d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Yo, Question! > Newbie Here
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,230.00
Jan 24 2015 05:21pm
Hello!

I just bougt the game today, its half-way to be downloaded, and since i was looking for informations i found out some stuff, but i still have questions:

-are here any item reinforcement mechanic? So can i "+" or "up" my items to make them stronger or lets say there are like 20-20 of each type of weapon with a stat randomizer, and everyone hunts for the best randomized stats? i kinda like the reinf system in mmo-s so i can make decent low-mid lvl pvp chars with maxed gear.
-any hidden math i should know? like crit rate, crit damage? some mmo-s have these stuff hidden from players for no reason, and im that type of player who wants to know how the system works so i can make the best char out of the items and stuff i have.

thx! (kick my butt for low english skillz)
Gold: 212.00
Jan 24 2015 05:37pm
First of all, in Guild Wars 2 pvp, everyone is automatically level 80 and uses the same quality of goods "there is no choice here, it's to keep things balanced"
So you could be level 10 and walk in to pvp and it will make you level 80 while in that area and while in that area, your level 10 basic gear will count as level 80 exotics gears

In World vs. World you can enter at low-mid levels but you won't stay that way long because everything gives you XP and it doesn't take long to level in GW2
Not only will you realize that zerging or running havock as a mid level is terrible for many reasons but you'll also realize why no one is running purposeful mid level characters
In other words, this is not a game with a low-mid level dueling scene

Other than the above
Official wiki will tell you everything you need to know about combat mechanics
The only secret to Guild Wars 2 is being a user that truly understands communication, strategy, position, timing and how to manipulate a pvp scene that functions on a rock/paper/scissors effect
Though an expansion is coming soon and from what the've said, it should a good needed dose of extra complexity to the game

Also, do yourself a favor now and download the teamspeak3 client
This is what the GW2 community has chosen to use as primary means of communication
You'll need it if you want to pvp

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jan 24 2015 05:39pm
Gold: 2,230.00
Jan 24 2015 05:46pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ 25 Jan 2015 00:37)
First of all, in Guild Wars 2 pvp, everyone is automatically level 80 and uses the same quality of goods "there is no choice here, it's to keep things balanced"
So you could be level 10 and walk in to pvp and it will make you level 80 while in that area and while in that area, your level 10 basic gear will count as level 80 exotics gears

In World vs. World you can enter at low-mid levels but you won't stay that way long because everything gives you XP and it doesn't take long to level in GW2
Not only will you realize that zerging or running havock as a mid level is terrible for many reasons but you'll also realize why no one is running purposeful mid level characters
In other words, this is not a game with a low-mid level dueling scene

Other than the above
Official wiki will tell you everything you need to know about combat mechanics
The only secret to Guild Wars 2 is being a user that truly understands communication, strategy, position, timing and how to manipulate a pvp scene that functions on a rock/paper/scissors effect
Though an expansion is coming soon and from what the've said, it should a good needed dose of extra complexity to the game

Also, do yourself a favor now and download the teamspeak3 client
This is what the GW2 community has chosen to use as primary means of communication
You'll need it if you want to pvp

thx!
it feels like there isnt anything like dominate with ur big epenised char, soloing 4 scrub players, and its kinda sad :<
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll