d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ls Suggestion > For Exploring Maps
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 394.66
Jan 28 2015 05:15am
going with the GUI of the current LS; while exploring we can preview twists and turns within the catacombs a few moves ahead of time. why not use the current "preview" to add shadows? a shadow of a well, trap door, or even large or small mobs in the distance?

Ive been thinking about this over the past month or so, as ive been exploring or looking for a well. obviously the trap door "feature shadow" would be visible by only rogue and monk ( as I believe they are the only classes to be able to detect and not fall through them ). the shadows would show within the space of 2-3 moves away possibly.

just an idea for a possible improvement..

Gold: 8,888.88
Jan 28 2015 06:16am
I use the minimap... is this where you are referring where shadows appear? if yes... no ty.
But since I am unclear on what you are requesting, I have not voted.

EDIT: your thread says "Maps", I am assuming you mean Catacombs as well?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 28 2015 06:16am
Jan 28 2015 06:19am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 28 2015 07:16am)
I use the minimap... is this where you are referring where shadows appear? if yes... no ty.

minimap appears within the "preview" or view of the current placement of the group or character. I am suggesting to use the same basic shape of say the well.. just make it smaller and darker to appear as a shadow in the distance of the view.. minimap will have no effect or view of the shadows..
the following image shows when you are sitting ON the well ( as an example..); so make the well siized to the view/distance of the spacing, and further shadow it for 1 space, 2 spaces, and 3 spaces away.. same would apply to mobs, treasure chests, trap doors say within 1 space...

... as I said, this is just an idea, but input or feedback would be appreciated..

This post was edited by Canadian_Born on Jan 28 2015 06:23am
Jan 28 2015 07:16am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 28 2015 07:16am)

EDIT: your thread says "Maps", I am assuming you mean Catacombs as well?

I was meaning catacombs.. my bad.. wells do not appear on maps that I know of..

Gold: 80,814.96
Jan 28 2015 08:20am
It would be awesome to be able to see a well down a hallway before you explore to it.

Yes plox
Gold: 470.46
Jan 28 2015 10:16am
Anything that makes it easier to find a well gets a yes from me
Jan 28 2015 02:54pm
Quote (Canadian_Born @ Jan 29 2015 01:19am)
minimap appears within the "preview" or view of the current placement of the group or character. I am suggesting to use the same basic shape of say the well.. just make it smaller and darker to appear as a shadow in the distance of the view.. minimap will have no effect or view of the shadows..
the following image shows when you are sitting ON the well ( as an example..); so make the well siized to the view/distance of the spacing, and further shadow it for 1 space, 2 spaces, and 3 spaces away.. same would apply to mobs, treasure chests, trap doors say within 1 space...
http://s9.postimg.org/qv2archzz/6xwells.png

... as I said, this is just an idea, but input or feedback would be appreciated..

This is the same suggestion I made when he introduced the 3D aspect of the game, excluding the minimap being more transparent.
With this new setup, I do not want to drive and have a transparent map, signs going left right up down and a whistle crowding my
space.

Anyway, null vote as it will not make it any easier to find a "well", let us face facts people, you have to be heading in that direction anyway, so there is no point for shadowing a few steps ahead.
Jan 30 2015 08:24pm
any other opinions? input or questions on this?

e/
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 28 2015 03:54pm)
This is the same suggestion I made when he introduced the 3D aspect of the game, excluding the minimap being more transparent.

With this new setup, I do not want to drive and have a transparent map, signs going left right up down and a whistle crowding my
space.

Anyway, null vote as it will not make it any easier to find a "well", let us face facts people, you have to be heading in that direction anyway, so there is no point for shadowing a few steps ahead.

its not about just seeing the well or something a few spots ahead in the grand scheme of things.. ive had a few bad spins while exploring, remembering exactly where ive spun from, and there has been a chest, or a well within the next few spaces from my original spin..

I think this would help some of us who use the well a lot. myself, I generally well 100+ items at a time, sometimes I get nothing, other times I get something decent.

I'm just saying it'd be a nice feature to at least add something to the game, to maybe even entice a few new slashers to try a bit more?

This post was edited by Canadian_Born on Jan 30 2015 08:31pm
Gold: 57.57
Jan 30 2015 09:43pm
I havn't been on much lately. but i think this is an amazing idea. voted yes :)
Jan 30 2015 09:49pm
Quote (Canadian_Born @ Jan 31 2015 03:24pm)
any other opinions? input or questions on this?

e/

its not about just seeing the well or something a few spots ahead in the grand scheme of things.. ive had a few bad spins while exploring, remembering exactly where ive spun from, and there has been a chest, or a well within the next few spaces from my original spin..

I think this would help some of us who use the well a lot. myself, I generally well 100+ items at a time, sometimes I get nothing, other times I get something decent.

I'm just saying it'd be a nice feature to at least add something to the game, to maybe even entice a few new slashers to try a bit more?

This lost me... if you found a Well, it appears in blue on the spot it is located. Are you referring to leaving the game and coming back and not remembering where the well was?
Not trying to argue with you, I never lose the whereabouts of the Well or TD unless I leave and come back.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll