I think my average was 3-3 which I can live with since I've done arena maybe 3 times ever.

This was my first run. I didn't get anything amazing in the draft which is how most of my runs went. For 3 or 4 mage picks I think I only got 1 flamestrike.

I did have this close game against a warrior that was cool.

And at the end of the night this happened. I guess it doesn't mean much since I still don't have a decent deck or worthwhile rank, but it was still cool. Maybe I'll try a different class now. I like warrior but I don't have the cards for it, so I might try druid.

Mar 2 2015 02:25pm
I haven't really had any time to play but i think my plan is going to be to work towards getting naxx and trying a druid deck.
Mar 14 2015 07:55am
I decided instead of druid I am going to stick with my Mage. I guess the meta game has become less aggro and my midrange mage was going okay, I got to rank 16 the first day I played this season.

I've been buying some GvG packs instead of getting Naxx and I decided to embrace the cancer mage. This warrior couldn't handle it. I have 18/20 of the cookie cutter mech mage cards. I could probably craft 3 or 4 of the rest of them but I want to save up for Dr. Boom.

And just now I got to my career high ranking of 14 with my deck.

Mar 16 2015 05:38pm
Made some deck changes and got to 13. Instead of trying to go for some hybrid mech/midrange mage deck I made a new midrange deck with some mech synergy. I took out some mech's and kept the ones that are more universally useful like Piloted Shredder and Mechanical Yeti.

Then I immediately lost to this warrior by fatigue, I thought it was interesting though. Warriors and Paladins I think are my worst match-ups. Weapons are just too stronk.

Mar 21 2015 06:01am
Decided to just buy Naxx with real life money. I've been experimenting with some cards in my Mage deck like Loatheb, Sludge Belcher, and Shade of Naxxramas. I'm still lacking too many cards to make a decent Druid deck that can use them. I'm also giving Hunter some more thought. But playing through the expansion was fun.

4 Spores + Unleash the Hounds was nice.

Mar 25 2015 09:17am
Dropped down to rank 15 and decided to try something new. I made a zoo lock with some of the cool naxx cards I got like Nerubian Egg and Haunted Creeper. I may try adding Echoing Ooz as well. I am missing 1 Defender of Argus and a couple Warlock cards but the deck is working out better than I anticipated. I'll try to upload some screenshots this weekend.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic