d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Gw2 > Viable Build?
1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 29 2015 08:40am
Extremely new to the game, and so is my friend so I told him to look up a build and play with that.
He thinks a thief dual-wielding pistols is amazing and op and whatever.

I look it up online and everyone talks shit about it says it sucks ass, and hes so fucking retarded that I cant even PvP with him because hes shit.

Is this a build that has potential? Is it a retard running around with 2 shields? Opinions thanks x]
Gold: 37.00
Jan 29 2015 11:02am
Quote (Shawnn @ 29 Jan 2015 17:40)
Extremely new to the game, and so is my friend so I told him to look up a build and play with that.
He thinks a thief dual-wielding pistols is amazing and op and whatever.

I look it up online and everyone talks shit about it says it sucks ass, and hes so fucking retarded that I cant even PvP with him because hes shit.

Is this a build that has potential? Is it a retard running around with 2 shields? Opinions thanks x]

well since u guys are both new to pvp and he wants to play thief the easiest spec with most potential to a high level is sizer spec http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger
Gold: 13.37
Jan 29 2015 12:22pm
p-p thief is terrible in PVP. you will never see it at any level of competitive play. In PvE, if time/efficiency is not important to you, you can pretty much do whatever you want

Quote (jimania @ Jan 29 2015 09:02am)
well since u guys are both new to pvp and he wants to play thief the easiest spec with most potential to a high level is sizer spec http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger

This so much.
Gold: 42.00
Jan 29 2015 12:29pm
pvp is still bad on this game

tell him to delete his thief and roll warrior or guardian and if you didn't make one yourself best do that
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 29 2015 02:36pm
Quote (daruku @ Jan 29 2015 11:29am)
pvp is still bad on this game

tell him to delete his thief and roll warrior or guardian and if you didn't make one yourself best do that

I have that feeling as well, im a ranger currently. I can fuck shit up from a ways away, but anywhere within, well basically I can fucking shoot people (warrior? / the guy with the helmet icon ) Can spin in to me from 10 city blocks away and push my shit in.
Gold: 22.00
Jan 29 2015 03:03pm
thief isn't the easiest class to learn how to be effective with in pvp, especially for someone new to the game entirely. get a good feel for the way a thief works first, then learn how pvp works, THEN play thief in pvp.

i'm sure you've noticed, pvp is coming back in gw2 in a huge way recently, which means a large influx of noobs. now is the time to learn.

This post was edited by Wretch on Jan 29 2015 03:04pm
Gold: 212.00
Jan 29 2015 05:20pm
Lots of obscure opinion on this thread
So far Jimania has given you the best advice :P

If you are still searching for a build
You need to research sword/dagger thief, shatter mesmer, celestial/rifle engi, d/d elementalist and the players who have mained them in tournaments
These are the sure fire strong metas that are highly effective if played correctly
Other builds surely can work well but the above are amazing when played correctly in the current meta
Gold: 277.00
Jan 29 2015 06:57pm
Quote (jimania @ Jan 29 2015 12:02pm)

I respectfully disagree.

D/P is A LOT easier to play for newbies.

Playing S/D takes a lot more skill because you can't just 52 disengage.
Gold: 37.00
Jan 29 2015 07:31pm
i would definitely say the utilities need to change to make it abit more new friendly like replace 1 signet for shadowstep
and while u learn short bow is ur friend and when u master it short bow is ur companion
basically why i suggest this spec for a new guy is because whenever u stress u will have dodge rolls to run and perma swiftness
dagger pistol takes abit more control to play and i dont think dealing with skill interrupts or closing in to ur oponnent with something u cant later on dissengage on the same weaponset is optimal (shadow shot) the stealth helps alot ofc on the other hand. I think best is for your friend to try those 2 decide if he likes any or even make his build if he feels like it.

few things to keep in mind if u make ur own build if u want power build i suggest u double air fire sigil on the melee weapons and more than 40% crit chance so u can proc those.
if you go into acrobatics take the power of inertia trait which is dodge gives might and play strength for might duration, in the case u don't go acrobatics play pack runes for power spec again
any power build u play at the moment becomes much easier with 6 on trickery due to steal landing on top of blocks and also removing stability so u guarantee the daze with the last trait.

This post was edited by jimania on Jan 29 2015 07:38pm
Gold: 42.00
Jan 29 2015 07:38pm
Quote (Shawnn @ Jan 29 2015 02:36pm)
I have that feeling as well, im a ranger currently. I can fuck shit up from a ways away, but anywhere within, well basically I can fucking shoot people (warrior? / the guy with the helmet icon ) Can spin in to me from 10 city blocks away and push my shit in.

strictly from a pvm point of view

you best learn the games mechanics relatively well before even stepping into pvp
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll