d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Gw2 > Iso Advice
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 26 2015 04:24pm
New to game and overwhelmed with the mass amount of shit you can do.
Where should I start? Does 100% map completion meen anything or am I wasting my time?

Iso help from pro chodelifers, thanks x]

Also the game has serious fucking frame rate issues, I played World vs World with 39205325 players, but I enter a swamp and go down to 5fps. Idk.
Gold: 13.37
Jan 26 2015 05:53pm
Quote (Shawnn @ Jan 26 2015 02:24pm)
New to game and overwhelmed with the mass amount of shit you can do.
Where should I start? Does 100% map completion meen anything or am I wasting my time?

Iso help from pro chodelifers, thanks x]

Also the game has serious fucking frame rate issues, I played World vs World with 39205325 players, but I enter a swamp and go down to 5fps. Idk.

hey there!

I'll try to answer your questions as concisely as I can, but if you have more questions, feel free to pm.

1) yes. there is a ton of shit to do. Anet explicitly made the game so that you can level in a large variety of ways. where should you start? honestly, I would just start with basic PVE content. Do some map completion, run some events, and get a feel for your chosen character. Once you've gotten a bit more acquainted, there are several ways to level (most of which are more quick that map completion, but much less valuable to teaching actual game mechanics).

2) 100% map completion is valuable for several reasons. firstly, its a good way to explore, get some achievement points, some experience, and some map completion loot. secondly, if you ever want to craft your own legendary (as opposed to buying form TP), you will have to have 100% map completion.

3) dont know what a chodelifer is, so cant help there

4) large scale WvW or WvW on the top tier servers lags for just about everyone. I noticed significant improvement in frame rate when i changed my guild wars 2 client to windowed mode (as opposed to full screen) and when I turn down some of the graphics options
Gold: 212.00
Jan 26 2015 09:42pm
Go in to your options

Turn ALL graphics down

Keep only character texture and character model quality limits to high "set to NATIVE RENDERING"

Wallah low system req gaming, while characters still look nice
Jan 27 2015 07:40am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 26 2015 08:42pm)
Go in to your options

Turn ALL graphics down

Keep only character texture and character model quality limits to high "set to NATIVE RENDERING"

Wallah low system req gaming, while characters still look nice

I run everything on max with unlimited frames and its always above 60 in the World V World ( Edge of the mist? ) Where you follow a giant train of people and down enemy bosses for exp.
The ONLY time I have ever experienced lag ( and it is fucking god awful ) Is in this swampy area I will have to look and give you the exact name, but when I enter its instant drop to 3 fps. Then my game freezes.
Gold: 1,365.00
Jan 27 2015 08:14am
swampy area?
maybe southwest (Green Side) and south of Eternal Battlegrounds?

wouldnt know any other swampy area in WvW
Gold: 22.00
Jan 27 2015 11:03am
Quote (Shawnn @ Jan 27 2015 08:40am)
I run everything on max with unlimited frames and its always above 60 in the World V World ( Edge of the mist? ) Where you follow a giant train of people and down enemy bosses for exp.
The ONLY time I have ever experienced lag ( and it is fucking god awful ) Is in this swampy area I will have to look and give you the exact name, but when I enter its instant drop to 3 fps. Then my game freezes.

turn reflections off.
Gold: 126.50
Jan 27 2015 01:50pm
You are new to the game then The first thing you should focus on is getting your character to level 80. levels 1-79 are tutorials.You can get gear until your lvl 80 from heart NPC's or Trading Post Everything changes once you hit level 80. I suggest pushing through the story first and playing through general PvE content until u get the gist of the game. I wouldn't focus on World completion because that would just be a boring grind but the Dynamic Hearts and Events grant a good amount of exp.Some will suggest going to Edge of the Mists to level but you will only be mindlessly following a Zerg and wont learn to play your toon. PvP will help a alot also. i always suggest doing sPvP before WvW to help learn pvp combat and you can earn Tome of Knowledge which each one will instantly boost you 1 level and will drastically improve you leveling speed. But remember sPvP has seperate armor/stats/traits to assign. Ascalonian Catacombs is the lowest and easiest of the dungeons opening its story at 30 and Explorable at 35. you can also trade tokens you earn there for armor at level 35. I hope this helps you get started.

Also one of THE MOST important things to learn is how to time your dodges properly. And which emotes you will need to evade. Damage negation is critical.

As suggested turn off reflections. if its still too laggy for you turn off your post processing

This post was edited by Long_cut8 on Jan 27 2015 01:52pm
Gold: 22.00
Jan 27 2015 02:59pm
Quote (Long_cut8 @ Jan 27 2015 02:50pm)
You are new to the game then The first thing you should focus on is getting your character to level 80. levels 1-79 are tutorials.You can get gear until your lvl 80 from heart NPC's or Trading Post Everything changes once you hit level 80. I suggest pushing through the story first and playing through general PvE content until u get the gist of the game. I wouldn't focus on World completion because that would just be a boring grind but the Dynamic Hearts and Events grant a good amount of exp.Some will suggest going to Edge of the Mists to level but you will only be mindlessly following a Zerg and wont learn to play your toon. PvP will help a alot also. i always suggest doing sPvP before WvW to help learn pvp combat and you can earn Tome of Knowledge which each one will instantly boost you 1 level and will drastically improve you leveling speed. But remember sPvP has seperate armor/stats/traits to assign. Ascalonian Catacombs is the lowest and easiest of the dungeons opening its story at 30 and Explorable at 35. you can also trade tokens you earn there for armor at level 35. I hope this helps you get started.

Also one of THE MOST important things to learn is how to time your dodges properly. And which emotes you will need to evade. Damage negation is critical.

As suggested turn off reflections. if its still too laggy for you turn off your post processing

reflections and shadows are the 2 least noticeable graphics changes that are also big fps killers.
Jan 28 2015 12:24am
Quote (Wretch @ Jan 27 2015 01:59pm)
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/003/e/1/he_s_right_you_know_by_nightdemon12-d70r777.jpg

reflections and shadows are the 2 least noticeable graphics changes that are also big fps killers.

Thanks.

I have 1 more question.
PvP ( The 2 swords in the corner )
Does gear matter in this? Does a Lv.1 Stand the same chance against a Lv. 80?
Should people be raging at lower levels?
Can someone clarify this please thanks, what im wanting to know is.
Does a Lv. 80 character have any advantage over a Lv.1 Character?

Everyones arguing about it and idk, someone who is expert can tell me from here not some rands swimming in the sea of tards.
Gold: 42.00
Jan 28 2015 12:26am
enjoy it while you can it doesn't have a super hardcore longterm lifspan but the patches generally are decent

the little expansion looks very promising as well, no better time to begin playing than now

just ignore the fact that the long term players will always have more style than you, no matter what
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll