d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Item Drop Discussion
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 358.89
Jan 18 2015 02:21am
It's time to have a serious discussion about this games future. With the recent patch, and involvement from Paul himself in making this the best possible version yet, we need to be open about items being dropped. In the current state of the game, items are just not being found. Activity is at a high right now and there's no items falling to even help out new players.

In the past 25 days I've been apart of 100 climbs. That's 500 1-71 runs worth of members. Exploring, Quest farming, Whistle, Maps, Monster Difficulty Maps, you name it, ZERO items. Welling? Nope. In 500 climbs I've yet to see an item above level 40 that would be even of value to a brand new user, and maybe 2-3 items total that a BRAND NEW user could get by with.

For the established players, GP racing and climbing for the higher classes is the allure. That's fine because we've all played older versions of the game where we could actually acquire some gear. New players starting the game today simply can't obtain even the simplest gear to enjoy the game.

With sheer amount of stats possible on items, it's nearly impossible to actually get usable items. For this reason the drop rate isn't good enough. Want EE on your weapon? Here's Magic Luck, Mana Syphon, Wind Mastery, 37 different stats you can roll instead of the only one that matters.

I know there's a happy middle place somewhere, we are certainly far below it right now.

Don't post your 80 ee level 15 staff and tell me items are dropping :bonk:
Gold: 595.62
Jan 18 2015 02:25am
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost I would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Raul Sanchez, for being really awkward and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next I would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that I need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people I would like to thank; D2JSP, the fish I caught in the third grade, my light in my room bc I wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me get on D2JSP, my house because without it I would be homeless, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone!

~Bert
Gold: 6,376.70
Jan 18 2015 02:37am
Here I was under the impression this is merely an intended feature, and the future of items in Ladderslasher depends on muters? Are you attempting to devalue muting or something?
Gold: 482.43
Jan 18 2015 02:56am
paul made the game have decent drops for a week after the update, then he nerfed it again. i dont know why

This post was edited by klinezerokilla on Jan 18 2015 02:57am
Jan 18 2015 02:59am
Quote (klinezerokilla @ Jan 18 2015 02:56am)
paul made the game have decent drops for a week after the update, then he nerfed it again. i dont know why

I think we can certainly agree the drops we witnessed following the update (level glitching groups) was completely out of control and needed to be fixed. It definitely wasn't intended to occur in that way.
Gold: 305.97
Jan 18 2015 03:11am
Quote (TheBert @ Jan 18 2015 03:25am)
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost I would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Raul Sanchez, for being really awkward and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next I would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that I need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people I would like to thank; D2JSP, the fish I caught in the third grade, my light in my room bc I wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me get on D2JSP, my house because without it I would be homeless, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone!

~Bert

Gold: 130,503.83
Trader: Trusted
Jan 18 2015 03:30am
Quote (klinezerokilla @ 18 Jan 2015 09:56)

ah that sounds right

Angelic adamantium axe
Level Req: 35
Damage: 323 to 387

+191% Enhanced Effect
+8 Vitality
+1 to 10 Life per Kill
+3 Jubilance

dont remember the date.. but this dropped from well not too long after the update..

and yeah, the droprate could be a little bit higher.. or well.. droprate itself was improved a lot and lowered again.. but the drop quality is still very bad..
thats also because of all the useless stats..

stats really need to be balanced..

jubilance: just drop this useless stat or balance it (100 exp per jub per sec or whatever)
the masteries: increase the value (max 70 or something) or just drop it
heal mastery: was a useful stat, never overpowered.. heal mastery gear was always VERY cheap. why kill it? this needs to be thought of again.
life steal could be improved a bit.. it doesnt need to be overpowered like at the start of ls.. but it could be buffed a bit
mana consumption: i dont feel this would be too useful as it is now
mana skin: oh well.. could need an improvement

most important for me: the masteries especially heal mastery + jubilance
Gold: 595.62
Jan 18 2015 03:30am
I seem to find an endless stream on subpar gear +/- 50ee gear .... Not to mention the multitude of tierII perfects

Quote (LilCanadian @ 18 Jan 2015 05:11)
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/974/clap.gif

you sir need to update to the current available version :

Jan 18 2015 03:35am
Could you two morons stop spamming my thread..?

Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Jan 18 2015 03:30am)
ah that sounds right

Angelic adamantium axe
Level Req: 35
Damage: 323 to 387

+191% Enhanced Effect
+8 Vitality
+1 to 10 Life per Kill
+3 Jubilance

dont remember the date.. but this dropped from well not too long after the update..

and yeah, the droprate could be a little bit higher.. or well.. droprate itself was improved a lot and lowered again.. but the drop quality is still very bad..
thats also because of all the useless stats..

stats really need to be balanced..

jubilance: just drop this useless stat or balance it (100 exp per jub per sec or whatever)
the masteries: increase the value (max 70 or something) or just drop it
heal mastery: was a useful stat, never overpowered.. heal mastery gear was always VERY cheap. why kill it? this needs to be thought of again.
life steal could be improved a bit.. it doesnt need to be overpowered like at the start of ls.. but it could be buffed a bit
mana consumption: i dont feel this would be too useful as it is now
mana skin: oh well.. could need an improvement

most important for me: the masteries especially heal mastery + jubilance

I don't think the drop rate was "higher" after the release, it was just abused in the way that it was with the introduction to high level range games.

This post was edited by Joshie on Jan 18 2015 03:35am
Gold: 1,470.74
Jan 18 2015 04:28am
The axe dropped 3 days after update and it was off a level 35 well drop. Hard to factor that in since there's been nothing else anywhere close to that off a well in two months. Could have just been chance and due for a big well drop.

The only significant mute since update has been guns 50 sword which also was 6 days after update. Out of what all has been posted public.

Drop ratio should always be monitored and tweaked accordingly to the flow of the game imo. Consider all the ways items are introduced: wells, mutes, catas (explore, whistle, objective mobs) maps and their mods. Then adjust by what's dropping. I wouldn't want it to be flooded with high items and have a d2 market. Idk if Paul has a game log that shows a set list of things that drop over certain parameters or not (170ee+; 50+ dex,str,int;) would be hard if not for someone who isn't deeply in the day to day activity of the game to know the current item introductions and if it's at the desirable level.

There are and continue to be tons of avg mid range stuff being introduced from all phases. What I can notice though is the significant drop off of those items at level 45+. That to me should be examined. Realizing the bottle neck is level 30 where the muting levels start to dwindle and the skillers and sellers also start to become reduced in game may be the only reason for this. If so and if that won't change then maybe an increase is in order for those levels in some way.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jan 18 2015 04:33am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll