d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > First Look At The Wilds Of Maguuma Jungle
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 277.00
Feb 6 2015 05:23pm
In case you missed the pointless PoI: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/6055234
Feb 15 2015 11:26am
I've already shared this with people in my guild, but figured I'd put it here too, in case anyone was interested.

These notes are from Jun 2013 from the alpha phase, posted by an internal tester.

Do not take it as finalized copy, as it's very much a possibility that a lot of it was changed or scrapped. However, the engineer clip with a fiery hammer does fit the description.

Hammer skills that they had listed in the alpha:

1. (A)Friction Swing - Swing your hammer and gather heat.
(B)Heated Swing - Swing your hammer again, gathering more heat.
(C)Blasting Cap - Smash the super heated hammer into the ground, detonating the blasting cap on its tip.
2. Nerve Sap - Spin and leech speed, crippling nearby foes. Gain swiftness for each foe hit.
3. Sonic Uppercut - Swing your hammer, launching a sonic wave in a line that launches foes back towards you.
4. Rocket Rush - Slide forward and collide with your target, leaving behind a line of fire that burns foes. Immobilizes on impact.
5. Surgical Strike - Point and drop an explosive rocket on the target area.

Guardian Longbow is something new that they are trying. They are trying to put a "stance" on it, and it will change the way your skills work based on which stance you're in. Here are the skills they have listed:

1. Puncture Shot (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies, damaging them and causing vulnerability.
1. Puncture Shot (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies. When the arrow passes through an ally it will heal them for a small amount.
2. Light Arrow (DPS Stance) - Charge up energy, creating a powerful attack which pierces through enemies.
2. Light Arrow (Support Stance) - Charge up energy coating your arrow with light, causing it to heal allies which it passes through.
3. Symbol of Battle (DPS Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, burning targets and searing a symbol of battle into the ground.
3. Symbol of Battle (Support Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, healing allies and searing a symbol of energy into the ground.
4. Protector's Chain (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, pulling in and crippling other nearby enemies.
4. Protector's Chain (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, knocking back and crippling other nearby enemies.
5. Zealot's Retribution Stance - Zealot's Retribution Stance changes your weapon skills to damage and debuff enemies.
5. Protector's Light Stance - Your longbow skills focus on supporting and aiding allies.

This post was edited by Kurow on Feb 15 2015 11:27am
Gold: 24.40
Feb 15 2015 08:55pm
Quote (Kurow @ Feb 15 2015 11:26am)
I've already shared this with people in my guild, but figured I'd put it here too, in case anyone was interested.

These notes are from Jun 2013 from the alpha phase, posted by an internal tester.

Do not take it as finalized copy, as it's very much a possibility that a lot of it was changed or scrapped. However, the engineer clip with a fiery hammer does fit the description.

Hammer skills that they had listed in the alpha:

1. (A)Friction Swing - Swing your hammer and gather heat.
(B)Heated Swing - Swing your hammer again, gathering more heat.
(C)Blasting Cap - Smash the super heated hammer into the ground, detonating the blasting cap on its tip.
2. Nerve Sap - Spin and leech speed, crippling nearby foes. Gain swiftness for each foe hit.
3. Sonic Uppercut - Swing your hammer, launching a sonic wave in a line that launches foes back towards you.
4. Rocket Rush - Slide forward and collide with your target, leaving behind a line of fire that burns foes. Immobilizes on impact.
5. Surgical Strike - Point and drop an explosive rocket on the target area.

Guardian Longbow is something new that they are trying. They are trying to put a "stance" on it, and it will change the way your skills work based on which stance you're in. Here are the skills they have listed:

1. Puncture Shot (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies, damaging them and causing vulnerability.
1. Puncture Shot (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies. When the arrow passes through an ally it will heal them for a small amount.
2. Light Arrow (DPS Stance) - Charge up energy, creating a powerful attack which pierces through enemies.
2. Light Arrow (Support Stance) - Charge up energy coating your arrow with light, causing it to heal allies which it passes through.
3. Symbol of Battle (DPS Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, burning targets and searing a symbol of battle into the ground.
3. Symbol of Battle (Support Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, healing allies and searing a symbol of energy into the ground.
4. Protector's Chain (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, pulling in and crippling other nearby enemies.
4. Protector's Chain (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, knocking back and crippling other nearby enemies.
5. Zealot's Retribution Stance - Zealot's Retribution Stance changes your weapon skills to damage and debuff enemies.
5. Protector's Light Stance - Your longbow skills focus on supporting and aiding allies.

the support stance seems cool.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 18 2015 01:00pm
Have they still yet to release a price?
Hoping this shit is like $30 not $60
Gold: 22.00
Feb 18 2015 01:01pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Feb 18 2015 02:00pm)
Have they still yet to release a price?
Hoping this shit is like $30 not $60

this was basically answered when they said the expansion is not a standalone
Feb 18 2015 01:03pm
Quote (Wretch @ Feb 18 2015 01:01pm)
this was basically answered when they said the expansion is not a standalone

Weird

Q: How much will the expansion cost?
A: We have not announced pricing yet.

Now i know anet sucks at updating their website posts, so I just decided I would ask if an exact price has came up recently. ( i don't watch their streams)
Gold: 34.08
Feb 19 2015 06:46am
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Feb 18 2015 07:03pm)
Weird

Q: How much will the expansion cost?
A: We have not announced pricing yet.

Now i know anet sucks at updating their website posts, so I just decided I would ask if an exact price has came up recently. ( i don't watch their streams)

Wahh wahh. Just use mommy's credit card kiddo.
Or better yet, just don't buy it. Really could do with one less carebear on the game.
Banned
Warn: 20%
Feb 19 2015 03:31pm
Quote (AirJohnny @ Feb 19 2015 04:46am)
Or better yet, just don't buy it. Really could do with one less carebear on the game.

jokes on u m8 he uses his nans card
Gold: 4,604.16
Feb 20 2015 04:10am
Quote (AirJohnny @ Feb 19 2015 07:46am)

I find it quite humorous when you of all people try to insult someone with the word carebear. Seriously captain power puff go ask your dad, brother, or uncle to use their card to buy you some new insults. After all they're probably the ones who made you what you're today. Unless you're still accepting candy lmfao! You San Francisco Nancy boy.

Wuablo walks the earth! :ph34r:
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll