d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Current Health Care Costs > Have Your Costs Gone Up Or Down?
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.00
Jan 18 2015 05:08pm
Deductible massively increased and premiums slightly increased.

I feel so happy. :rolleyes:
Gold: 270.56
Jan 18 2015 05:16pm
Mine has gone up $40 per pay period, most my office has lost their preferred doctors, one woman who had been undergoing cancer treatment had to begin the referral process from scratch after our insurance provider changed, delaying her treatment several months. Everyone in my area seems to have more negative things to say than positive.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2015 05:19pm
Quote (RzChaos @ Jan 18 2015 04:36pm)
Went up something like $10 a pay period and benefits dropped slightly.

My medical deductible is increasing by 20% and my coinsurance is going from 80% to 75%.

Company contribution to HSA is decreasing by $50/year for single employees, and costs are increasing by $120 per year for Single/Non-Smoking

This post was edited by RzChaos on Jan 18 2015 05:20pm
Gold: 6.66
Jan 18 2015 06:02pm
Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 18 2015 11:27pm)
Up but I don't think that's Obama's fault :lol:

of course it is!

even this can happen across oceans and on faraway continents

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jan 18 2015 06:03pm
Gold: 260.11
Jan 18 2015 06:13pm
Oh, and unchanged
Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 18 2015 06:32pm
Almost doubled for my parents and brother.

Its not like the country is any healthier on average now so it makes you wonder why.

Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2015 07:06pm)
The only way to change our health care system for the better is to make health insurance nonprofit.

Obama half assed it, most of the problem falls on Max Baucus because he more or less single-handed blocked any meaningful reform.  He used his influential post to make single payer a nonstarter at the same time taking hand over fist in bribes from the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries.

The reason I voted for Clinton in the primary is that I thought that she might have the political capital and know-how to get a real health care bill passed.  Instead we got Barry and the handout to private insurance.

Of course, only one choice :rolleyes:

I want to think that Hillary would've done better, her work ethic and understanding of the system is far better, but she also has a tendency to force things.

Obama just spews nonsense at this point, its maddening.
Gold: 20.31
Jan 18 2015 08:02pm
My family's coverage has gotten fairly cheaper with respect to most of the cost metrics (premiums, deductibles, co-ins) but it has gotten considerably cheaper overall now that it comes with a better OPM. That simple addition has made it, like most plans, a lot cheaper by the sheer virtue that the plan is no longer bankrupt-able in the event that the worst happens to any of the policyholders.

Every once in a while I'll go on Healthcare.gov and play around with the information just to see what different plans would cost now vs. what insurance cost years ago if my wife and I didn't have the plan(s) we had over that time. It's a relief to know that I'd be saving thousands of dollars a year if I had to go onto the exchange to get the same kind of plan. While I don't need it, it's good to know that it's there for the many people who do.

Quote (Historic @ Jan 18 2015 01:58pm)
I'm seeing alot of conflicting story's on obamacare figured i'd make a poll. pretty self explanatory.

Listening to anecdotal stuff will do that to you. Costs are going down, down, down in the aggregate. There's no mistaking that.
Gold: 500.00
Jan 18 2015 08:04pm
i see the resident 1%'ers are upset that those less fortunate now have healthcare coverage
Gold: 285.00
Jan 18 2015 08:05pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 18 2015 07:32pm)
Almost doubled for my parents and brother.

Its not like the country is any healthier on average now so it makes you wonder why.

Of course, only one choice  :rolleyes:

I want to think that Hillary would've done better, her work ethic and understanding of the system is far better, but she also has a tendency to force things.

Okay, one proven way. Sorry, I didn't have the necessary qualifier to make my statement true.
Gold: 20.31
Jan 18 2015 08:06pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 18 2015 05:32pm)

Hillary Clinton wouldn't have been able to lead a legislative effort that generated healthcare reform that is working like this is working, and she definitely wouldn't have produced something that works even better. That's not an indictment against her competency or her "understanding of the system," it's just about what priorities she would have had in her first two years had she been elected instead.

Obama wanted this because he knew how important it was and how it had eluded presidents for 100 years. He had strong majorities in Congress and the country was at a make-a-break point for healthcare reform and so he took on what he knew would be heavy consequences for action so that he could drive costs down for most people. Obama himself came from a family that was dogged by ineffective healthcare so he had a lot more personal stake in the game than Clinton did as well.

People were pushing many headline proposals for those first two years -- healthcare, energy, immigration, education. The first was always going to be stimulus because it was mandatory, and Obama picked healthcare for #2. Clinton likely would have gone in a different direction. She's said as much both publicly and privately.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll