d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Gw2 > Viable Build?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 30 2015 02:55am
Quote (Kurow @ Jan 29 2015 04:57pm)
I respectfully disagree.

D/P is A LOT easier to play for newbies.

Playing S/D takes a lot more skill because you can't just 52 disengage.

D/P is much harder to play imho

S/D you can just spam infinite evades, it's completely cheese and has 1200 range disengage always set up.

S/D gives you the extra vit and condi removal, unless you are playing panic strike you have none except for shadow step.

Any decent player (especially good thieves) are going to try headshot your heartseeker or use other types of CC before you stealth, it's not that easy at all in high play and not uncommon to be put up against premades or people far above your MMR. GW2 pvp is very unforgiving to new players.

I would suggest a warrior as 99% of the class is just passives.

P/P thief is absolute garbage in spvp, niche in pve, and idk about WvW I don't play that.

This post was edited by Scottismyboyfriend on Jan 30 2015 03:17am
Gold: 212.00
Feb 1 2015 08:48am
P/D is actually great in WvW
It's tanky and food/utilities such as Koi Cakes/Tuning Crystals, make the condi durations ridiculous
Gold: 150.00
Feb 1 2015 04:34pm
Quote (Scottismyboyfriend @ Jan 30 2015 03:55am)
D/P is much harder to play imho

S/D you can just spam infinite evades, it's completely cheese and has 1200 range disengage always set up.

S/D gives you the extra vit and condi removal, unless you are playing panic strike you have none except for shadow step.

Any decent player (especially good thieves) are going to try headshot your heartseeker or use other types of CC before you stealth, it's not that easy at all in high play and not uncommon to be put up against premades or people far above your MMR. GW2 pvp is very unforgiving to new players.

I would suggest a warrior as 99% of the class is just passives.

P/P thief is absolute garbage in spvp, niche in pve, and idk about WvW I don't play that.

Ever S/D thief I vs in sPvP so far Ive destroyed by playing D/P. D/P has the flaw of can't hold points while stealth but it's very bursty. Only have problem with cheesy cele ele and cele engi...
Gold: 37.00
Feb 2 2015 10:47am
Quote (Overdoses @ 2 Feb 2015 01:34)
Ever S/D thief I vs in sPvP so far Ive destroyed by playing D/P. D/P has the flaw of can't hold points while stealth but it's very bursty. Only have problem with cheesy cele ele and cele engi...

first of all this thread was about a new guy and pvp, second "every sd thief I vs in spvp" is not a valid fact, unless u name thieves that are recognized as top of their weaponset, if u watch last week esl EU(sizer) killed the DP thief on 1v1 a few times.

This post was edited by jimania on Feb 2 2015 10:50am
Gold: 277.00
Feb 2 2015 01:21pm
Quote (jimania @ Feb 2 2015 11:47am)
unless u name thieves that are recognized as top of their weaponset

Please, I'm going to have to ask you to stop right there.

Just because someone is not popular by name, doesn't make them any less of a skillful player than someone who streams, makes utoob videos, or attends tournaments.

I've seen this numerous times where a regular pug plays better than some known player. One of the easiest examples is that one thief WvW utoob/streamer that I hear/heard about a lot (think his name was Yoshis or something).

...and this isn't restricted to GW2.

In a D/P matchup against a S/D, it's shameful for the D/P to lose.

This post was edited by Kurow on Feb 2 2015 01:22pm
Gold: 150.00
Feb 2 2015 06:54pm
Quote (jimania @ Feb 2 2015 11:47am)
first of all this thread was about a new guy and pvp, second "every sd thief I vs in spvp" is not a valid fact, unless u name thieves that are recognized as top of their weaponset, if u watch last week esl EU(sizer) killed the DP thief on 1v1 a few times.

1st off, I was adding to his post. 2nd off, yes, let me write down every shit thief and their weapon set in sPvP from now on. I'll have to ask them to stop fighting so I can break out a pen and a sticky note. 3rd off, fuck off. This game has no PvP.
Feb 3 2015 01:13pm
kurow, that yoshi guy has a name doesn't he? point proven
now about d/p vs s/d in what terms? beach fighting? contesting? assaulting? defending? are u on an organised team that is scouting the map?

to overdoses
u are simply mad cause u offered nothing to this thread but some rant and been shutdown.

This post was edited by jimania on Feb 3 2015 01:14pm
Feb 3 2015 01:19pm
Quote (jimania @ Feb 3 2015 02:13pm)
kurow, that yoshi guy has a name doesn't he? point proven
now about d/p vs s/d in what terms? beach fighting? contesting? assaulting? defending? are u on an organised team that is scouting the map?

to overdoses
u are simply mad cause u offered nothing to this thread but some rant and been shutdown.

I have a name too...what about it? Your argument is so flawed.

It's almost like you couldn't even comprehend what I typed.

Please stop!

This post was edited by Kurow on Feb 3 2015 01:21pm
Feb 3 2015 04:34pm
Quote (Kurow @ 3 Feb 2015 22:19)
I have a name too...what about it? Your argument is so flawed.

It's almost like you couldn't even comprehend what I typed.

Please stop!

you should stop arguing for no reason, if the thieves u duel or u have seen duel, are not the best ones u cant say x weapon vs x weapon and this is a thread about a new player regardless, which weapon set is better is situation specific.
You said dp vs sd matchup the dp thief would be in shame to lose to the sd, well how so? can u give me a few facts about that?

This post was edited by jimania on Feb 3 2015 04:41pm
Feb 3 2015 05:09pm
Quote (jimania @ Feb 3 2015 05:34pm)
you should stop arguing for no reason, if the thieves u duel or u have seen duel, are not the best ones u cant say x weapon vs x weapon and this is a thread about a new player regardless, which weapon set is better is situation specific.
You said dp vs sd matchup the dp thief would be in shame to lose to the sd, well how so? can u give me a few facts about that?

How dense are you? :wallbash:

Not surprised though, since you're one of the people who apparently watch others play GW2.

This post was edited by Kurow on Feb 3 2015 05:12pm
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll